GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,440
2 members and 1,438 guests
Titchou

Old 04-13-2013, 12:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Depends on the tradition.

This a statewide event is probably "just a meal" that is shared with bunches and bunches of your sisters!

Georgia used to have statewide IRDs but the chapters got too big. I think that GTech and NGa are sharing IRD this year.

I know that UGA is probably having more-than-average-number of attendees b/c everyone wants to see the "new" house.

I would go if I wasn't going to my chapter!
Old 04-13-2013, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDLynn View Post
Depends on the tradition.

This a statewide event is probably "just a meal" that is shared with bunches and bunches of your sisters!

Georgia used to have statewide IRDs but the chapters got too big. I think that GTech and NGa are sharing IRD this year.

I know that UGA is probably having more-than-average-number of attendees b/c everyone wants to see the "new" house.

I would go if I wasn't going to my chapter!
That sounds very cool!! Now I'm excited for Europe IRD in May
Old 04-13-2013, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdInCanada11 View Post
That sounds very cool!! Now I'm excited for Europe IRD in May
That would be super cool!
Old 04-13-2013, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I wish Ohio could do it. Zeta Iota/Greater Dayton Alumnae's is today, Alpha Iota/Greater Cleveland and Greater Toledo are next Saturday, Omega and Zeta/Alpha Lambda are next Sunday.

Now that all of the schools in Ohio are on semesters, IRD runs right up to finals. The collegians are always headed in different directions and it's have to pull together even two chapters this time of year. I think the largest group we were able to get for an IRD was my junior year with Alpha Lambda/Zeta/Alpha Delta.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDLynn View Post
That would be super cool!
I'm quite excited! One of my best friends who is an Alpha Gam is living in Berlin right now, and my sisterdaughter will be visiting me, so it should be fantastic!! I'm also really looking forward to meeting more new Alpha Gams
Old 04-14-2013, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

It is a luncheon. There is always a vendor there with lots of Alpha Gam stuff to sell. There are 7 chapters within a 3 hour drive and it rotates around. The University of Michigan women came on buses this year. We did have some women come from Northern Michigan. They have family in the area so they drove down Friday and left after the luncheon. It is a really long drive for them (10-11 hours probably) but they love coming and meeting other Alpha Gams. They are so remote that they often feel isolated way up there.

They always recognize all the VST and current/past International/Grand Council members present. Then they recognize women who wear each of the honors of epsilon pi. They give out the Foundation scholarship awards for the graduating senior with the highest cumulative GPA for each chapter.

We do a full chapter roll, calling out each chapter, in installation order. When your chapter is called, you stand and everybody claps and cheers. Yesterday, 16 chapters were represented. 8 of the 9 chapters in Michigan plus 8 others (alumnae). Afterward, we do Senior Rededication. Registration started at 10 am and I was one of the last to leave at about 2:10 pm. Some years, they sit all the EC officers with the same titles together- so all the Presidents would sit together, etc. They didn't do that this year. Some chapters made a point to spread themselves out to meet other chapters, but some stuck to their own.

We had over 300 sisters there yesterday. The IVPC was our speaker and she noted this is the largest regular gathering of Alpha Gams outside of TLC and Convention. It used to be bigger, when our Michigan State chapter was open and at Total. It was sometimes close to 600.

Most of the schools finish in late April here. It can be hard scheduling it around Easter, finals and Greek Weeks.

Last edited by AGDee; 04-14-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Anyone else have IRD today? (I know some areas have already held it.) I'm excited! I always love putting on my AGD badge!
Old 04-20-2013, 08:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Gamma Tau - West Ga
Gamma Alpha - UGA (Of course, lol.)
Gamma Phi (GTech) and Theta Delta (NGa) - in Atl
Old 04-20-2013, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Iota/Greater Cleveland - Today
Greater Toledo - Today
Alpha Lambda/Zeta/Central Ohio - Tomorrow
Omega - Tomorrow
Old 04-23-2013, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

At church this past Sunday the phrase, "Once more we join our hands...." just popped into my head. I couldn't NOT think about it, and (silently) said the entire invocation all the way through. But it's been a very long time since I've been at a chapter meeting and I got stuck in the middle. I had to resort to writing it out (using the church bulletin). I am pleased to report that I got it right, all the way to "steadfastly fulfill in our lives."
Old 04-23-2013, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

If I hear the tune to Reverie again, I'm going to scream!
Old 04-24-2013, 12:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
If I hear the tune to Reverie again, I'm going to scream!
The tune for the AGD Hymn is Integer Vitae, or Flemming. (http://www.hymnary.org/tune/flemming_flemming)
I'm always startled when we sing one of the hymns to that tune in church.

The PBS series "Call the Midwife" has 50's-era songs as background music. This week they had Doris Day's "Everybody Loves a Lover," which you can relive here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FOTzC-0xg0
I immediately recalled the Alpha Gam words: "Everybody loves an A G; I'm an A G, everybody loves me......and I love everybody, since I pledged Alpha Gamma, pledged Alpha Gamma, pledged Alpha Gamma DELTA!"
Old 05-02-2013, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Sad way to AGDs to meet soon! My chapter sister posted about a house fire on her street a few minutes before I read another AGD's house had burned. Turns out it is the same house!