GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,069
1 members and 1,068 guests
LaneSig

Old 07-11-2007, 08:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Wedding shoes

Ever since I stumbled across this site, I decided I had to have some of these kind of shoes for my wedding. For one, my fiance is an inch shorter than me, and for two, I couldnt find any cute sandals with low/no heels. Besides, I'm one of those people who likes lots of tradition, but likes to do alot of stuff different too.

The thing i didn't like about the shoes posted on the link above was the fact that it didnt cover the back of my heel. So...I searched. And i found this site. Some of the shoes were WAY too...embellished for my taste, so I asked for something simple. Here is the final product:

I just wanted to post this info in case any of you were looking for something "different" for your big day.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:08 AM
GC Member

Send a message via AIM to OneTimeSBX Send a message via Yahoo to OneTimeSBX
how cute!

i am the exact same height as my fiance (we are both a whopping 5ft5) and i am stuck with the same decision: tower over him in a pair of super gorgeous 3 inch heels, or do a flat. i am still stuck on what to do, hell i already bought the heels and have NO INTENTION of returning them, so much that i tore up the receipt lol...this may be a great alternative since nobody will see them anyway.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:17 AM
GreekChat Member

WOW.

Are you doing an 80's themed wedding?
Old 07-11-2007, 09:20 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm sorry...I'm really trying to wrap my mind around this...

You paid $50 for a pair of Keds with ribbon for laces and some sequins glued on?

$11.99 and a trip to Walmart would have gotten you the same result...
Old 07-11-2007, 09:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Um, do you two not have anything better to do with your time than to be snarky little internet brats?

For the record, NO, I'm not having an 80s wedding. The color matches my bridesmaids dresses, thanks. And TWO, if I had tried to do them myself, from lame@$$ walmart, where I refuse to shop because it's TRASH, they would have looked like trash. So yes, I paid $50 for a pair of shoes because I could and I felt like it.

Seriously. Grow up. If you dont have anything nice to say, why say it? I posted links in case someone else might be interested the same way I was, and you little monsters decided to be cruel. *claps* good for you. You have mastered the art of being an internet bully. Makes me wonder what kind of freak you are IRL.

Last edited by amanda6035; 07-11-2007 at 09:43 AM. Reason: typos
Old 07-11-2007, 09:45 AM
GreekChat Member

I thought they had very valid questions. Anyway, why do you post on the internet if you expect everyone to be all *sunshine & rainbows*? If you don't want to read what other people post then its best not to post here in the first place. Otherwise, move on & get used to it. It is just the internet after all. What we say has no real bearing on your wedding or your marriage or your life, so take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited by _Lisa_; 07-11-2007 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Here's your ball, you can take it and go home if you like.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:14 AM
GreekChat Member

One of my friends had a beach wedding. She wore some woven wedges for the ceremony and then changed into flip flops for the reception-- I thought this was such a good idea. I think wearing heels near the sand would have guaranteed a broken ankle! Something to think about if you go to an outdoor wedding-- heels tend to sink into sand and dirt-- not comfy at all!
Old 07-12-2007, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpiucf View Post
One of my friends had a beach wedding. She wore some woven wedges for the ceremony and then changed into flip flops for the reception-- I thought this was such a good idea. I think wearing heels near the sand would have guaranteed a broken ankle! Something to think about if you go to an outdoor wedding-- heels tend to sink into sand and dirt-- not comfy at all!
I was an attendant at a beach wedding and the entire bridal party (and most of the guests) were barefoot. In fact our girfts from the bride and groom included these really cool beaded foot jewlery things- kind of like an anklet that then had a piece that extended down the top of your foot to your second toe- which had a ring on it to hold it all in place. We even had pictures taken of all of the female attendant's jeweled bare feet. We switched into shoes at the reception.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

My older sister got really beautiful white ballet flats. They were AMAZING! Super cute, very comfortable for her and looked nice underneath the dress. She also did not have to change at the reception!

They were actual wedding shoes, not Target shoes - I think she got them from David's Bridal?
Old 07-27-2008, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WinniBug

I wore these^
My bridesmaids wore their own choice of silver shoes

I bought everyone flip flops for the reception, white for me and silver for my bridesmaids.
wherever there is fun, there's ALWAYS ALPHA SIGMA!

Old 07-31-2008, 12:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
I love these from Jimmy Choo
http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/produ...BGX9898_mn.jpg
Old 07-31-2008, 01:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTABullwinkle
Am I the only person who can't wear heels over 2 inches? I had the hardest time finding something for my wedding that wasn't flat, casual or stiletto heels. I am waiting for shoes to arrive tomorrow from Endless.com that I hope will work. I literally have been to more than 15 stores looking for shoes.

"Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon our hearts. Until against our will comes the wisdom of God."
Old 07-31-2008, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I was married almost two years ago - but I wore these Steve Madden heels all day - in silver. Although I did bring a pair of flip flops just in case I needed to get out of them!

Old 08-07-2008, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTABullwinkle
So, I finally found shoes while in Georgia. My mom "dragged" me into David's Bridal, where they were. Here they are:

They are taller that I would normally wear, but I did okay walking in them. I obviously plan on losing them for the reception.

"Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon our hearts. Until against our will comes the wisdom of God."