GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,658
0 members and 2,658 guests
No Members online

Old 12-19-2011, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

PNM-2012, the good news is there are a bazillion Bama threads here. You have a benefit that most rushees don't - all kinds of direct information about your specific campus.

Read carefully, protect your anonymity, have fun the rest of your senior year, keep your grades up, and don't get all freaked out about rush. And work on your conversation skills. You have plenty of time to get comfortable talking to strangers. Just not too strange!
Old 12-20-2011, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
PNM-2012, the good news is there are a bazillion Bama threads here. You have a benefit that most rushees don't - all kinds of direct information about your specific campus.

Read carefully, protect your anonymity, have fun the rest of your senior year, keep your grades up, and don't get all freaked out about rush. And work on your conversation skills. You have plenty of time to get comfortable talking to strangers. Just not too strange!
Yes, this bulletin board is a great source for info. I have read most of the recent Alabama rush threads, this one just kind of caught my eye for some reason. She had some of the same questions I had that she asked in previous posts.
How do I protect my anonymity more than by not using my name? I'm trying not to freaked out. However, its about all anyone is talking about. This time of year last years seniors are home for Christmas.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Some girls will say things like, I won't share my name, but I'm 18, blonde, 5'6", going to Bama, from Charlotte NC, went to Washington high school, I hate all those Beta bitches and I'm sure the Gammas are going to pledge me. They already said so. This would be an example of what not to say. And worse is when Mom comes on and says my little perfect princess snowflake, and then the rest of it.

You'd be surprised at how easy it is to figure out who you are based on very little information. That wouldn't be that big a deal if you stay 100% pleasant on here and stick to the subject at hand without swerving into other people's lanes. But some girls, as you've probably already read here, can ask a question and then get seriously bitchy when they don't like the answer. As a rushee at a competitive school, read lots here, post questions when you don't find what you're after, and stay out of other people's fights. And you can grab the popcorn and watch other girls torpedo their sorority future.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
Some girls will say things like, I won't share my name, but I'm 18, blonde, 5'6", going to Bama, from Charlotte NC, went to Washington high school, I hate all those Beta bitches and I'm sure the Gammas are going to pledge me. They already said so. This would be an example of what not to say. And worse is when Mom comes on and says my little perfect princess snowflake, and then the rest of it.

You'd be surprised at how easy it is to figure out who you are based on very little information. That wouldn't be that big a deal if you stay 100% pleasant on here and stick to the subject at hand without swerving into other people's lanes. But some girls, as you've probably already read here, can ask a question and then get seriously bitchy when they don't like the answer. As a rushee at a competitive school, read lots here, post questions when you don't find what you're after, and stay out of other people's fights. And you can grab the popcorn and watch other girls torpedo their sorority future.
Ok I get it. There are drama queens everywhere and I'm sure rush will be no exception. Thanks for the info!
Old 12-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

i think it is a good idea to wait until recruitment is over to post your story. you could type it all up during rush so that you don't forget.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
i think it is a good idea to wait until recruitment is over to post your story. you could type it all up during rush so that you don't forget.
I have seen several suggestions of taking a notebook with you to help your memory.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNM-2012 View Post
How many recs did you have for each house? I have seen here on Greek Chat that 1 or 2 is enough.

What else do you do to prepare?

It seems as if you had an incredible rush.

Thanks
I had recommendations to the following chapters:
Alpha Chi 7 recs
I only asked for three, however others I knew wanted to write me one and I didn’t know how to say no.
DDD 5 recs
Ditto above
Zeta 5 recs
My sister is a Zeta at another SEC school several of her friends wanted to send recs for me.
AOPi 4 recs
Chi O 4 recs
Phi Mu 4 recs
DZ 3 recs
Pi Phi 3 recs
ADPi 2 recs
Alpha Gam 2 recs
APhi 2 recs
DG 2 recs
Gamma Phi Beta 2 recs
Kappa Alpha Theta 2 recs
KD 2 recs
Kappa 1 very strong rec

All of my recs knew me for at least 2 years, most much longer.
I spent a lot of time reading threads here on GC. Several of the posters here are UoA alumni they know the system! As you mentioned with Christmas break girls are home. Spend this time re-connecting with the ones you know at Bama. Avoid trash talking of any house. You never know who may have a friend there. As you are getting your recs ask about any teas that they may have. Attend the Spring Panhellenic Weekend. Attend any weekend event at the capstone where you may get a chance to meet other girls enrolled there. You will be surprised at the connections you can make. If you aren’t good at carrying on conversation, start practicing! What is your GPA? All houses look at this. I haven’t been through recruitment on the inside yet, however I hear a GPA cut is the easiest.
Oh, and you don’t have to wear Lilly Pulitzer every day. Just look nice and be yourself!

Last edited by Cheerflyer; 12-24-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

thank you cheerflyer. bama pnms will find your advice very helpful!

to pnm-2012-yes, if you are allowed, do take a notebook and make some notes in between parties. chapters will start to blend together,and it might become hard to remember which sorority had a green living room, and which group wore yellow t-shirts.

Last edited by FSUZeta; 12-23-2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

FSUZeta is correct. After about the fifth house they all started to blur together. I made notes in a small notebook after I left each house. It was the only way I remembered half of the houses much less each girls name I had meet.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:02 PM
GreekChat Member

One of my 2011 Rec girls rushed at BAMA; she was also a competition and sideline cheerleader all through high school...your name made me think maybe you were her!!!! I waited with baited breath for your reveal -- but you aren't her! She pledged ADPi. So happy for both of you! Bama, with over 1700 girls rushing last fall, was one heck of a recruitment!