GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,297
0 members and 2,297 guests
No Members online

Old 02-21-2012, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator

Oh, I can guess! The question is why has she stayed because she seems so much saner than the others.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-21-2012, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Not a Dance Mom follower as I have run into way too many dance, sports and my-kid-is-taking-5-AP's-this-year moms in real life, :0 but Abby, some of the moms, and girls were on The View this morning. The girls also performed. It kind of seemed like the moms whined, Abby smacked them upside the heads, and the girls said that they don't want to leave the studio as they are a tight knit bunch of girls who are all best friends.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Oh, I can guess! The question is why has she stayed because she seems so much saner than the others.
Well that's what I was thinking but it looked like Abby could've been agreeing with her on whatever was "wrong". I hope she doesn't leave. I really like Holly and Nia.

KLTC
Old 02-22-2012, 09:29 AM
GreekChat Member

I like Holly as well and I agree she seems like the only mom who approximates sane, but I am a little confused by her. She's a school principal, and she seems like a pretty sweet, gentle soul. I can't imagine she'd put up with a teacher speaking to students the way Abby speaks to her girls, so I can't figure why she keeps Nia there. I guess I would think that as an educator, she of all people, would see the negative impact all of this (coach, parents) could have on a kid. She's been concerned about the appropriateness of several dance numbers for a child and for Nia in particular, but she still keeps her there. Just don't get that part.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not surprised Jill studio hopped to the Candy Apples but I do think it was crappy of Abby to punish Kendall for Jill's idiocy. Yay for Nia being on top of the pyramid. Kendall danced very well so she deserved the win. I felt bad for Holly & Nia though.

I don't get why Abby said Cathy is a horrible choreographer. The funeral dance & the mermaid dance from a few weeks ago sucked but the Spanish number & the solo one other girl did were awesome. Abby thinks too highly of herself but at the same time, Cathy needs to stop feeding the unnecessary drama.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
I'm not surprised Jill studio hopped to the Candy Apples but I do think it was crappy of Abby to punish Kendall for Jill's idiocy. Yay for Nia being on top of the pyramid. Kendall danced very well so she deserved the win. I felt bad for Holly & Nia though.

I don't get why Abby said Cathy is a horrible choreographer. The funeral dance & the mermaid dance from a few weeks ago sucked but the Spanish number & the solo one other girl did were awesome. Abby thinks too highly of herself but at the same time, Cathy needs to stop feeding the unnecessary drama.
Last night was pretty good. I think the girls are all really sweet. Too bad their mothers are the ones to make so much drama. You saw how sweet Nia and Kendall were to eachother before going on stage. I have to admit that Holly is my favorite mother and I think Nia is adorable but, I didn't get why she was so angry at Candy Apple. I mean, they went to a COMPETITION! You knew Jill was gonna' go somewhere else where her daugther would be able to compete. I get it that Nia was finally on top but, how can you get mad at another dance studio for putting one of their dancers up against your daughter (even if they were on the same team)? The entire episode, it seemed as though NOBODY had any faith in poor Nia. Even her mom said, "When I found out she was going up against Kendall, my heart sank." Why? They are both talented. Just didn't get it!
Old 03-01-2012, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I admit I watch the show but something the screaming and yelling just really gets to me. I don't do well when people are yelling at each other and creating such a tense environment. I just can't believe that the animosity is so strong among the mothers that it leaks out of the television.

And I really can't stand Cathy. She treats Vivi Anne as a prop, and the child just doesn't even want to dance. And why do they slap that bright red lipstick on her?? All the girls seem overly made up, and I think it's because they are interviewed on the days they are competing, but poor VA looks ridiculous.

Edited to add that I hate that Abby, Cathy and several of the moms complain to the children about each other. Leave the kids out of your drama, at least out of earshot. Divorcing parents are told not to badmouth each other to the children, and it's something that the adults on this show need to learn, too.

Old 03-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

I went to the show's website and some woman was vehemently claiming that none of the shows are edited or staged. Some other poster said, "Duh! If they aren't, then how come they showed Cathy answering the phone, getting the call about Kendall?"

Two points!
Old 03-04-2012, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I actually like Abby as a character. She's definitely over-the-top and can be obnoxious but she's incredibly entertaining to watch. I think she hams it up a lot for the cameras because she *loves* being on camera.

I've been watching since Season 1 and I honestly don't think these girls are being abused. They're not scared of her, they actually handle it pretty well and mostly shrug off her eccentricities or laugh at it. And they're very talented, hard-working girls. Their group is very close knit and you constantly see them running to hug each other, support each other and even wipe make-up off each other's faces. They're like a mini sorority! ha

My favorite mom is Holly. She's hilarious and responds so well to Abby's BS.

I do hate when Abby yells a them for crying or acts insufferable for no reason, but at the same time, she shows the girls a good deal of love and support. Most of it we don't see to boost the drama.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I am so addicted to this show!

Actually really liked this week where they showed a scene of Abby gossipping with Maddie, Chloe, and Mackenzie about Melissa's engagement. She seemed almost human. I also wasn't sure if she was suffering laryngitis, or we were getting to see a more realistic version of her teaching during Nia's solo lesson. She seemed to be instructing, rather than barking orders.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpiucf View Post
I am so addicted to this show!

Actually really liked this week where they showed a scene of Abby gossipping with Maddie, Chloe, and Mackenzie about Melissa's engagement. She seemed almost human. I also wasn't sure if she was suffering laryngitis, or we were getting to see a more realistic version of her teaching during Nia's solo lesson. She seemed to be instructing, rather than barking orders.
That was a funny scene! She was trying to trick them into spilling their guts but the girls didn't fall for it!

And I, too, wonder about Abby's voice. Sometimes she sounds like she's lost her voice or experiencing asthma.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:53 AM
GreekChat Member

I like Holly. I like Dance Moms...anyone who has been a "soccer/football/tennis etc.Mom"knows these people.

Oh...and coming up: Dance Moms: Miami (for those who need more)
Old 03-08-2012, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to TPARose
I finally got around to watching episode 8 (the wedding episode), and I have to say, I feel like the drama was VERY engineered. It really did seem like Nia was placed on the top of the pyramid this week so that she would be going head to head with Kendall. How did Kendall know who was at the top of the pyramid anyways? She was yanked out of the room before she could find out!

It also seems that Holly was aware of this, by alluding that she thought that Abby was also to blame in "how this went down".

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the episode, it just seemed more "fake" than the other ones.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Ugh this is why I hate watching shows religiously. Can't wait to see what happens next week that involves an ambulance and a pissed off Melissa! I love seeing Melissa pissed off! And the whole talking about weddings and divorces? I'm so curious!

KLTC
Old 03-14-2012, 01:53 AM
GreekChat Member

I've watched a few episodes of this now and I'm curious - when did tumbling become such a big part of dance?