GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 1,955
1 members and 1,954 guests
No Members online

Old 08-12-2011, 07:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I like the site, I really do. (Of course anything is a vast improvement over the old one, with "fraternity news" that was six months old.) I was able to reset my password, but I can't tell that there's much on the "hidden" side that needs protecting.

"Find Alpha Gams near you" suggested "Lambda, Evanston, Illinois." Clicking that took me to a blank page. Of course it did -- Lambda was resolved years ago and there is no alumnae chapter. The program probably goes by zip code, but I think it could be set to refer to Beta Epsilon or Beta Upsilon!

BUT I am REALLY, REALLY, REALLY irritated/upset that the new logo -- very pretty though it is -- is ONLY A RED ROSE. There is an explanation about why the logo does not use the buff rose. I, for one, don't buy it. There is room for two roses. We are not AOII. We are not "scarlet and green" AXO. BRING BACK THE BUFF ROSE!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-12-2011, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Where is the explanation about why there's no buff rose?

ETA: I'm disconcerted by its absence too.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDAlum View Post
I like the site, I really do. (Of course anything is a vast improvement over the old one, with "fraternity news" that was six months old.) I was able to reset my password, but I can't tell that there's much on the "hidden" side that needs protecting.
I hope that they will continue to expand the Private side more. I like that there are resources (handbooks, forms, etc.) available for members for their convenience and I wonder if lugging around thick binders to meetings will one day become a thing of the past. With so much social media surrounding us today I also hope they can somehow integrate more interaction between sisters -- forum, message board, chat room? Maybe.

I haven't been an advisor for years...is online reporting available yet?

On the old site, the alum chapters were linked to either actual homepages or Facebook fan pages. This new site links alum chapters to homepages only. Hopefully they'll be able to change that soon.

Quote:
BUT I am REALLY, REALLY, REALLY irritated/upset that the new logo -- very pretty though it is -- is ONLY A RED ROSE. There is an explanation about why the logo does not use the buff rose. I, for one, don't buy it. There is room for two roses. We are not AOII. We are not "scarlet and green" AXO. BRING BACK THE BUFF ROSE!!
Agree with all of this. On FB, Stephannie gives a good response to everyone's concerns about the lack of the buff rose, but I'm just not sold on it. Maybe one day.

Aesthetically, I'm a fan and I love it. But as I spend more time on it, I'm finding it a little difficult to navigate. And as much as I love my collegians everything in 'Alpha Gams Near You' seems to link to the collegiate website, not so much to my alumnae chapter -- which worries me a little, most especially for alums new to my area.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes. I think that OmegaFi is also doing all of the collegiate chapters. Give everyone a uniform look.. I don't know if all are completed by now. I know that Gamma Tau (West Ga) has OF.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always AlphaGam View Post
I haven't been an advisor for years...is online reporting available yet?.
I recently asked a collegiate officer (can't remember if it was GTech or WGa) but the answer was "no". There were problems that couldn't be worked out. I am thinking maybe GTech because they were a pilot chapter along with others (if I remember correctly).
Old 08-12-2011, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Crashing to say that I'm a Sigma Kappa, but I love peeping other sorority sites, and the first thing I thought when I clicked on your new site was, "Oh, they got rid of the two rose logo - I liked the old one better."

Old 08-12-2011, 10:46 PM
GreekChat Member

It's a cleaner look. From a graphic perspective, I understand the one rose logo. It had to be explained to me, but as I look through everything, and how the graphics flow through our materials, the cleaner look is what is important.

I was one of the first to see the brand outside of staff because the new education materials utilize the brand. The materials themselves include all the Alpha Gam colors - and those are the same. Our fraternity flowers are still red and buff roses... But the brand - the visual identity - is focused on Live With Purpose - not the flowers.

Eta: the buff rose is still there - it's just in the background. Look at it when you "like" a page on facebook - when it shows up on your page, you can see the buff rose in the background.

Last edited by DoctorD; 08-13-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Always AlphaGam View Post
Aesthetically, I'm a fan and I love it. But as I spend more time on it, I'm finding it a little difficult to navigate.
Co-sign.

ETA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorD View Post
It's a cleaner look. From a graphic perspective, I understand the one rose logo. It had to be explained to me, but as I look through everything, and how the graphics flow through our materials, the cleaner look is what is important.
I watched the video linked to the FB page explaining the branding and single red rose. It didn't really explain it like I hoped, but I think I figured it out.

Last edited by AlwaysSAI; 08-13-2011 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

So, apparently as a member of the vst, they already set me up on the myAlphaGam site, which is why I couldn't do it myself. They think they have login issues resolved.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDAlum View Post
"Find Alpha Gams near you" suggested "Lambda, Evanston, Illinois." Clicking that took me to a blank page. Of course it did -- Lambda was resolved years ago and there is no alumnae chapter. The program probably goes by zip code, but I think it could be set to refer to Beta Epsilon or Beta Upsilon!
HEY, how have I never noticed that you live near me? Well, within an hour.

Are you in an Alumnae chapter?
Old 08-14-2011, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
They think they have login issues resolved.
I registered with MyAlphaGam. After I created my account, I was allowed into the members only side. Now, I am trying to log back in and I keep getting the message that my log in info is incorrect. I reset my password and now, still can't get in.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I got in and made a new ID/account without any trouble, and it imported my info from the old site, so I suppose they're still working on things. I'll have to go back and spend some more time poking around, but I liked the new site. Not so much the new logo--that'll take some getting used to! I really like the overall look of it, but WHERE'S MY BUFF ROSE? That'll take some MORE getting used to! And I really like the emphasis on living the Purpose. Within the last year I've posted copies of our Purpose in places where I can see it and use it. I like the idea of reaching back to our core values and reinforcing them in such a visible way.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

The online reporting is coming very soon. The first software they used was too clunky. There is a new one coming.

I haven't had time to explore the new site in detail yet but so far, I can't find the handbooks.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
The online reporting is coming very soon. The first software they used was too clunky. There is a new one coming.

I haven't had time to explore the new site in detail yet but so far, I can't find the handbooks.
MyAlphaGam > Resource Center

It took a while for it to load, but it seems the handbooks and forms are all there. How convenient!
Old 08-15-2011, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I emailed IHQ because none of those links are working for me.. or so I thought. Perhaps the load time was the issue. She said it may take up to five minutes to load. I definitely didn't wait that long.