GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Kappa
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,261
3 members and 2,258 guests
Cookiez17, Pinkmagnolia921

Old 06-30-2005, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Trust me hon, I have no metabolism either. I force myself to work out even when I'm sick, tired, hungry, whatever. And I think that if it weren't for the cardio workouts I wouldn't lose much weight. I'm honestly surprised at how much weight I've lost & I'm really surprised with how much of it has to do with portioning your food. I eat exact amounts of everything & I thought it would be harder to keep up with but it isn't (because almost everything I eat comes pre-packaged!)

I hardly ever eat anything that has more than one serving in it. Like a candy bar these days has 3-4 servings in one! So I stick with my mini-bag of microwave popcorn that only has 1 serving & is just barely 2 points. I buy the WW stuff as much as possible since it already tells you the points & that makes things easier too.

(But about my weight, maybe one day, when I reach my goal I'll tell everyone how much I really did weigh. You'd be surprised at how fat I really am but you just can't tell from that picture.)

And Trevor & I are using that picture as our "before" picture for my next session of WW. Even though he isn't doing WW w/ me he tends to eat the same things I do so he is losing weight as well. He does twice the exercise that I do because he takes the bus lots of places & does quite a bit more walking. I'm so jealous of him!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-30-2005, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alphaiota Send a message via Yahoo to alphaiota
well, since you were complaining about it becoming your thread, i'll post.
so i've been dating this guy. i met him through my last job and we've been dating for about 3 months now. not really sure where things are going, but i'm just taking it one day at a time.

he's actually 36 (i'm 25) and he's been married twice. both times he caught his wife in bed with another man. technically he is still married to his last wife, but hasn't seen her or lived with her in over 4yrs. he also has two kids. one by each wife.

i don't know what it is about him, but i feel so comfortable and happy when i'm with him. he treats me like gold and does anything for me.

he's actually on disability and social security for injuring his back during desert storm. he was a quartermaster in the coast guard.

well, that's about all i have to tell yall right now. i have a terrible headache right now, so i'm going to lay down and hopefully sleep it off before i go out with him tonight.

shelley j
sigma k
Old 06-30-2005, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by alphaiota
i don't know what it is about him, but i feel so comfortable and happy when i'm with him. he treats me like gold and does anything for me.
Don't you just love dating older men? Trevor is 39 & I'm 23 & he treats me really well. I love how he has been through so much & how I've finally found someone who is mature! He takes such good care of me & himself & his children (He has two kids too!) I love older men.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Not to knock the older men but I'm 26 & my fiance is 24. He turns 25 a week before the wedding & I'll be 27 years young 2 months after the wedding. Younger men can be pretty neat too.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

WW Rocks! It really helps u lose weight the right way, I lose 20 lbs but like 10 inches!!!! I learned EAT ALL YOUR POINTS! Or you will not lose weight! You should also eat points that u earn working out and even the flex points! just pick the good stuff

the ages: well age is and is not irrelevant. Me personally I feel someone in their early 20's dating someone in their late 30's-40's can be a bit tooo big a span BUT i have friends who make it work as long as you are in the same place work wise, lifestyle and personality wise IE you are 23 and want to go bar hoping but your 35 yr old BF wants to stay in... ISSUE..... this can be true of those in the same age group but usually older guys want to settle down and have kids quckly 'cuz they are older but it can work if u luv eachother and are committed
Old 07-01-2005, 10:27 AM
GreekChat Member

I am truly upset with my fiance right now. I was with him while he got a haircut yesterday & the lady who does his hair told him that he has two moles on the back of his neck that she has been keeping an eye on. She said that they are changing size and shape & that is not a good thing. She told him that he really needs to get those checked out just in case. I have noticed them before but not closely b/c he is really freckly so I thought nothing of them. Now I'm worried especially b/c he refuses to get them checked. I got angry with him for not taking his health seriously. He claims that if he starts to feel sick, he'll go to the doctor. This just made me fly off the handle, so to speak. I yelled and cried that if there is anything wrong, he would not know for a long long time.
He is the type that he'd have to be writhing in pain or bleeding profusely to get treatment and it makes me angry and worried. When I left yesterday, I told him to please go either today or tomorrow b/c his doctor is in and available. I told him that I worry for him and to please go for me. I don't think he'll listen b/c he can be so damn stubborn. I don't know what else to do.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank the hairdresser for being so conscience! That was awesome of her and I would drive him to the nearest doctor.

