GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,459
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, aolviatopz5295
» Online Users: 2,400
0 members and 2,400 guests
No Members online

Old 09-16-2013, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Another Recruitment Story

Oh, geez. Another one of these, I know! But I am really looking forward to posting my recruitment story and hopefully find my future sisters!

By the way, this is a LIVE story. I just got back from my first night.

Here is some background. I am a junior at a small school where there are only three, yes THREE, sororities at my school. This is my second year going through recruitment. I would love any advice for this whole process.

Okay, so last year, I went through formal recruitment and the last night before bid night, I got preffed back to one sorority. I honestly didn't see myself there and I knew I couldn't accept the bid or take a bid from another girl that had found their home. I didn't feel like I had found mine. After that, I am glad I didn't accept it and still stand by that decision. I also wanted some more time to make sure being in a sorority was what I really wanted. On that Saturday, I got called and said I had a bid from XYZ sorority and I turned it down. I was very emotional about the whole experience and I'm kind of glad I waited another year to really commit to it.

On my campus, we have three lovely sororities. I am going to use the titles of three of my favorite books!

The Fault in Our Stars
Catcher in the Rye
The Selection

Sorry it was so long!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-16-2013, 11:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay! Tonight was the first night of recruitment and I had a wonderful time! I met so many lovely ladies and saw from friends from my major classes.

Catcher in the Rye: Last year when I rushed, I felt very half and half about this sorority, but new year, new mindset! I had a wonderful time! I spent most of my time talking to this one girl. We were talking about crafts and found out our love for HGTV. It was kind of silly, but we just had an instant like connection after all the small talk. I felt like I could be a sister with the girl I spoke to. I'm not a great small talker sometimes...

The Fault in Our Stars: This past year I have been going to the "Meet the Sisters" events and I have a lot of friends here and I really do think I could see myself being a sister here with everyone. I talked to like three or four girls. i felt so bad for this one girl because she lost her voice. Everyone was friendly and laughing. I loved how silly everyone could be, which made me feel very comfortable. I kept getting bumped and I don't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

The Selection: This was the sorority I received a bid from. It was kind of awkward, which was how I felt last year too. A group of four of us were standing there talking, but no sisters were there with us. We had to approach them and they kind of talked amongst themselves more, except for some of the more outgoing girls who were also incredibly sweet. Overall, I just didn't feel too great, but keeping an open mind once again!

Last edited by FSU Lady; 09-17-2013 at 01:42 AM.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Rooting for Catcher in the Rye... my favorite book!

Good luck!

@~/~~~~
Old 09-17-2013, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I love The Fault in Our Stars so I'm pulling for them! Best of Luck!
Old 09-17-2013, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you! I read your recruitment story too and I'm so happy that worked out well for you. I hope you're loving your new Greek life!
Old 09-17-2013, 10:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, second night! Such a wonderful time. I do feel torn between two of the sororities though for sure.

The Selection: These girls are really nice, but I just don't see myself there. Like some of the girls I am like they are great and others I couldn't see myself talking to on a regular basis. We have different interests and I really wish they were a national sorority rather than a local. I also felt like I was directing most of the conversation and like they weren't contributing as much as me and some of the girls I had become friends with to the point it almost split up to groups of sisters talking and the girls that are rushing talking.

Catcher in the Rye: They were great! We played this really cute game called "You Have a Link". I spoke to the girl I spoke to yesterday and she definitely remembered me! I talked to more girls today and really connected with one of them. I could see myself getting along with a lot of these girls, but one thing that does worry me is all the hazing rumors I hear. I figure though I won't know unless I actually got a bid and went through the pledging process so I am not making any judgements.

The Fault in Our Stars: My heart is slightly set on this sorority. I just feel I really fit in here and I can be myself. Girls I knew would say hello to me or wave when we weren't in a conversation together. Some girls came up and hugged me, which was super sweet! I could really just see being here. I really loved it. I am trying suuuuuper hard to keep an open mind.

I am torn though between The Fault in Our Stars and Catcher in the Rye. I would be honored to accept a bid from either of these sororities!

Preferences on Thursday and Friday! Fingers crossed.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:04 AM
GreekChat Member

I hope things went well for you tonight!