GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,454
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, nathnpetrovo648
» Online Users: 1,544
2 members and 1,542 guests
PrettyBoy

Old 07-06-2004, 03:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Recruitment at Mizzou

Can anyone tell me about recruitment at Mizzou? What is it like? What should PNMs expect? Wicked competitive? Just curious

Thanks all!
Old 07-06-2004, 05:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to Angels&Arrows
http://www.greekchat.net/gcforums/sh...ghlight=Mizzou
Old 07-07-2004, 09:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Yeah, read that one already...wasn't a whole lot. Thanks tho
Old 07-07-2004, 09:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SiKeS
Recruitment @ Mizzou

Sunday, August 15
• Potential Members move in to their Residence Halls and check-in for Recruitment from 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. in Stotler Lounge, located in Memorial Union. Potential Members will meet with their Recruitment Counselors in the evening and attend a short orientation. Dress for the day is casual.

Monday, August 16
• Potential Members will attend all 13 chapters today with their Recruitment Groups. Dress for the day is casual, and a Panhellenic Recruitment T-Shirt will be provided for all Potential Members.

Tuesday, August 17
• Potential Members will visit up to nine chapters and enjoy skits and some house tours. Dress for the day is slightly dressier than shorts—a sundress, skirt, or capri outfit is perfect, and remember that there will be a fair amount of walking, so wear comfortable shoes.

Wednesday, August 18
• Today Potential Members will visit a maximum of five chapters, and focus on one of the many important aspects of sorority life: service and philanthropy. Each chapter will educate Potential Members about their individual philanthropy, and will participate in efforts to serve our community. There will be a canned food drive, which all sorority women will be participating in, and Potential Members are encouraged to help in this effort by giving canned food to their Recruitment Counselors to be donated. Dress for the day is casual again, and another Panhellenic T-Shirt will be provided.

Thursday, August 19
• On Preference Day, Potential Members will visit a maximum of three chapters and learn from sorority members why their sorority means to them, and about the bond of sisterhood that they share. The mood for dress this day is the most formal of the entire week to reflect the more somber tone of the socials. A nice dress or equivalent is an appropriate outfit; just think simple and classy. (Prom dresses, formals, and cleavage are not appropriate. Recruitment Counselors can provide guidance if Potential Members have questions about attire.)

Friday, August 20
• Potential Members will have a break in the morning, and will participate in Bid Day festivities in the afternoon and evening. Potential Members will arrive at the columns with their Recruitment Counselors to open their Bid Cards and join the active members in returning to their new chapters.

This is just some Info I've been able to gather... other than that I really don't know much about sororoity recruitment @ Mizzou...
Every year I see over a thousand hot PNMs strutting around greek town and lemmie tell you.. Its quite a sight. I know that there are a top few houses on campus that many girls try to get in which gets very competitive... But with all of the houses on campus, unless you do something really stupid or have bad grades, I think it is pretty likely that most girls will get into a house...

For guys it is semi-competitive. Like the girls, there are a few big houses that a lot of guys will tend to aim for... But different houses attract different types of people so it all seems to work out just fine. Most of IFC recruitment @ Mizzou is informal. Basically when you apply here, you have the opportunity to check 'yes' for greek life. This enters your name on a massive rush list which the rush chairs from each house get... They tend to skim for familiar names that some of the guys might know or local guys to contact first... Since there are so many PNMs it would be impossible to contact every person on the list. I could see funds limiting it also. But anyway they'll usually send a letter out to everyone on the list and rush whoever contacts them back..
From my experience, they'll invite you over for a party or over to meet a few of the guys, take you out to dinner, invite you on float trips, etc... So you have a good chance to meet the guys. If everything goes good on both sides, you get a bid. Informal IFC recruitment is year-round and they may offer a bid at any time.

Formal is starting to becoming more popular for guysat mizzou, i've heard. It will take place August 10-14, and like the girls you'll get a chance to visit with many houses. This type of rush is great for those PNMs who live out of town and dont have a chance to take part in the summer rush events.

Anyway thats about all I can think of... Any specific rush questions about Mizzou? Just ask it. Also, kiki and jules will prolly have somethin to add.

Hope this helps some.

-Matt