By the time things like skin cancer (which is what moles can be) is making u ill its not a good thing. He can easily have them removed and he'd be fine. Skin cancer is very very cureable even the dangerous kind!
Old 07-01-2005, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: hot, humid houston . . .how's that for alliteration?
Moving to Houston

Tomorrow I am moving from wonderful Colorado to Houston. I've been here over a year and have yet to find a job. Since Mom and Daddy moved back to Houston in May, it's time to go live with them for a while. I'm not looking forward to it. I'm orginally from Texas so that's not an issue, I'm really not happy about moving in with my parents. I get a long with them great, it's just I thought I'd have a job and a real life by now.

I interviewed with Enterprise Rent A Car last week for their Management Training program here in Colorado. The lady was supposed to get back to me this week and I haven't heard anything. I've followed up with a phone call and an email, any more than that I think is overkill at this point. It's basically like my emergency reprieve. If I get the job I get to stay in Colorado. Which is what I really want. Hopefully she'll come through for me and I'll get to stay here or come back. If she gets back to me next week, I'll be on the next plane back.

For now packing is just a pain in the arse. I'm driving and definately not looking forward to an 18 hour drive by myself. Sorry for the vent. . .

One Heart One Way. . .
Old 07-01-2005, 02:56 PM
GreekChat Member

good luck with your job search! I know it can be tough. and with moving... next time Im hiring movers already told the husband that!

As for living with the parents I did until I was 26 and got married and so did the hubby. It was not perfect but we tried to communicate, it was hard for them to see me as an adult but I and the hubby saved a ton of cash that we used for the down payment on a house! PLus side and even if they charge rent, its cheaper than renting on your own! even for a bit!
Old 07-01-2005, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Moving to Houston

There is another good thing about Houston, a wonderful Alumnae chapter!!! Let me know if you do end up here and are interested in coming to some events. I'm the Young Alum coordinator and Newsletter/Webmaster (I'd point you to the website but I haven't really done that part of my job yet so its really out dated).

Have a safe drive and good luck with the job!

LISK
Colleen

Quote:
Originally posted by PSUSigKap
Tomorrow I am moving from wonderful Colorado to Houston. I've been here over a year and have yet to find a job. Since Mom and Daddy moved back to Houston in May, it's time to go live with them for a while. I'm not looking forward to it. I'm orginally from Texas so that's not an issue, I'm really not happy about moving in with my parents. I get a long with them great, it's just I thought I'd have a job and a real life by now.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: hot, humid houston . . .how's that for alliteration?
Well, I just got a form letter from Enterprise. I'm definately coming to Houston. Colleen, I'll pm you with my info. I'll definately want to meet more people than my parents friends

One Heart One Way. . .
Old 07-01-2005, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

CONGRATULATIONS! I really hope everything works out great for you in Houston. I've never been there but the people I know there say you can't beat the BBQ & the friendliness.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorry to hear you didn't get the job but I am sure something will turn up for you in Houston!
Old 07-02-2005, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alphaiota Send a message via Yahoo to alphaiota
my boyfriend is the same way about the doctors. although he has more of an excuse seeing as how he's had to deal with an injured back for so long. but he won't even take an asprin for a headache. for that i don't sympathize, but i do give him a head massage. he's such a loveable arse. lol

i totally feel ya on the whole living with the parents thing. i'm 25 and still living at home. i had to move back in after i graduated in 2002. i haven't been able to find a job where i earn enough to live on my own though. (way too much credit card debt)
it's been interesting at times, but they have come to realize i'm a grown woman and will do what i want. however, me respecting them went/goes a long long way in terms of keeping the peace in the household.

shelley j
sigma k
Old 07-03-2005, 11:40 AM
GreekChat Member

I am excited & doing a happy dance right now. Today, Mike & I are going to Escondido (it's near San Diego) & we're choosing the last of our options. I get to pick out our tile, our paint, our carpet. I know it's silly to get excited over something so trivial but he chose the options for our kitchen & our bathrooms. I get to do the bedrooms, living room, & dining room.
I'm thinking of tile in the dining room & carpeting the living room, stairs, & the upstairs. I have some color schemes in mind but I have to see what is being offered.

Better run & eat breakfast & then get ready.