GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Events Is your organization hosting an Event or do you know about an upcoming Event and would like to get the word out? Post all Event related information here.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,142
2 members and 2,140 guests
MethrenLusia, Tridentia

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2021, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry Alpha Phi International Threatening Volunteers with NDA

This Alpha Phi International Non Disclosure Agreement for “Volunteer Leaders” is making the rounds in private texts / chats all across the country. Lawyers have even looked at it and told some Alpha Phi volunteers that it isn’t worth the paper it is written on. I’m not a lawyer, so I don't know BUT but IMO, unless Alpha Phi has started paying volunteers CASH MONEY for their silence, this can only be viewed as a SCARE TACTIC to keep horrified volunteers from talking about the despicable practices of the national officers and staff. WHAT ARE THEY AFRAID OF? Put simply, the TRUTH.

Shame on the International Executive Board.

Shame on the Executive Director.

I hope that volunteers keep speaking up and telling the truth about the ugliness that we all now know as … Alpha Phi International. Vows of confidentiality become meaningless when you violate the very nature and promise of the founding principles of the organization.

A corrupt leadership DESERVES to be exposed.

What do you all think of this? Does your organization require volunteers to sign NDA agreements with threats of legal action?

This is the text of the Non Disclosure Agreement:

As a condition of my position as a volunteer leader with Alpha Phi International Fraternity, Inc. (“Alpha Phi”), a New York not-for-profit corporation, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, I agree to the following:*

A. I acknowledge and understand that in connection with my position as a*[INSERT POSITION HERE]*with Alpha Phi, I will have access to and be provided with certain confidential and proprietary information pertaining to Alpha Phi, including but not limited to information relating to its members, business practices and strategies, finances, designs, plans, drawings, photographs, mock-ups, discoveries, research, developments, methods, processes, procedures, improvements, ‘know-how’, market research, marketing techniques and plans, in oral, demonstrative, written, graphic or machine-readable form, and other matters, all of which Alpha Phi deems confidential and proprietary and all of which are of substantial value to Alpha Phi (“Confidential Information”).*

B. I acknowledge and understand that in connection with my volunteer leader position with Alpha Phi, I may be asked to create or prepare certain confidential and proprietary business information pertaining to Alpha Phi, its members and its business operations. I may also be asked to participate in meetings, telephone conferences or other modes of communication where confidential information pertaining to Alpha Phi is disclosed and/or discussed. The confidential and proprietary information referred in paragraphs A and B of this Agreement is hereinafter referred to as the “Confidential Information.”*

C. I agree not to use, cause to be used, or to disclose to any third party, whether directly or indirectly, and unless required by my volunteer role or assigned responsibilities, any Confidential Information of Alpha Phi at any time prior to, during, or after my volunteer leader position with Alpha Phi ceases without the express written consent of the Alpha Phi Executive Office. I acknowledge and agree that the requirements herein shall apply to Confidential Information disclosed to me prior to the date of this Agreement.*

D. In the event that my status as a volunteer leader with Alpha Phi ceases, for whatever reason, I agree to promptly return to Alpha Phi all Confidential Information or certify to Alpha Phi that I have destroyed, in any form and of any kind, which is in my possession, custody or control, including any copies of such Confidential Information. I further agree that I will not retain copies of any such Confidential Information upon the conclusion of my volunteer leader position with Alpha Phi.*

E. I further agree that I will not disclose, use or reference any Confidential Information of Alpha Phi on any social media platform at any time prior to, during, or after my volunteer leader position with Alpha Phi concludes.*

F. In the event that I breach any provision of this Agreement, I acknowledge that a remedy at law would be inadequate to sufficiently protect Alpha Phi’s interests in safeguarding its Confidential Information and, further, that Alpha Phi shall be entitled to an injunction restraining any further breaches, in addition to any other remedy provided by law. In addition, I agree to pay any and all reasonable costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, incurred by Alpha Phi in enforcing this Agreement.*

G. No amendment, modification or variation of the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall be valid unless it is in writing and signed by the Parties hereto.*

H. This Agreement shall be construed under the laws of the State of Illinois. Any court proceeding brought by either Party under this Agreement must be brought in either the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois or the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois. Each Party agrees to personal jurisdiction in any such court.*

I. In the event that any provision of this Agreement is declared to be unenforceable or invalid under applicable law, the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall not be affected thereby, and the provision that is declared to be unenforceable or invalid shall be changed and interpreted so as to best accomplish the Parties’ desire to protect and safeguard the Confidential Information of Alpha Phi.*