GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,508
1 members and 1,507 guests
naraht

Old 04-08-2005, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kafromTN
Do girls normally give compliments to the guy about his kissing skills, his finger dexterity skills, or his other skills?

I ask b/c I have had numerous girls give me compliments like right afterwards& then again later on; I thought that was odd, but hey, what do I know?

-Mark
I can't remember the last time I heard of one of my friends discussing finger skills of the guy they're involved with (LOL) but girls will definitely notice a good kisser and possibly compliment him. If the sex is good I would take a "wow, that was awesome" as a good sign...I can't imagine saying something like "you are so good at sex" or "your fingering skills are very good"...haha
Old 04-08-2005, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
So, here's my new stupid me story. My parents are up visiting me in NY and my mother wanted to go to Ellis Island. So, we got there (a bit too late and missed the ferry - I feel so bad because she was crushed) and I was jogging to the ticket place.

As I ran by this guy he was like "HEY!" so I looked back in his direction and realized he was talking to me. So, I stopped and was like, "yeah?" thinking I knew him and had forgotten him or something - but as I got closer I realized I'd never seen him before but he was quite cute.

When I was close enough for him to talk in a normal voice, he said, "Whatcha name is?" and I rolled my eyes, turned and kept going for the ticket place.

We were way too late and, no, it wasn't because I stopped momentarily. So, anyway, as I was walking back WITH MY PARENTS, and the same guy started "whispering" in a really loud voice, "Hey! HEY!" So, I looked his way briefly because, as I said, he was really cute and I was being a little flirty.

At that point, I took in the whole picture. He was sitting there with a baby in a stroller, talking on the phone and trying to holla at me. whatever.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 04-09-2005, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Can we just state that even if you are in college or recent graduated that instant messenger IS NOT the proper way to tell the girl that you have been leading on that you've want to go back to being friends!

BTW, I wasn't the one who pushed that line I realize that I am 650 miles away until August for grad school.

So why am I still pining away thinking he will wise up?
Old 04-09-2005, 12:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by OtterXO
I can't remember the last time I heard of one of my friends discussing finger skills of the guy they're involved with (LOL) but girls will definitely notice a good kisser and possibly compliment him. If the sex is good I would take a "wow, that was awesome" as a good sign...I can't imagine saying something like "you are so good at sex" or "your fingering skills are very good"...haha
I'm talking about right afterwards the girl says something like "oh my god, that was incredible" "that was amazing" "you really know what you're doing" "you're such a great kisser"...things of that nature.

-Mark
Old 04-09-2005, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
Quote:
I'm talking about right afterwards the girl says something like "oh my god, that was incredible" "that was amazing" "you really know what you're doing" "you're such a great kisser"...things of that nature.

-Mark

OTW & I will have to discuss this.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sugar and spice
It's official.

Also, I haven't drunk-dialed him in way too long but tonight might be the night.

And in other news, the only guys who want to hit on me are Jamaican and old.
I drunk dialed last night. But I hung up before voicemail. which makes me more like a stalker....but hey, its a slow process.

there will be no LITs. Tonight's adverture is bowling- or how to get hit on by 40 year old men with beer guts while having an asthma attack from the smoke.
the things i do for future freinds-in-laws birthdays.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by APhi Sailorgirl
Can we just state that even if you are in college or recent graduated that instant messenger IS NOT the proper way to tell the girl that you have been leading on that you've want to go back to being friends!
my best friend/siste got broken up with through email this summer. and while we just graduated, the guy was 26.
Old 04-09-2005, 07:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Quote:
Originally posted by DolphinChicaDDD
my best friend/siste got broken up with through email this summer. and while we just graduated, the guy was 26.
He sucks. You don't break up through email.

Today was a nice Spring day with my fiancé. He caught me daydreaming when I was looking at some beautiful townhouses on the East Side. It was funny. He said, "You can always dream." And I was.
Old 04-09-2005, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Speaking of lawyers, I do have to vouch for their lack of knowledge/ability. Summer '04 fling was a lawyer...was able to improve his kissing skills but thats as far as it got. He prided himself in his "abilities" which I will state were not as good as he thought. At one point he told me "but all the other girls I've been with never said anything." Sigh oh darling, just because we dont tell you doesnt mean we dont have the right to be dissatified.

In other news, last night I got drunk dialed twice by 2 guys I've been on dates with...now the odd thing was that their phone calls happened within minutes of each other, one at 11:45 pm and the other at 11:46 pm. Is it just me or is it too early to be drunk dialing a girl after one date?
Old 04-09-2005, 08:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
So my fiancé made a suggestion for where we should have our wedding. I am not too keen on the idea. He said that I discuss it with my mother so I just did. I could hear her face go like this over the telephone. She would prefer a place like the Plaza, which will be closed, or the Waldorf Astoria, but I don't have over $100,000 for a wedding. Anyway, my mother is always a dignified and polite lady. She said that I didn't sound like I would want a wedding there so maybe we should look at other places. She is right.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DolphinChicaDDD
I was dumped by email a couple of years ago. He said that he didn't know where he was going to be over the next little while and "didn't want a long term relationship."
Old 04-09-2005, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

-Mark
Dude that's good. Be pleased with yourself.
Old 04-10-2005, 01:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: In the deep south (and there's no place I'd rather be)
Quote:
Mark, you are so full of it!

I;'m still waitning on that visit to Georgia you promised me!!!!
Old 04-10-2005, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Yay for third dates

Yay for meeting his friends and yay for seeing his house. First time dating a guy who owns a house, and it's not totally bachelorpadish.

Yay for getting a little drunk off of 3 rum and cokes. In my defense, one of his friends was the bartender so it was more 3 glasses of rum with a splash of coke.

Yay for hanging out at my apartment until 3:30

Old 04-11-2005, 07:47 AM
GreekChat Member

You all are going to hate me for posting this but... I'd rather someone break up via email in some ways. You have some time to let it sink in and compose yourself before communicating with them. Or, you can just never communicate with them again. I had one idiot allow me to take him out to dinner for his birthday, give him a gift (which he kept!), and then tell me when we got home that he was going back to an ex-girlfriend. I would have rather he'd done it in email, BEFORE I spent all that money on him. Email prevents some drawn out, overemotional and unnecessary discussion about what went wrong. My first college boyfriend broke up with me repeatedly (before I had a backbone). Each time, he would sit me on his lap and tell me we needed to talk and then tell me that he wanted to see other people. WTF? Why sit me on your lap? So I can't kick you in the nads???? Email didn't exist back then, but that would've been a better way in that case too!

Post It.. now that's rude.

Dee