GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,555
0 members and 2,555 guests
No Members online

Old 10-26-2003, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

the mystery of sleep

the strangest things happen during sleep time. it is like you have no control over your body.

sometimes i will fall into a sleeping dream, but i will be awake. i can see the dream but i am not asleep yet.

or when i wake up in the middle of the night, i think of things that i would never think about during the day. a couple of times, i have woken up and thought about my family suddenly dying or disappearing into thin air. i ended up crying myself to sleep.

or i will have sexually explicit dreams about people i know. and then when i see them in real life, i think they know what happened. i get embarrased.

or i will have a dream that i told somebody something. i wake up thinking it really happened, so i go to that person and say 'remember when i said...' they have no idea what i am talking about.

or the dreams that piss you off for days. when i was 10, i had a really graphic dream of watching someone go to hell. i saw demons and the devil himself. i was terrified. even at school, i cried for days.

i have had dreams of throwing something only to find my pillow across the room when i wake up.

or i will dream about me getting hurt, and i wake up with bruises or sore muscles.

the whole state of sleep and dreams is like this mysterious world. it is fascinating, yet scary.

what strange things happen when you are sleeping?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-26-2003, 09:32 PM

Re: the mystery of sleep

Quote:
Originally posted by smiley21
when i was 10, i had a really graphic dream of watching someone go to hell. i saw demons and the devil himself. i was terrified. even at school, i cried for days.
My goodness, Smiley, that's HORRIBLE! I've had nightmares before but nothing comes even close to that
Old 10-26-2003, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I think some of the above goes beyond normal dreaming.
Old 10-26-2003, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Occasionally I'll have a female equivalent of a wet dream. I'll be having a sexually explicit dream and I'll wake up at the tail end of an orgasm. Pretty good deal if you ask me.
Old 10-26-2003, 09:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Lil' Hannah
Occasionally I'll have a female equivalent of a wet dream. I'll be having a sexually explicit dream and I'll wake up at the tail end of an orgasm. Pretty good deal if you ask me.
What the hell is that about? Do you sleep with a vibrator or something?

-Rudey
--Women aren't allowed to orgasm unless men are making it happen for them.
Old 10-26-2003, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Old 10-26-2003, 09:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Dionysus
Did you get turned on or something?

-Rudey
--That's cool.
Old 10-26-2003, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Now Rudey, we all know the brain is the most powerful sexual organ.

-LH
--I'm that good.
Old 10-26-2003, 09:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Now Rudey, we all know the brain is the most powerful sexual organ.

-LH
--I'm that good.
So you've got an encyclopedia or something in between your legs?

-Rudey
--I don't get it...can you explain?
Old 10-26-2003, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Ha. Well boys have wet dreams with no contact involved, right? It's the same sort of thing.
Old 10-26-2003, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to queequek
hijack back

One night I was about to fall sleep, when I heard someone laughing, so I woke up again and wondered who had laughed. The conclusion is I was laughing when I was about to fall asleep for an unknown reason

Another case. For about a week, I always woke up at 3:15 in the morning EVERY NIGHT. That scared the hell out of me, because I strongly believe that 3:15 is the time when all unseen creatures start to wonder around.

Anyway, I heard a theory about the REM cycle, basically you have four hours for a complete REM cycle, and this goes like, light sleep - deep sleep - light sleep - awake. That's why a recommended sleep is for eight hours, within two cycles. So if you have to do late night study and only have five hours to sleep, better kill an hour: instead of five, you should get four hours of sleep in order to fully awake the next day and do good on your exams.

Just my .02 cents

edited for REM instead of RAM
REM = Rapid Eye Movement
Thanks, decadence! Tee-hee

Last edited by queequek; 10-26-2003 at 11:59 PM.
Old 10-26-2003, 11:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Re 4 hr cycle thing

I'll havta try that.
Old 10-27-2003, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by queequek
For about a week, I always woke up at 3:15 in the morning EVERY NIGHT. That scared the hell out of me, because I strongly believe that 3:15 is the time when all unseen creatures start to wonder around.
That's deliciously spooky! Did you hear that somewhere or is it just something you've always believed?
Old 10-27-2003, 12:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Every once in a while I'll toss in my sleep--it's not a full out tossing and turning thing--just like 1 swift motion... if I'm sleeping next to a guy, I'll get a little embarassed. I know guys who do it randomly too.

When I was younger, I always had the same dream when I was sick... it was like this game--kinda like bowling, I had to knock over these pins using different sizes of balls... I haven't had that dream in a long time--I just had them when I was younger.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

ooh i forgot to mention that. i have the same kind of dreams. for some reason it made me feel so gross.

edited to add, if i am sleeping in the bed with someone, lets say my sister, mother, or even a friend, then i will most likely kick the hell out of them (subconsciously). if i am with my bf, then i lie still right next to him. it is like my body knows who i am with.

Last edited by smiley21; 10-27-2003 at 05:00 AM.