GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,600
0 members and 1,600 guests
No Members online

Old 06-19-2001, 05:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I am a total yankee, but I visit a friend's family in Alabama every summer and I must admit, the South is growing on me. I tell friends here stories of stuff that goes on down there and they can't even understand it, and that's just stuff about daily life. You have to experience it to understand though, so I'm guessing it's the same with rush in the South. I'm really starting to miss it, luckily I'll be back in a few weeks!! Best of luck to everyone going through rush!!

Liz

------------------

Alpha Chi Omega - Why reach for the top when you're already there?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-23-2001, 06:13 AM
GreekChat Member

My room mate transfered from LSU to California and when I was going through our Rush, she couldn't help but say that I was lucky to go through CA's rush system. LSU I guess is so cut throat that rushees even try to undermine other rushees in front of the houses. Recs are sooo important, and even from whom matters. The houses get pictures of all the rushees and slap them up on a wide screen and hold up red and green light paddles, then 'comment' on the girls..girls are dropped simply because they didn't like their hair cut or skirt!!! It's crazy, that's just what my roomie from LSU told me, sounds a bit crazy.
Old 06-12-2003, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

New website info

Information | Tips For Participating in Recruitment |
Recruitment Schedule of Events
http://appl003.lsu.edu/slas/GreekAffairs2.nsf/$Content/Sorority+Recruitment?OpenDocument
In order to join the Greek community, you must participate in sorority recruitment. Recruitment is the process by which potential members choose their sorority and the sororities choose the women who will become their new members. The sorority recruitment experience at LSU lasts a week. There are four rounds. In the first round, each sorority invites all potential members and each woman should attend all events. As recruitment continues through the second, third and fourth rounds of events, the number of women that a sorority can invite to its events decreases and the number of events that a woman can attend also decreases. During these events, both the potential members and the sororities are narrowing down their choices. Ultimately, by the end of the last event, which is called preference, each potential member will be accepting one bid, or invitation to become a new member of a sorority.

There are two very important steps to follow in preparing for recruitment.

First - Registration:

Send in all information to register for recruitment at the University at the earliest possible time to insure that all of your information is in order prior to recruitment. Click here for Sorority Recruitment Registration Form
LSU Panhellenic Council requires a copy of your final high school transcript.
Please note that this is only the first step in gathering the needed information to go through recruitment.
Second - Recommendations

Recommendations/references are a formal contact from an alumna to her sorority to LSU, which will give pertinent information about your academics, activities, and character.

The responsibility for providing letters of recommendation for potential members rests with the chapters (NPC Guidelines). Although not required, it is highly recommended to secure recommendations/references for the sororities at LSU by July 1. It helps foster the process by seeking out sorority alumnae who can provide the recommendation. Potential members provide each person who writes a recommendation with a picture, copy of the transcript and activity sheet or resume. In the interest of time, it is helpful to be proactive in this process. By registering with or notifying your city/alumnae Panhellenic that you are participating in recruitment at LSU, they will assist you in obtaining recommendations

It is beneficial to have someone whom you know write these. Begin to inquire about and contact people whom you know from this area who were members of sororities:

teachers
family members
neighbors
family friends
adult women you may know
Let them know that you are participating in recruitment and that you'd appreciate their writing a recommendation/reference. Share the following addresses with them in order to send the recommendation/reference.

Sorority Addresses for Recommendations: Baton Rouge, LA 70894

Chi Omega – P.O. Box 25109
Kappa Delta – P.O. Box 25107
Delta Delta Delta – P.O. Box 25105
Kappa Kappa Gamma – P.O. Box 25104
Delta Gamma – P.O. Box 25108
Phi Mu – P.O. Box 25111
Delta Zeta – P.O. Box 25117
Pi Beta Phi – P.O. Box 25110
Kappa Alpha Theta - P.O. Box 25112
Zeta Tau Alpha – P.O. Box 25102

It is always nice to acknowledge someone who writes a recommendation for you via a phone call or a thank you note.

Very often, women may not know of anyone in this area who was a member of a particular sorority. In this situation, you may contact the national headquarters' website to inquire about the local person from their organization who coordinates their recommendations/references.

Chi Omega www.chiomega.org
Delta Delta Delta www.tridelta.org
Delta Gamma www.deltagamma.org
Delta Zeta www.deltazeta.org
Phi Mu www.phimu.org
Kappa Alpha Theta www.kappaalphatheta.org
Kappa Delta www.kappadelta.org
Kappa Kappa Gamma www.kappa.org
Pi Beta Phi www.pibetaphi.org
Zeta Tau Alpha www.zetataualpha.org

Summer Recruitment Functions

Learn more about sorority recruitment by attending an LSU Sorority Recruitment Information gathering and meet a representative of each chapter in the following locations. No RSVP necessary.

June 21, 2-4 pm Lafayette and surrounding area
Home of Ms. Melanie Goudelocke, 907 Richland Ave., River Ranch Subdivision, Lafayette, LA 70508.

June 22, 1-3 pm New Orleans and surrounding area
Home of Ms. Joan Mollohan, #7 Olympic St. Kenner, LA 70065

June 22, 6:30-8:30 pm Hammond and surrounding area
Southeastern Louisiana University campus/Greek Village
Hammond, LA

June 28, 2-4 Alexandria and surrounding area
YWCA 5912 James St. Alexandria, LA 71303

Welcome to Greek Affairs: Sorority Recruitment
Old 06-12-2003, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhiMuJulia
I am so glad I am not in the south, the idea that you have to be gorgeous and rich to be in a sorority, seems so cut throat
Old 06-12-2003, 05:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CourtDaThetaPhi Send a message via Yahoo to CourtDaThetaPhi
LSU Rush

This is my impression:

LSU rush is typically what you look like, who you know, who are your parents, how much money your parents make & how much money your parents are going to give to your organization. Sorry if I piss anyone off with the previous statement, but hey, I;'m entitled to my opinion. If you feel differently, please don't hesitate to e-mail me & we can discuss.
Old 06-12-2003, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Ladies, Ladies, Ladies. There are so many threads about LSU rush I did not want to start another. I updated a link for new information. LSU RUSH would catch the eyes of those girls rushing. This thread is from 2001!

The sorority women of LSU do have beauty...on the inside where it counts. There are always exceptions to any rule.
Old 06-12-2003, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I find the process & customs of these big Southern recruitments fascinating! Court, you do have a point though. Not to fault the school, chapters, alums, or women going through.....but there seems to be a limited time to choose your new sisters and these seem to be the easiest methods...fair or not.
Old 06-12-2003, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by justamom
Ladies, Ladies, Ladies. There are so many threads about LSU rush I did not want to start another.
For those that want to know, here are some LSU threads.
Also, since LSU is just 3 characters long, if you search on LSU*
you will find some results.

Rush at LSU
Help! Nervous about LSU Rush
justamom-How's LSU?

There are definitely additional threads too, but I got lazy after 3!