GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,143
2 members and 1,141 guests
LarryByday

Old 08-14-2002, 04:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
University of Georgia Recruitment

Anyone going through recruitment at UGA this Fall? I know they start today or tomorrow, and I want to hear the scoop
Old 08-14-2002, 07:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mmcline
Not going through.. But I have tons of friends already in sororities and so they all asked me about girls going through recruitement this year. All my brother's friends that were girls are going through, but they will probably go where the rest of the atlanta girls from my school go. There are one or two were almost all the girls from my school go, I can't think of the name right now.
Old 08-15-2002, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

UGA has a fabulous Greek system. I have a few friends that were in different chapters at UGA. I'd also love to hear from anyone going through that recruitment process, I'm sure they'd have tons of great stories.
Go UGA!
Old 08-17-2002, 03:05 AM
GreekChat Member

UGA Rush

I am anxiously awaiting the word about who got bids at UGA -- esp interested in one local girl I wrote a strong rec for -- really want her to be a Gamma Phi! OOOOH the waiting is killing me!
Old 08-19-2002, 12:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
*bump*

I know someone last year helped their chapter as an alum with recruitment, so someone's got to know something on UGA by now
Old 08-19-2002, 01:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I may be the person you're talking about, shadokat! I was in Athens all weekend, which is why I haven't responded to the thread until now.

Rush this year was AWESOME! I was so proud of the Delta Zeta girls. They worked sooooo hard! Bid Day is today, so I'm not mentioning anything about the Rush results until tomorrow.

The only thing I'll say is that we had a total of 1220 women who signed up for Rush this year, and that I personally saw MANY great women over the past few days. Every chapter on campus should be thrilled with the quality of the women that they are picking up today.

Congratulations to all of UGA's sororities, and especially to the Delta Zeta girls!!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2002, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

I am sooooooo happy! I learned this afternoon that the girl from my town who I wrote such a strong rec on has pledged Gamma Phi Beta and I am thrilled!

BTW, I heard that only 8 of the 18 houses made quota at UGA, one being Gamma Phi Beta, so the rest were doing snap bids this afternoon I gather....
Old 08-20-2002, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Do you know which houses made quota? (I'm just curious!)

Jess
Old 08-20-2002, 12:22 AM
GreekChat Member

No I don't know -- sorry-- but it just so happens that the person who told me about my special girl pledging Gamma Phi did mention PiPhis (because another girl from our town pledged PiPhi) and she said they (PiPhi) did not make quota... sorry
Old 08-20-2002, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

awww...oh well! At least we probably got some quality girls at the UGA chapter! Congrats on GPhiB making quota though!

Jess
Old 08-20-2002, 12:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Thx...the girl from our town who pledged PiPhi is wonderful and Gamma Phi should have given her a bid, IMHO! PiPhi is very lucky to have her
Old 08-20-2002, 12:58 AM
GreekChat Member

hey yall did anyone hear anything about adpi? i know of a legacy that was going through and her mom was a little worried... she said the number of legacies that go through and the way they all have to cut is crazy..... her daughter is amazing though and her mom is pretty up there with nationals soooo.... hopefully her daughter wanted adpi and they wanted her.... i really need to email her.... but if anyone knows anything about the chapter i'd love to hear! thanks

~*~
Old 08-20-2002, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GPhiBLtColonel
BTW, I heard that only 8 of the 18 houses made quota at UGA, one being Gamma Phi Beta, so the rest were doing snap bids this afternoon I gather....
Congrats Gamma Phi for achieving quota, and congrats to GPhiBColonel for your special girl choosing your sisterhood! Isn't that the best feeling, even for us alumnae?

I may be wrong, but I thought most UGA chapters made quota pretty consistently? Did something just go terribly wrong this year or a lot of PNMs drop out of recruitment there, or is 8/18 making quota normal for Georgia?

Christin
Old 08-20-2002, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

I am terribly afraid something went wrong because UGa had huge numbers going through and yet I kept hearing little shreds of information about local girls getting cut heavily, including by their legacy orgs. Maybe the rush release formula was wrong?

Anyway, I want to find out something soon!
Old 08-20-2002, 08:25 AM
GreekChat Member

I did hear that some sororities cut many legacies -- too many to consider, I guess (go figure) -- plus I hear that sophomores were cut just because they were sophmores...