GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,285
2 members and 2,283 guests
No Members online

Old 12-18-2001, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
Actually, some of the Sams do have metal feet -- the noel weave Sam from the fashion collection has metal feet.
The only one I know for SURE that does NOT have metal feet on them are the Nylon Sams.

I took a look at the noel weave sam and in the picture, it appears to have metal feet on them.

My Sam and messenger have the Made In USA tag- in the Sam zippered pocket and on the inside of the messenger. My messenger has two pockets- one on the inside and one on the back of it, which is closed by velcro.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-18-2001, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I also want a purse from the Coach Hamptons line.
Old 12-18-2001, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
A couple of years ago, there was a Coach Hamptons bag that was pink with a green lining. I was interested, but didn't have the caiche at the time to get it.

ST
Old 12-18-2001, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I love my messenger bag and think it would be great for High School

Another way to spot fake kates is lots of them have a gingham lining which Kate does not make.

There is a brand new Kate spade outlet 2.5 hours from my house. Come Spring I may make the mecca!!
Old 12-18-2001, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

thanks girls!

What awesome taste you have! APhigal- I am going out and getting the messenger bag Thursday! Thanks!
BTW- I have a new Burberry bucket bag, and I love it! It is good for the winter I think.
Happy holidays!
Old 12-18-2001, 06:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Alma by Louis

Ok, I've been a Kate and Prada fan for a long time now, but this weekend I bought my first Louis Vuitton. I am so in love with her! She holds so much more than I ever would have guessed and she is comfortable to carry and just wonderful.
Old 12-18-2001, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

LV is a classic. You might spend a bit more, but you will keep that purse for the rest of your life!
Old 12-18-2001, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I love my coach bag, it goes everywhere with me.
Old 12-18-2001, 09:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to Angels&Arrows
I love my Coaches!!!

When I was in college, everyone had D&B's, now everyone has KS. I have always been a Coach girl!!!

I have four, but my favorite is my black hampton's bag.
Old 12-18-2001, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I want the black companion, adjustable strap, 7 1/2 x 7 1/2 x3 (?) with the turn clasp. Not asking too much now am I? I love the bag but have an issue spending $168 on a purse. I may splurge for Christmas though.
Old 12-18-2001, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Lots of people make fun of my classic black nylon Kate Spade "Sam" (they think a knockoff is just as good) but let me tell you, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Sure, it wasn't cheap, but I've had it almost three years and it still looks great. I have spilled milk on it, dropped it in the snow, left it in my car on a hot humid summer day and it still has held up beautifully. No knockoff can compete with that. I also have the KS business-card keyring holder, and I would absolutely die without it. I'll never get paid enough to afford a Prada, and I think LV's are kinda ugly (I like VERY plain things) so I'll go on loving my KS...I always feel dressed up when I carry it (and I actually feel kind of funny carrying it if I'm slobbed out in sweats). If it ever dies I think I might replace it with the Claire.

My fiance told me that Santa might be bringing me the large KS messenger bag at Christmas, which is going to be perfect for me to take to work. I am so excited.

And did you know that Kate Spade is a Kappa Kappa Gamma?

Last edited by KappaStargirl; 12-18-2001 at 10:55 PM.
Old 12-18-2001, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

lol, I totally agree with you KappaStarGirl!! I've carried around my black KS Sam all year round and it's been though alot and yet it's still in good shape! This is what I paid for. Quality! I think my next one will be a cranberry [nylon] Sydney!

Hope you get that large messenger! It's so useful and great!

yep, I knew that Kate Spade was a KKG!
Old 12-18-2001, 11:36 PM

A quick survey of my closet finds the following:

2 Louis Vuitton
4 Fendi
1 Gucci
6 Coach
2 Dooney & Burke
4 Kate Spade
1 Prada
1 Hermes Kelly (Passed down from my Grandmother, NEVER gets used; probably would cost as much to replace as my car )

Now, here's the thing...they're all sitting there collecting dust because I carry a ratty old Jansport backpack I've had since college. Originally, I started using it as a transition from diaper bag back to handbag when my girls were being potty trained. I still use it because its ability to hold large amounts of stuff is amazing. I will go back to the grown-up handbags in a few years, I guess.

Ahhh, motherhood!
Old 12-19-2001, 01:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Coach! Any type, any color. I've been hooked since a little girl, it's all my mom every carried and all I ever will. Even my brief case is Coach.
Love it!
Old 12-19-2001, 01:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
lol Killarney Rose!

A survey of my closet finds--
1 much loved and used beat up coach bag
4 kate spades
3 pradas
1 fendi
many many no name or guess-type bags fav being a beaded "mini sam" style my best friend and pledge sis gave me for christmas recently and a cranberry guess bag that i LOVE!