GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,317
0 members and 1,317 guests
No Members online

Old 05-23-2004, 12:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hottytoddy
My friend Chad lost his pants (why he took them off I don't know) and never found them.
That is very Southern.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-23-2004, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerStar Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerStar
Quote:
Originally posted by hottytoddy
There are sooo many cute quotes in those books. I like the one that says "We never get obnoxiously drunk. Even if we have enough bourbon in us to float a Mississippi Riverboat."

BTW 4RunnerStar--Did you end up at Ole Miss as planned? I haven't chatted with you in a while.
actually...yes...i got accepted but i also got accepted to lambuth and miss state (my whole family are bulldogs)...so um...they've given me an extension on deciding where to go...its so difficult lol
Old 05-23-2004, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

haha okay what else is very southern...or um..."redneck" is right before you die you yell...

"HEY YALL! WATCH THIS..." or

"somebody hold my beer while i do this..."
Old 05-23-2004, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 4RunnerStar
... miss state (my whole family are bulldogs)...so um...they've given me an extension on deciding where to go...its so difficult lol
Your whole family went to Miss State? My sincere condolences.

Hey, maybe you can be the first one in your family to graduate from a REAL University

(sorry, the Evil Side of me took control of my fingers!)
Old 05-24-2004, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to hottytoddy Send a message via AIM to hottytoddy Send a message via Yahoo to hottytoddy
Quote:
Originally posted by 4RunnerStar
actually...yes...i got accepted but i also got accepted to lambuth and miss state (my whole family are bulldogs)...so um...they've given me an extension on deciding where to go...its so difficult lol
Um, I don't understand. What's so difficult? Deciding whether to live in Martin or Brown? Go with Martin...it's connected to Stockard (the boys dorm). Everyone gets their first date in the laundry room.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh, I lived in Martin AND Brown... But, I much preferred Brown... It was quieter and closer to the house... Meetings and meals were so easy to get to... But, then again, the hook-ups do seem to occur in Martin. It's just so far away from where my classes were. It sucked in the rain.

And, I do miss Sardis Lake.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:50 AM
GreekChat Member

haha yeah i guess. actually only my brother went to miss state but that makes everybody in my family a bulldog. i think i stepped onto limb when i applied to ole miss lol. my brother was like...um..why'd you do that...

and a whole bunch of girls i am friends with graduated last year and joined sororities at miss state so theyre like..."YOU HAVE SO GOT TO COME HERE ITS INCREDIBLE"

they'd die if i asked for a rec for KD at ole miss lol
Old 05-24-2004, 01:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: atlanta....its hot here... cant breath... too humid... helppp
wait, i can think of a drawback... walking to class with a massive backpack in 100 degree weather and 98% humidity with the sun beating down on you... i always think to myself, now WHY did i even bother to take a shower this morning?!?! ha
Old 05-24-2004, 02:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to hottytoddy Send a message via AIM to hottytoddy Send a message via Yahoo to hottytoddy
Yeah it does get misearably hot sometimes...however that means it's also warm in like December and January sometimes. We can go to the lake in February.
Old 05-24-2004, 02:53 AM
GreekChat Member

OH YEAH...cant keep me off the lake...can we say...SEADOOS, HOUSEBOATS, FIREWORKS, AND BOYS...
Old 05-25-2004, 03:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bama_Alumna
Blue Violets: If you'll re-read my post (and the quote from me that you inserted into your post), you'll notice that I wrote ACADEMIC All-Americans. That particular honor is not sports related. We still have 12 National Championships in football, though... and everyone in the SEC knows that football is the sport that really matters!

I meant Academic too.

Yay for my #4 in America college
Old 05-25-2004, 09:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I meant Academic too.
I don't think I follow, because what you said is this:

Quote:
I don't mean to rain on your parade, so to speak , but I don't think this is correct. UA doesn't have a lot of the teams where other schools pick up many of their All-Americans (you know it's not ALL football and baseball .
The Academic All-American award is sponsored by USA Today and has nothing at all to do with athletics.
The program honors 60 undergraduates as representatives of all outstanding students at the nation's colleges and universities. There are 20 members of the First Team , 20 on the Second Team, and 20 on the Third Team. The criteria for this award is undergraduate students who excel not only in scholarship but also in leadership roles on and off campus. The element given the most weight by the judges is the nominee's outstanding original academic or intellectual product--like research, written work published, etc. Hope this makes more sense!
Old 05-25-2004, 09:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bama_Alumna
I don't think I follow, because what you said is this:

The Academic All-American award is sponsored by USA Today and has nothing at all to do with athletics.
The program honors 60 undergraduates as representatives of all outstanding students at the nation's colleges and universities. There are 20 members of the First Team , 20 on the Second Team, and 20 on the Third Team. The criteria for this award is undergraduate students who excel not only in scholarship but also in leadership roles on and off campus. The element given the most weight by the judges is the nominee's outstanding original academic or intellectual product--like research, written work published, etc. Hope this makes more sense!
You're right! We were talking about different things . The ACADEMIC-ALL AMERICANS I was referring to is a NCAA program to honor athletes who have a high gpa and are good scholars but also athletic prowess! (Can someone knowledgeable in sports back me up here and also double check that definition?)

I've heard the award you're talking about referred to simply as the "USA Today First Team" or so forth, so my bad Now if you want to talk academic awards, we should just get down to the Rhodes here . How many of those do y'all have? (I might accepts Marshalls as a back-up! .

No, the one thing I have to add about the SEC is that the boys (generally, except for when they're drunk!) have excellent manners and behave fantastically (like their mamas taught them to! lol). That's the one repeated compliment when people visit me in Mississippi (other than the how the sweet tea or hushpuppies are good).
Old 02-16-2021, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

This was an interesting thread!
Old 03-24-2021, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JonInKC
OP was from my alma mater. Don't know how I missed this.

Since the OP wrote this, Southwest Missouri State or SMSU changed its name to Missouri State. The only bigger university in the state is MU (aka Mizzou).

Also, ten years ago Mizzou joined the SEC.

p a w e a since 1899

Last edited by JonInKC; 03-25-2021 at 04:52 PM.