GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,391
2 members and 1,389 guests
chironthearcher

Old 12-25-2009, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

a recruitment story

there are 15 sororities at my school and theyre all very diverse from each other and they all have lovely houses. I was so excited to rush and I couldn't wait to start! recruitment is big at my school and as a freshman, i was sooo eager to start my college experience off right with recruitment!

Ice Waters
during the first round, ice waters we visited all 15 sororities
Orange- I really liked the first girl i talked to, we had so much in common and i found out I knew her best friend! But once she handed me off to her big, I wasnt sure anymore. When I would talk to her she would constantly look away and act distracted but I liked the first girl so much, I decided i liked them.
Blue- Super sweet girls, they were all so poised and gorgeous. The second girl I talked to was yet again, best friends with someone I knew from my high school and she knew alot of people that lived in my dorm. We had good conversation and I liked them.
Red- I thought that they were nice but the girls seemed so different from me. I felt awkward most of the time and they tag teamed everyone with so many girls i couldn't even remember who i talked to. it was two rushees to a rusher and it didn't seem like the best method but they have about half the amount of girls compared to the other sororities so it made sense they would have to double up.
Yellow- from the second they opened the doors I loved this sorority. All the girls were so beautiful and seemed so nice. I met 3 girls and they all seemed so interested in what I was saying and so genuine. I was sad to leave.
Silver- These girls were nice and pretty and the first few girls i talked to were so cool.
Gold- I was a litle freaked out because the girl rushing me kept touching my legs and being sort of strange but the girls were gorgeous and they all seemed nice.
Pink- I really liked this one! The girls I talked to were super cool and fun and not to mention they had a hugeee beautiful house. I liked every girl I talked to.
Brown- No one really stood out to me at this house. They were really nice though and the girl I had was great but I didn't feel a huge connection.
Black- I thought these girls were bad ass. They seemed so chill and yet polite and whatnot. I really liked them.
Green- All the girls here seemed perfect. Theyre house was beatiful. The girl who rushed me was so pretty and so upbeat but they were screaming and yelling during their rush video and it was super weird.
Purple- The girl I talked to was super awkward. She just kind of would smile and me and laugh even if i wasnt saying anything. We didn't have anything to talk about.
Aqua- The girl I talked to was super nice. I liked them they seemed like they had a good sisterhood but i didn't feel a connection.
Cream- I LOVED this one. It was my favorite house during ice waters. the girls seemed beautiful and classy. I really liked the girl I talked to she was so sweet and so pretty. They were silent during their video and that was the best after what they did at Green and alot of the other houses.
Olive- There were some awkward conversations but the girls were nice. Not much to say.
Teal- I thought they were awesome! the girl that rushed me was really cool and she seemed like she knew so much! I really wanted to go back to this one.

So after ice waters we put 11 houses in our love list and 4 houses in our like list.
I put orange, blue, yellow, silver, gold, pink, brown, black, green, cream andteal on my love list
I put red purple aqua and olive on my like list.

Next was philanthropy day. We also got house tours.

You could visit a max of 11 houses.
I got back orange, yellow, silver, pink, brown, black, and teal from my love it list and red purple aqua and olive from my like it.
I was upset that I got dropped by cream because they were my favorite and I thought I could see myself there but then again it was only one day and a little upset about blue but it was okay. I was really excited to get yellow black pink and teal back.

Orange- I liked their house during tours it was really cool they had a really nice study room. I liked the first girl i talked to but after that, the girl during philanthropy didn't seem very interested.
Yellow- I loved them once again. I was obsessed witht he first girl I talked to. She and I had so much in common and I wish we could have talked for longer. The girl that showed me the house/ philanthropy was a little on the quiet side but she was still super nice.
Silver- The girl that rushed me was cool but she forgot the info card with my name and pnm number on it and had to give it to her and then i saw she left it on the table and so I figured she didn't really care. During house tours she told me she hated today because she lives in the house so she hates showing the same thing over and over again.
Pink- I loved their house and the girl I talked to during the philanthropy was really cool and so was the house tour girl. I really liked them. They stood out to me.
Brown- Theyre house was pretty but again, no real connection to any of the girls.
Black- I liked them less this day. I didn't really love any of the girls i Talked to. I was kind of disappointed but I still liked them.
Teal- I was disappointed here too because the girl that rushed me was awkward during house tours and we didn't have as great of conversation but the day before i loved the girl i talked to so I still liked them.
Red- I didn't really want to go back here because I knew it wasn't the house for me. I had more awkward conversations and more weird ones as well.
Purple- The girl I had that day was better than the first but still they weren't a favorite of mine.
Aqua- I liked them but the second girl I talk to asked me a really weird awkward question but other than that I liked the other girls. Just no connection.
Cream- The girls were sweet but again, no connections made.

after philanthropy we put 7 on the love list and 4 on the like list

I put orange yellow silver pink black teal and brown on my love it and the same 4 on my like it, red purple aqua and cream.

