GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Fundraising
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,290
0 members and 2,290 guests
No Members online

Old 01-30-2007, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

New Fundraising Chair: I Need Help!

Hey everyone!

I'm a freshman and was just appointed my first official Chi Omega chair! I'm fundraising chair (which is a new position) and I'm trying to take it to new heights and set standards for the next girl who has my position. Point being: I want to raise a lot of money!! The sororities in Tennessee were not allowed to have sorority houses up until NOW! So I need some great and fun ideas to raise money for it. We also put on a pageant called Mr. MTSU to support our philanthropy: MakeAWish. We would definitely need money to make it a great pageant this year! So if anyone could provide ideas for both projects that would be so amazing!

Megan
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-12-2007, 04:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to EIUSigma
we made a lot of money off something we call Binga. its really just bingo, and we get stuff dontaed to us to give away as prizes. we all make some goodies to bring like cupcakes and such for people to buy. we make tickets 10 dollars and you get i think 20 games of bingo out of it. we sell dabbers for a dollar.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Look to your alumnae!!! Start organizing your alumnae base and get them invovled.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaPresLA Send a message via Yahoo to AlphaPresLA
A garage sale usually works well when trying to raise funds.

Advertising is the key to success.

Good luck!

Old 05-17-2007, 04:39 PM
GreekChat Member

A company I used

Last quarter we used a company that was pretty decent:
www.fasttrackfundraising.com
Old 07-24-2007, 12:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ThetaPrez
Fundraising

Hey,
I'm not sure when you posted, but I was going to offer some suggestions. I am the president of my sorority but I was fundraising at one point as well. Some things we did were:

-worked at a Haunted House. We were the actors that scared people! It was really fun and we made around $500 for the night! So maybe look into that?

-we've done compatibility tests as well. You know in high school when you answer a bunch of questions, send them in and then buy your answers for a $1? Well we did that, and had a decent turn out. Everyone's curious who they'd be compatible with!

-i'm not sure if you guys have MOE's Southwestern Girll, but if you do, they do fundraisers. you can work there for a night and make a % of the profit for that night....

-we like to do "weinies for the wasted". We stand on a busy corner with a grill and sell hotdogs for a $1 to people walking to and from parties and the bars. In a good night we can make $200.

-we've been planning a "car smashing" and received approval from the school, however we ran out of time. We want to get an old car, and some sledge hammers during finals time and charge people $5 for 5 minutes of smashing the car. Obviously there's a great deal of liability connected to this, so you'd have to check with your risk management, but it'd be fun! And a great stress reliever before finals!

-there is always car washs, rummage sales, etc.

Good luck!

Old 08-09-2007, 04:25 PM
GreekChat Member

My sorority does a few things to raise money for both or philanthropy and our own chapter. For our philanthropy, we do Buy-A-WOO and Turtle Tug. For Buy-A-Woo, we auction off sisters to the highest bidder to cook, do laundry etc. for one hour. I go to a relatively small school and we raised around 800 dollars in about 2 hours. Turtle Tug is a campus wide event we hold each year in our mud volleyball pits, except we fill them with green jello. It's your standard tug-o-war contest with teams signing up with an entry fee.

Our biggest fundraiser for our chapter is working at Cedar Point, which you have probably heard of. If not, its a large amusement park in northern ohio. Anyways, we raise about 2000-4000 dollars each time we do it. This idea would work for almost any chapter who lives within a few hours of an amusement park of some sort. Towards the end of the summer, and into the fall, the amusement parks loses all of their summer help because they go back to school, so they hire area groups to work a weekend or two. In our case, each sister is paid minimum wage for the hours they work, but it is all pooled together and given straight to our chapter.

hope this helps
Old 09-02-2007, 01:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xoheatherxo
congrats on your new position!! a restaurant i used to work at used to hold fundraisers all the time. the group would advertise that they were having a fundraiser and the customers would bring in a piece of paper that was distributed by the group. this paper said that the restaurant would donate x% of the check total back to the group. there were also extra papers there in case people walking in that didnt know what was going on wanted to help out too. it was a great way for the restaurant to get more business and made the group a lot of money! the customers could also make a donation themselves in addition if they wanted. if this sounds confusing pm me and ill try to explain better!

and congrats on the house!! what school are you at? and since this thread started awhile ago, did you get the house yet? if so go to the chi o thread and post a pic--im sure wed all love to see a new house pic!!
Old 09-08-2007, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

buginarug.com online no cost fundraiser

Hi,

I've heard that others have had good luck raising funds through www.buginarug.com. The site allows you to list your group and then every time someone comes to the site to shop (they have tons of shops that people shop at anyway), they just select your group, shop and then a donation is made to your group. It's an easy way to raise money, since everyone shops anyway and it costs nothing extra.

Just my two cents.

Good luck and have fun in your new role!!
Old 12-03-2007, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to zblovesfay
[quote=ThetaPrez;1490327]
-i'm not sure if you guys have MOE's Southwestern Girll, but if you do, they do fundraisers. you can work there for a night and make a % of the profit for that night....

do you know where you got the information for this fundraiser? i'm a new chair too and im looking for interesting new ideas
Old 12-21-2007, 02:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Dance Marathons are becoming popular!

Also you can do a beauty pageant but with male contestants from fraternities
Old 12-23-2007, 04:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Start an alumni news letter and work in articles about needing money for a house.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb SMART IDEA

Congrats on your new position. HOW EXCITING!

Being in sorority means knowing a lot of girls who love make up! I was once a social chair for my sorority and I know the importance of successful fundraising! I am a wholesale buyer for a make up company called Arbonne International. You can sell the make up at Retail Value and make a profit of 35%. The company has things such as mineral powder (which is in right now), fabulous concealer, and just overall great products. All you have do is order catalogues for your sisters and then have them each sell some of the make up to their friends.

I did a similar fundraiser for an organization that I was a part of & It was a QUICK success!

If you are interested please let me know and I can get this going for you!

to check out Arbonne go to:

http://arbonne.com/products/about_face/

you can email me at:
discoverarbonnetx@gmail.com
Old 02-08-2008, 11:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to breigk Send a message via Yahoo to breigk
insta candle

hi i have a insta candle that i have alot of success with. it is a candle kit that makes 2 candles. it is done in the microwave so it can be done in the dorm. everyone likes candles so message me or call 660-382-4766 my name is kelly i can send you a sample but it works great. the split is 50-50 they sell for 12 to 15 dollars let me know
Old 02-08-2008, 12:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
^^^yeah, but candles aren't allowed in the dorms, are they? Brilliant.