GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,340
1 members and 1,339 guests
aidanshulzeo560
Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
Um, if you were regular, you'd know that 33 only mods in Events and ASA and doesn't really have any control over spam?
I don't think she's talking about spam...she's talking about wanting the recruitment stories forum focused on new stories only.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsohappy View Post
You would be shocked if you knew who I am. This is a profile I created to speak my mind without attributing it to my national group by which I am known. I am a REGULAR poster in GC and contribute handily. Some of these stories are fun. But, the forum page has got WAY too many stickies and it gets littered with threads that aren't current for the subject. Yes, I'm talking to you 33Girl, Miss Moderator. I haven't got anything up my ass. Just tired of you letting this forum become a cluttered mess. Not as good as it used to be!
Ew.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Kill the messenger. I have private messages from others who agree with me. If someone dissents, this place erupts with BS. That is why I have chosen to post privately.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

You haven't chosen privately. You've posted as a sock. Those are two different things.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I thought sock puppets weren't allowed on GC....
Old 08-23-2015, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I love the Private Message Army! There are a lot of old threads being bumped, I guess due to the spamnado attacks. There also aren't a lot of new recruitment stories this year. Spam+ bumps+ few new stories means things are slow.

Creating a sock to complain seems overly coy though.
Old 08-23-2015, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

LOL. A regular on GC but doesn't know the "I've had lots of people message me saying they feel the same way" claim is laughable.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 08-23-2015, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

We're in rush season...posting retro recruitment threads seems more appropriate now than doing it during, say, Christmas when most things are slow. CurlyGirl and justamom's threads, while over a decade old, still have great advice especially for young ladies rushing in competitive systems.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Dear OhSoCranky and Private Message Army,

Don't read the threads which annoy you, or HPRL is ready when you are.

Sincerely,
Me

PS. Thread title made me think of this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsY066wa08E
Old 08-23-2015, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Dear Crabby Pants,

Go help someone somewhere. Go do service work. I guarantee it will change your mood. You won't have time to be frustrated about your inability to live vicariously through strangers' lives.

And for the love of Mike, don't be such a keyboard chicken/bully. If you have something to say say it under your user name. Forget the "private message army" making you "right"; that is an unconvincing strategy.

If someone on GC bugs you, you can put them on your ignore list, it's really effective. You're not being held hostage here, you know?
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 08-23-2015, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Missing reading the usual bumper crop of great stories this year! Both from pnm's and parents. Also, while I do understand the reason for delaying telling your story, I don't think that the average 18 year old will be as motivated to write a detailed recruitment story many days after the fact.

also wondering why are there so many weird threads about Michael Kors and sunglasses??
Old 08-23-2015, 08:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
Dear Crabby Pants,

Go help someone somewhere. Go do service work. I guarantee it will change your mood. You won't have time to be frustrated about your inability to live vicariously through strangers' lives.

And for the love of Mike, don't be such a keyboard chicken/bully. If you have something to say say it under your user name. Forget the "private message army" making you "right"; that is an unconvincing strategy.

If someone on GC bugs you, you can put them on your ignore list, it's really effective. You're not being held hostage here, you know?
For the love of God, why does GC not have a LIKE BUTTON? LIKE, LIKE, LIKE, LIKE!!!

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

The lack of current, real-time stories is evidence that there is something wrong. If you could stop circling the wagons, you would see that I'm right. Too many stickies. Too much old stuff clogging up the forum. Too many grannies trying to tell girls what they should or shouldn't say. But, go ahead and tell each other your old and tired rush stories from the 80s. Whatever.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:26 PM

Stupid twat.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

See,we don't care what you think. Go to another board! We're obviously happy with our mixed age groups and stories. Did you think we would cringe when we read your words of "wisdom"?

People are sharing their recruitment stories in Greekchat Facebook groups and other places so they don't have to listen to malcontents like you complaining if they aren't entertaining enough. Then we come back here to talk about other subjects. And about jerks like you.

Bye bye!
Closed Thread