GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,454
1 members and 2,453 guests
No Members online

Old 11-30-2005, 11:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Codyray05 Send a message via Yahoo to Codyray05
I dont think anyone should be upset about T-Shirts. Damn near every spring my fraternity gets in trouble with the university for a less tasteful shirt. It makes your group stand out, and if some GDI or a reject gets pissed off about it. Get over it. I mean honestly, everyone thinks their organization is the best, otherwise they wouldn't have joined, but the moment anyone tries to voice that---their chastized. We actually had one shirt about a year or 2 ago that said "SHOCKIN THE WORLD SINCE 1899" with a picture of the "shocker" over the world. That was the most successful t shirt we ever made, but we got bitched at because it was discrespectful.
But about the situation at first mention, if someone got rejected from "xyz" and then are offended by the t shirt of jealousy.... they obviously are jealous, so the shirt is almost an unwanted/unknown truth.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-06-2005, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RhoSigma2003

One year our Turtle Buddy shirts said the whole "Wonder if you joined the right sorority, WE don't!", and then the next year we had "Some women join a sororities to find their husbands, We joined to find out bridesmaids"

That's cute
Old 12-08-2005, 04:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't like having 'cute' sayings on rush t-shirts, save the sayings for date party shirts. For fraternities I like just the letters and/or crest with the founding year, or a saying like 'Men of Principle' if you're a Beta. My favorite was a shirt was the one for pledges that said "If we wanted you, you'd have one of these." I'm fine with arrogant rush shirts, but I think making cute or suggestive rush t's is a bad idea.

On another note, my favorite date party shirt was our "(Insert date party): If you think you'll regret this in the morning, we can sleep till noon.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bekibug
[B]While it's in poor tastes, if someone had a t-shirt that said "friends don't let friend go XYZ" then all hell would break loose. I guess I'm just pointing out another double standard.

But we are also a greek COMMUNITY. whereas neighboring schools are not expected to be civil. i don't know. I hate all the nasty shirts. ones like, 'ever wonder if you joined the right.....' are not to bad, but do you ever wonder what non-greeks (and our national offices) think of shirts with sex and alcohol references? yeah, way to reinforce the generalizations [note i did not say stereotypes because most of them are true in a general sense]. what we should be doing with these shirts is instiling pride but also making others want to go greek. i love all-greek or npc shirts becuas ethey show a community that has a place for all types of people if they give it a chance.

i had the best idea for a shirt for my chapter but never got a chance to make it.....i may do it for the chapter now that i ahve graduated.
FRONT: In life there are leaders and there are followers
[with a new beetle that i would be 'decorated' to look like a turtle]
BACK: Leaders wanted [ with a DZ in place of the VW in the volkswagon logo]
we went with this not to say others are followers, but to show our recruitment style. since i joined we have been recruiting women who are already active in orgs on campus and we want to continue recruiting our campus leaders. and the turtle thing is super cute. i always wanted something original.

my fave tke shirt was my friend from beloit, they were napoleon dynamite shirts and i think they said something with teh word sweet in it on the from and the back had napoleon's head and 'TKE, gosh!' it was amusing
Old 01-04-2006, 08:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by wildcatsKSU
one of the cutest bid day shirts ive seen had a picture of a little boy sitting between 2 little girls. and the little boy was kissing the girl that their sororities letters on her dress

Can you please re-explain that?
Old 01-04-2006, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ejbiff Send a message via Yahoo to ejbiff
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
one of the cutest bid day shirts ive seen had a picture of a little boy sitting between 2 little girls. and the little boy was kissing the girl that their sororities letters on her dress

I think I know what shirt is being mentioned. A chapter at my school had a shirt like this. It's a picture of three kids-a boy in the middle of 2 girls. The boy is kissing the girl (with her sorority letters on her dress) on the cheek. I don't know what the saying is, but the picture is found on cards and posters at various stores.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ejbiff
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I know what shirt is being mentioned. A chapter at my school had a shirt like this. It's a picture of three kids-a boy in the middle of 2 girls. The boy is kissing the girl (with her sorority letters on her dress) on the cheek. I don't know what the saying is, but the picture is found on cards and posters at various stores.
"You picked the right one, baby!"
Old 01-06-2006, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2006, 12:34 AM
GreekChat Member

My fraternity made bid day shirts that said, "The wearer of this shirt is hopefully not a hermaphrodite, because this house is exclusively male."

It was green and had a picture of gumby putting cigarettes out on a blockheads ass on the front, and on the back was a picture of Manute Bol taking a bong rip.

Most of the stuff came from our ritual, so I'm not going to explain it in detail, but it meant a lot to the guys in the house.