GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 2,388
3 members and 2,385 guests
baleeytts5002, Kevin, oncegreek

Old 09-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

If the pin ever shows up on ebay or another site, you will be better able to prove its rightful owner if a police report is filed. Also, you might call Campus Security, and they may have it in a Lost and Found box. You really have nothing to lose by filing the reports. Good luck!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-07-2010, 12:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDeltaPearl View Post
Thanks, everybody! I told my big today (which was what I was most nervous about since I didn't want to disappoint her), and I'm sure she was a little upset, but she gave me a hug and told me she cares more about me than the pin

I also reported it to Campus Safety. We're going to wait a while and see if it turns up before ordering a new one. But thanks, pearlbubbles, for suggesting that it would be easiest to order it with the new members' badges. That's probably true. In the meantime, she might ask the officers if she can wear a recently deactivated girl's badge for pref, which is coming up, since it would look weird to the PNMs if one sister didn't have one. Or maybe she will wear my friend's grandmother's.

We live on a tiny, close-knit campus that is 55% greek, so I really don't think anyone would steal it, but maybe I'll file a police report just in case.
No problem, hun. Glad everything worked out alright with your Big; I was sure it would. I hope there's a chance you all may still be able to find it!
Old 09-07-2010, 08:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Maybe you could include a bubble guard for her with the replacement? Or a nice box or pillow if she doesn't have one.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to goldendelta
This thread brought up memories.

My chapter did the same thing - you had your big's badge until yours came in. Well, my first little transferred and never gave my badge back. I was so upset and I didn't have a badge for Convention. Eventually I gave up hope of ever getting it back and ordered a new one.

There is a reorder form on the Delta's Only site if you need it. However, I'll pray to St. Anthony that you find it!

Life Loyal
Old 09-08-2010, 12:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendelta View Post
This thread brought up memories.

My chapter did the same thing - you had your big's badge until yours came in. Well, my first little transferred and never gave my badge back. I was so upset and I didn't have a badge for Convention. Eventually I gave up hope of ever getting it back and ordered a new one.

There is a reorder form on the Delta's Only site if you need it. However, I'll pray to St. Anthony that you find it!
Wish it was that easy to re-order for us.

We wore our sis-mom's badge until ours came in, but I ordered the same one she had and she transferred, so by the time her younger sister came in and she needed it back I didn't know which was which. I still don't know if I have my original badge to this day or not. But I guess it doesn't really matter.

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."
Groucho Marx
Old 09-08-2010, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

I have seen another side to this dilemna.

A few years ago the "Campus Police" at a prestigious northern university actually listed on eBay and then sold a number of badges that had been lost and later found on their particular campus... but never claimed. Seriously! If I remember correctly a few of the badges had the names on them and yet they were still not claimed and later sold to the general public on eBay.

I have to admit the "Campus Police" selling lost badges that had not been claimed on eBay was something that had never crossed my mind. Strange things happen. Lesson: Routinely check with your campus security!

B*H
Old 09-08-2010, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

That does seem to be pretty asshatful, since even if they didn't know which sorority/fraternity the badges belonged to, all they'd have to do is take them to panhel/IFC and they'd be distributed appropriately. Or dump them at the doorstep of the closest house... I mean seriously, they couldn't think of ANYTHING else they could do? Or would they have made that much money that it was worth it to them to be sleazy?

So I guess yes, fill out the report, and go in to ask to see lost and found.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:42 PM

I'm glad our nationals has such a quick turnaround time on new badges. (At least, they did when I was an active.) NMs ordered their badges during the first week or two of their NM period, and they arrived in time for initiation.

I second the suggestion of filing a police report.

And you never know, it might still turn up. I lost my wedding ring (!) about two weeks before I moved houses. We did a thorough search of the house - no luck. We asked the movers to keep an eye out for it, but I didn't think I'd ever see it again. Imagine my surprise when the movers started to load the sofa onto the truck and my ring fell out! So I hope your big's badge does turn up at the end of the day.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Lost Badge

You can contact your National Headquarters at 817.633.8001, and they will be happy to help you in replacing the badge.