Skit Day

we could visit a max of 7 houses. I was invited back to yellow, pink, red, purple, aqua, and cream. I got back 6. I was of course, really excited to get back yellow. the girls were so real and so cool. I really liked pink so I was happy about that but the 4 from my like list came back and I wasn't super excited about that but I was still happy i hade my favorite yellow and second favorite pink.

Yellow- theyre skit was SO amazing and they showcased their talent. The two girls i talked to were the coolest girls I met during recruitment. The first one reminded me of my cousin so much and she was so cool she told me it was refreshing to talk to me and that I definitely had the makings of their sorority. the second girl was so funny and cool. i loveddd them.
Pink- Their skit was great! I again, liked all the girls i talked to. a definite second favorite to yellow.
Red- More and ore awkward conversations and I was beginning to wonder how I kept ending up here.
Purple- Their skit was hilarious and the girl I had was so cool but she was the only girl I really liked out of the past 3 days.
aqua-The girl i talked to was so sweet and she complimented me so much about how the past girls i talked to loved me and she could see me fitting in but I felt bad because I really didnt feel a connection to the house.
cream- I didn't feel a connection but the girl was super nice. Their skit was pretty good.

After skits we put 3 on our love list and 4 on our like list.
I put yellow pink and aqua on my love list and purple cream and red on like.

pref day
I got back all the ones from my love list!
First i went to pink- their pref ceremont made cvdf me cry. the girl from ice waters preffed me. she told me about her indecisiveness during her pref day last year. She asked me how i was feeling and i said I was unsure because i liked 2 alot. everytime during rush i went to pink i loved them so much but then i would get to yellow and realize i loved yellow so much more.
yellow- I got picked up at the door by my favorite girl on philanthropy she asked me how iw as feeling and about where i wanted to go. I immediately told her how much i loved the sorority and every girl ive met and that i really wanted to be here. Next, the first girl i talked to on skit came up. she was so genuine and sincere when talking about her sorority. she asked me how i was feeling and i told her how much i loved it. Next, the second girl from skit came and she just confirmed even more how much i loved this one. She told me she really hoped to see me tomorrow on their lawn.
aqua- i got picked up at the door by a girl i didnt know. it was awkward and i elt awkward the entire ceremony just because i didn't feel a connection and i didn't feel like thats where i should be. I was secretly waiting the whole time to just go and rank the houses so pref could be over with and my nerves could go away.

without a doubt i ranked them yellow, pink, and then aqua. i LOVED yellow and i loved pink but i felt more for yellow and felt like i really belonged there.

bid day came.... and i was super nervous. I wanted yellow so bad and while i loved pink, i knew i would be disappointed if i didn't get yellow....

so we waited and waited and waited anddddd I got my shirt and bid from....

YELLOW!!! i was so excited and sooo relieved and was met on the lawn by the girl from the door!! it was the best day ever! all the stress and worries were worth it for a bid from yellow!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-25-2009, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you.

And I also really love the concept of the "love it" list and "like it" list. It's much more positive than "these are my favorites" and "these are the ones I want to drop". Just an opinion
Old 12-26-2009, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations to whomever Yellow was!

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 12-26-2009, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Just a guess...thinking maybe yellow was ChiO?

At any rate...Congrats!!

Let us strive for that which is honorable, beautiful and highest.
The content of this post represents the views of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of Kappa Delta Sorority.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations on Yellow!

It seems like you switched Cream and Olive in the middle of the story... you might want to fix that to avoid confusion
Old 12-27-2009, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleowl33 View Post
Congratulations on Yellow!

It seems like you switched Cream and Olive in the middle of the story... you might want to fix that to avoid confusion
i was wondering the same thing about cream and olive it confused me lol
Old 12-27-2009, 12:36 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNM_fashionista View Post
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you.

And I also really love the concept of the "love it" list and "like it" list. It's much more positive than "these are my favorites" and "these are the ones I want to drop". Just an opinion
Me, too. I imagine that there would be the rebels who would devise a "hate" list, but this definitely seems to be a positive trend.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:37 PM
GreekChat Member

chi o

yesss yellow is Chi Omega!!!
Old 01-30-2010, 06:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADPiTigergurl View Post
i was wondering the same thing about cream and olive it confused me lol

Add me to that list. Also, cream hurt my eyes so I wasn't a fan of cream. They didn't go on my love list because of that.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Congrats on a great recruitment! Your story was quick, concise and enjoyable!! Yea for Chi O!

Sidenote:
Quote:
They seemed so chill and yet polite and whatnot
Maybe it's because I watched Miss America last night, but this made me think of that Miss Teen America and her infamous answer to the judges question about education.