GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Delta Pi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,349
1 members and 1,348 guests
John

Old 03-04-2004, 08:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Need help!!!

Hey girls.

I was just talking to polarpi about 30 minutes ago and we were talking about ebay and the pins. I asked her if she knew if ADPi had a 'department' set up to track the pins on ebay and bet on them in an effort to make sure a sister got them. She said she didn't think there was one, which is why we on gc make an effort to grab them ourselves.

We got to talking and I got to thinking, I think (not sure) am going to write a letter to EO concerning this topic. I figured if there are about 5-10 sisters (possibly more) who moniter the goings ons with ebay and bid on the pins then we could make sure we get them. Plus, I was also thinking once the bidding ends the winner just receives an email saying that they have won, they then click on the link to pay the fee. With that, why can't EO have an account set aside just for rescuing pins. Whichever sister, lets say it's Honey, wins, Honey would then foward the link on to EO with the message that we have won the pin and that it needs to be paid for. EO can get the pins directly or the members of the group can get them and then maybe give them to Alpha members who can't afford to purchase their own pin.

What do you guys think? Do you think that this is a good idea or a bad idea? If it is a good idea what should I say in the letter? I'm actually pretty decent at writing persuasive letters but not excellent. I figure the letter would have to have the plan entirely laid out, so how would EO go about selecting sisters to be part of this board? Should it just be sisters who volunteer? Feel free to post your thoughts here, PM or email me.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-04-2004, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

There is an unofficial group called "The Guardians of the Diamond" which does its best to keep our pin in the hands of ADPis only. I throw that out as information, as I can see pros & cons to your plan.

It's a great plan, but I see no problem with a SISTER collecting pins. I wouldn't want to feel obligated to turn any pin over to EO, reimbursement or not.

I also would think that many other sisters would want to see funds diverted towards scholarships & the Foundation, rather than pins.

But this is a great topic of discussion! What do y'all think?
Old 03-04-2004, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I totally get wanting money to go towards scholarship and foundation but what about saving our pins.

Polarpi and I were talking and she was mentioning voluntary dues that alumni can pay, well I would be more than willing to give and extra 10 or 20 bucks for it to go into a special account that can be used to save our pins from the hands of collectors. I mean think about it, if every sister gave just ten bucks we would have thousands upon thousands of dollars just to save pins.

Obviously the whole allotment of money wouldn't be used, so it's not to say that some of it couldn't go to scholarship. I'm just saying that there should be an account that we could go too.

This isn't something that is going to happen overnight and who knows when and if it ever will.

Just shouting some thoughts out.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt