GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,422
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, indisigma00
» Online Users: 2,842
3 members and 2,839 guests
indisigma00

Old 10-28-2008, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Alumni Event Advice.

We're having an alumni cookout, there will be a display table set up with pictures and displays of upcoming projects.

How do I ask for donations?

A box?

A sign up sheet?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-28-2008, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Do you have a listserv? Why not ask for donations in advance?

Old 10-28-2008, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

What about asking for a donation at the door? The chapter I advise was looking at doing a pancake breakfast costing the chapter about $3.50 per person. The chapter considered asking for a $5.00 per person (non-required) donation with the proceeds ($1.50 per plate) to benefit our philanthropy. It cost the chapter nothing and was a decent fundraiser.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Old thread, but pertinent to current events in my chapter,

My chapter wines and dines the alumni, then ask for them to cover the bill.

In fairness, they invite the alumni to paintball (cost about 25 bucks to the chapter, per person) and to a BYOB (bring your own beef) BBQ. Then, during the BBQ, they're taken inside, given a technical slide show, and asked for sixty dollars.

This money is the absolute base contribution that most alumni make to the organization. It was dreamed up by somebody else (active on this forum, so I won't take credit), but it's basically paying in advance for participation in regular events and an alumni roast in the spring. Paintball, dinners, etc all cost extra (paid out of pocket by alumni) but the alumni provide a small portion of the budget to support the chapter. As most of our alumni are recent graduates, the figure is small, a portion of what regular members pay, but then again, alumni are less likely to show up for Rush events and regular meetings as many live out of town.

We're not shy about asking alumns. We involve them in the fraternity and they understand that things cost money.

Thomas
Old 10-22-2009, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Consider a conversation with your alumni as to the progress of the chapter. Most of your alumni are involved now in business and home life. So they should be familiar with long and short term goals. tell them what the chapter is doing at present and what money is needed for both short/long term. do this mid-point in any "fun' activity. Request input from the alumni ie involve them. Get the chapter adviser involved in this and your alumni chapter rep. Also, get your alumni board involved. Worked for our chapter in doing a complete renovation of hour house