GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,453
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zamesyandext578
» Online Users: 2,416
0 members and 2,416 guests
No Members online

Old 09-01-2009, 09:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Enjoy the week and just have fun with the pnm's and your sisters!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-01-2009, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't wait to hear this story!
Old 09-02-2009, 07:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quick update for right now, because I have to get to the room. Last report I heard was 301 girls last night! It was crazy!! Thankfully they had more parties this year, so we didn't have to double rush girls.

Last night went super super well. Besides some issues with transitions, my group did FABULOUS. It really was a great way to kick off the week. I don't think anyone cried hahaha.

The girls I met, oh boy. They're really trying this year. Only 2 awkward girls. We have a bunch of legacys, with 5 being sisters of girls in our current chapter. I got to meet three of them lol. The 2 that I met I knew before (one is my little's sister).

Time for shower and getting ready for philanthropy night. I <3 st. jude!
Old 09-02-2009, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I like reading the stories about actives in chapters! Good luck jennyj87! I'm rooting for you all.

My school also does the "no letters during recruitment." I'm not really sure why, but it's been in effect since at least the time I went through, and probably longer. I think it's probably to promote everyone and prevent dirty rushing.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Our campus Panhellenic is pretty new, but we were allowed to wear letters during recruitment and before it. We had to wear Panhellenic shirts whenever we were handing out flyers, but that's different.

Good luck to you and your chapter!
Old 09-02-2009, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

This is exciting! I cannot wait to hear how it goes!

The "no letters" thing is a little harsh, I would be crushed...I feel like seeing letters helps PNMs get excited and interested, but I do support Greek unity! So maybe its a good thing?

Good luck!
Old 09-04-2009, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

WOOO so the first 2 rounds are over with. Wednesday night went really really well. Since philanthropy was 2 days, we didn't have to set up anything today so everyone got to sleep in and get homework done. the girls i met were all really great except for 2.

Tonight went okay. Round wise everyne did fine. THe girls i met however were not great. Only about 3 i could see being in my sorority. It was kinda a downer, that mixed with a lack of sleep, an the news my favorite football player is retiring, not my favorite day.

I have fake nails on so its very hard for me to type. more later gc's
Old 09-06-2009, 06:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay so I was wrong, you don't go to the school I thought you did . Well anywho, you should really push for your PanHel office to let you guys promote Greek life in general, by wearing a pin/shirt/etc.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Alright so more details.

The first night was Ice Water night and our theme was "DDD <3's FGCU". FGCU's colors are blue and green so we were all in blue and green dresses and our whole room was the schools colors. We got done really really early so most of us hung out in the room.

The girls I met were great. It was hard because the conversations were quick tonight but I could already tell the quality of girls going throught this year was insane. My rotation group was AMAZING and all worked really really hard. We ended the night very happily becasue of how smooth rotation and door pick up went well. We started setting up for philanthropy night, which was St. Jude, but got kicked out of the union at 12.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

The two philanthropy nights went really well. I met a couple of girls who I liked a lot. One girl was rolling her eyes when I was trying to talk about our philanthropy and that upset me a lot. One of the girls I met loved musicals and I absolutly adored her! We couldn't stop talking.

No matter how many times I watched our St. Jude video I creid every time. Thank goodness for water proof mascara.

After night one we didn't have to set up since the theme was the same so we kind of got a good night sleep.

Night 2 again went really really well. I connnected with one of the girls in my group becasue we found out her house was right by my cousins.

That night was the first night for cuts. I knew it was going to be tough because how easily all the conversaitons went. I was very anxious about who would be invited back, especially since I knew a bunch of the girls going through this year.

Sisterhood night again went extremely well. Our return rate was the BEST we've ever had and I about cried when I found out. I met a lot of great girls, my musical girl was back, and I met two other girls I really really liked. I met this one girl again who was great, but I could really see her in another sorority. It was EXTREMELY hot in the room, espeically since it was skit night, and I was in the dance, so I was pretty much out of breath when we started rotation.
The girl who was rolling her eyes the night before was back which kind of shocked me. Of course she was in my rotation again and I was nervous about speaking to her. She did try harder I will admit but I still wasn't feeling it.

We started setting up after the party for pref night which I knew would be beautiful. We got a lot done and went home around 2am. A bunch of people got back to the union at 7am but unfourtunatly my alarm didn't go off so I didn't get tehre till 9am. We got done around noon for set up so I had one of our members curl my hair. At 2 our MSC came in and gave us the names of the girls we were going to pref.
My first party was the girl I really liked but I knew she preferred one of the other sororities over us. i can't hold that against her though. We had a good conversation. I cried during our pref ceremony and senior speeches during every single party. I'm a cryer, it happens.
My 2nd party was a girl I had never met but we clicked right away. We couldn't stop talking! I'm very glad I got to pref her and she couldn't stop telling me how much she wanted to be a Tri Delta and how at home she felt. She loved my pref card which made me very happy.
My 3rd party was with a girl who I have known for a while because she's my roommates neighbor (her parents house). I was so happy she was back and we had another good party. It hit me in the middle of the party that this was my last pref (not of my college carreer but of the recruitment) and she was the last girl I would talk to until tomorrow afternoon.

The night ended good and we had a fireside and talked with everyone for about an hour. I feel way more connected to the chapter than I did last year and I do feel our chapter came together a lot more. I went home that night and finished painting gifts for our Rho Gammas and panhelelnic execuatives, and one of my sisters came over and we talked for a while.

The next mornign the PNM's were suppose to get their bids at noon then they would be released to us around 1230. I was in a meeting at 10am so around 12:05 I left the meeting and stopped in the bathroom. When I came out of the bathroom I see a bunch of girls running and was very confused. They weren't suppose to be realeased until 1230!!! I ran to my chapter but didn't get to see the girls running to us which made me very upset. Thankfully all the girls I met that I wanted to go Tri Delta actually went Tri Delta! Including a couple of girls I've known for a while. I am extremely pleased with this pledge class. Two of my prefs went tri delta, the girl who I didn't know and my last pref. I knew the other girl would go to the other sorority.

We welcomed back our panhellenic and rho gammas in the usual fashion. We had our bid day celebrations and did formal pledging that night, welcming 73 new baby deltas! I'm so happy with this pledge class.

Last edited by jennyj87; 09-08-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Our beautiful PC 09

Last edited by jennyj87; 09-07-2009 at 11:34 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm the shorter one. This is one of my favorite pictures through recruitment.

Our insanly large chapter now! for a school with only three sororities, its insane.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB0R_6ew6G4

video of us getting back our rho gammas and panhellenic. I'm the one with the french braids who almost falls over running lol

Last edited by jennyj87; 09-08-2009 at 12:43 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Look at your cute pictures! I'm glad things went so well for y'all.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Your pictures are adorable! And congratulations on your baby Deltas! I really want recruitment to start here, lol!