GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,136
5 members and 2,131 guests
aantonygooglet9, Kevin, Pinkmagnolia921

Old 02-06-2013, 06:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation When are bid days usually?

Hey guys so I just finished rush week on Sunday and met many brothers as I could especially the rush chairs. It was great and Now my question is when exactly is bid day? Or typically how many days after the end of rush? Supposedly it was supposed to be today which is Wednesday but it didn't happen so can anyone tell me how much longer I should be on edge for haha? I really don't want to appear pushy and ask one of the brothers and hurt my chances
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-06-2013, 07:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins19 View Post
Hey guys so I just finished rush week on Sunday and met many brothers as I could especially the rush chairs. It was great and Now my question is when exactly is bid day? Or typically how many days after the end of rush? Supposedly it was supposed to be today which is Wednesday but it didn't happen so can anyone tell me how much longer I should be on edge for haha? I really don't want to appear pushy and ask one of the brothers and hurt my chances
There is absolutely no way for us to know this. We don't even know what school you go to. This is something you will have to ask Greek Life or a fraternity member on campus. You knew there was a pretty good chance that you might not get a bid due to grades... you need to be prepared for the chance that bids WERE extended today and you did not receive one.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
There is absolutely no way for us to know this. We don't even know what school you go to. This is something you will have to ask Greek Life or a fraternity member on campus. You knew there was a pretty good chance that you might not get a bid due to grades... you need to be prepared for the chance that bids WERE extended today and you did not receive one.
Yes I am prepared for the worst but wouldn't they also tell me if I didn't get one??
Old 02-06-2013, 07:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins19 View Post
Yes I am prepared for the worst but wouldn't they also tell me if I didn't get one??
I don't think it works that way for fraternities, but that is not my lane....
Old 02-06-2013, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
I don't think it works that way for fraternities, but that is not my lane....
Okay thanks for your input
Old 02-07-2013, 05:28 PM

Fraternity rush works different ways on different campuses. Check with your Greek Life office to see how bids are given out.

-Campuses with informal rush sometimes just have the bids delivered to the guys personally in their dorm rooms or apartments. The fraternity may call you and ask you to come to the house and pick up your bid.

-Campuses with informal or semi-formal rush sometimes have the bids at a designated spot with a designated pick up time. You go and get the bid and either go directly to the house or meet in an area with you new pledge class.

-Campuses with formal rush sometimes do the same as the example I gave you above.

It's a GC cliche: It all depends on your campus.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 02-10-2013, 08:14 PM
GreekChat Member

At my school we had rush Sunday-Friday, then Saturday morning a rep from IFC, the Fraternity president, and fraternity rush chair would go door to door giving out bids. You only heard from the people that gave you bids. We then had the whole day where no fraternity guy could speak to you, to make sure no one swayed you one way or another, then that night there was bid turn in where we lined-up by fraternity and signed "the book" that all men that pledged before us have signed.

We were a very small school (only about 1,200 students) with 7 NIC fraternities (kinda too many haha) and now 1 NHPC. So I'm sure other schools don't do as formal stuff, but I have no clue. Also the IFC just got rid of formal recruitment so I don't know how it'll be done now (also I transferred so I don't go there anymore).