GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,443
2 members and 1,441 guests
*winter*, znathanhulzeo24

Old 06-13-2012, 06:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
So much for open, thoughtful dialogue lol
Riiiiiiggghhhttt lol

Last edited by UofHguy90; 06-13-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
So much for open, thoughtful dialogue lol
Just cut and paste the older threads. LOL.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Just cut and paste the older threads. LOL.
Me? Exert effort?

Hogwash!

Old 06-13-2012, 06:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Me? Exert effort?

Hogwash!
Washhog!
Old 06-13-2012, 06:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofHguy90 View Post
Wow after going through quite a few pages of that article, you start to realize there are still a lot of idiots out there in the world lol. Instead of resurrecting a few year old post I would like to start a new one and get the opinions of people today.

I'll start off by saying that I am a white guy,I was raised in predominately african american neighborhoods and went to predominately african american schools. So naturally the extent of my greek knowledge comes from being around members of D9 organizations. I personally don't see what the color of someone's skin has to do with their character or how they would help an organization, but even as someone who has attend one of the most diverse universities in the U.S., I have seen this problem. I have been told I can't pledge and org. because when I showed interest or asked about said org. I " wasn't dressed the right way" also because "I'm white". IMO i think it is foolish for people to say things like this,when they represent and organization thats states that they are NOT biased towards these things.

What are you all's opinions on this topic????
I feel you, and it's fucked up to reject an aspirant because of color, but that's just life in general. But how do you know it's about your skin color? How do you know it's not just you? I went to Ohio State, and we had a few white bruhs, and some white dudes who wanted to pledge, we didn't fuck with. That didn't mean they were rejected because of their race, though. I think it largely depends on the school, too. HBCUs are going to be different and are more likely than not going to have a different perspective on their selection. So if you attend a HBCU, that could be the problem.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iota Man View Post
I feel you, and it's fucked up to reject an aspirant because of color, but that's just life in general. But how do you know it's about your skin color? How do you know it's not just you? I went to Ohio State, and we had a few white bruhs, and some white dudes who wanted to pledge, we didn't fuck with. That didn't mean they were rejected because of their race, though. I think it largely depends on the school, too. HBCUs are going to be different and are more likely than not going to have a different perspective on their selection. So if you attend a HBCU, that could be the problem.
I know it was about race because that is literally what the guy said. "I'm white" "You didn't dress right". It was a debate event with a panel of various people and from various organizations and this guy was actually on the panel. He ended up pulling me aside after I was being introduced to some of the brothers in the undergrad. chapter and told me these things. As for the HBCU thing Texas Southern is right down the road literally,and their chapters actually give me the time of day and I have met some great people from there,but I don't believe I could pledge there.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
I know it was about race because that is literally what the guy said. "I'm white" "You didn't dress right". It was a debate event with a panel of various people and from various organizations and this guy was actually on the panel. He ended up pulling me aside after I was being introduced to some of the brothers in the undergrad. chapter and told me these things. As for the HBCU thing Texas Southern is right down the road literally,and their chapters actually give me the time of day and I have met some great people from there,but I don't believe I could pledge there.
Dude was foul as hell for that. He's only one person, though. We had a voting process at my chapter. There were dudes who didn't like me at first, but they got outvoted. Why don't you think you can pledge at Texas Southern?
Old 06-13-2012, 06:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Dude was foul as hell for that. He's only one person, though. We had a voting process at my chapter. There were dudes who didn't like me at first, but they got outvoted. Why don't you think you can pledge at Texas Southern?
Yeah he was foul for it,and I would've stuck around to be voted in or out but after that rush event, all the guys from the undergrad. started to ignore me,so I took a hint,lol. From my understanding it has nothing to do with the schools but with "beef" between chapters of the same fraternities. The easiest way for me to do that is I would have o transfer to TSU for a semester,pledge, the transfer back to U of H
Old 06-13-2012, 06:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Based on his username, it looks like he attends University of Houston. I believe they have separate chapters, not city-wide.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Based on his username, it looks like he attends University of Houston. I believe they have separate chapters, not city-wide.
Yes I did attend U of H and that is exactly how it is, even within the UH system each school has a separate chapter
Old 06-13-2012, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Yes I did attend U of H and that is exactly how it is, even within the UH system each school has a separate chapter

Oh, you mean "Cougar High" , says the Texas Aggie!
Old 06-13-2012, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmadiva View Post
Oh snap I feel like all of the Aggie jokes are about to start spewing from my mouth
Old 06-13-2012, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

How do you get a Texas A&M graduate off your front porch?
You pay for the pizza
Old 06-13-2012, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmadiva View Post

Old 06-13-2012, 09:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek_or_Geek? View Post
Can you suggest some material? (I'm being completely serious about this.)
Aspirants discuss membership to NPHC members whenever it will be discussed with them. The OP was not talking about an official membership process. Even still, there are first semester and second semester college students who are eligible for membership in NPHC GLOs as long as first year students are not prohibited based on college guidelines or the GLO's guidelines. There is a 2007 thread about that.

By the way, I meant to put "" at the end of "you have not read enough." Bazinga.