GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,233
1 members and 2,232 guests
Cookiez17

Old 01-28-2003, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Yay for more recruitment stories! Lafayette doesn't hold rush in the spring, but (I think) 3 groups are holding COB, and Bid Day is February 7th. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some awesome new sisters this semester!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-28-2003, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the congrats everyone! There's not much to tell in terms of my recruitment story...everything went pretty smoothly. The first two days of recruitment involved going around to all five houses and chit-chatting with members (lots of small talk and smiling, very exhausting!) After those two days I was pretty sure about the way I wanted to rank the houses. Then on the third day we could go back to as many as three houses, and I was lucky enough to be invited back to my top three choices. And on the fourth day, we could go back to up to two houses for preference, and I went back to my top two choices. The hardest part of recruitment was probably deciding which of my top two houses to put first on the final preference card. But I finally went with my gut, and put the house that had been first on my list all along, and I got a bid from them! So it all worked out really well, and it was a good experience overall. The funny thing is that one of my Rho Gammas (we had two per group) turned out to be a Theta, and almost half of our group ended up in Theta too!
Old 01-29-2003, 02:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Just a little update... the women of the Appalachian State Phi Mu chapter are absolutely awesome... and if what I saw tonight is any indication, they will be well on their way to a beautiful new group of Phis and adding to their numbers. Due to some internal problems (don't know much about it), they are 50 below total, but I can't see why any woman wouldn't want to join their sisterhood!
Old 02-07-2003, 12:59 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm so excited that I had to write this somewhere, but I'm not sure it deserves its own special thread . . . so I figured this was the best place for it.

I just got back from our Bid Day celebration. We (the Tri Deltas at the University of Wisconsin) picked up EIGHT brand new members -- including both of my rush crushes! -- and they are all so cute and sweet and awesome. There were three girls in last year's spring pledge class, so this is really exciting. Plus we have a gazillion names of girls who are interested in COB-ing, so the spring pledge class will probably be even bigger by the time initiation rolls around.

According to uwgirl, Chi Omega got nine equally wonderful new girls. Alpha Phi, Kappa Alpha Theta, Sigma Delta Tau, and Alpha Chi Omega were also participating in informal spring rush, although I'm not sure how any of them did yet.

One of the other girls in my pledge class remarked today, "Oh, I love this! It's like getting presents at Christmas!" as the new girls came in the front door.
Old 02-07-2003, 01:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Please keep my old chapter of Phi Mu(App. State-Lambda Beta) in your thoughts as they hit a rough spot during recruitment(return rates were not as high as they should be after 1st round).
They are now heavily COBing. I cannot go into anymore detail here. I am very happy to hear all these wonderful recruitment stories though. Keep up the good work!
If any Phi Mu's request further details, please PM me
Old 02-07-2003, 10:21 AM
GreekChat Member

sugar & spice: Go Tri-Delt!!!

PhiMuLady: Keep heart!! A lot of girls end up COB-ing after they go through formal. Your chapter is sure to land some wonderful girls soon. Good luck!!!
Old 02-07-2003, 10:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Just want to send out a HUGE congrats to my chapter of D Phi E at Bloomsburg University for getting 8 new women for the spring new member class!!! Way to go girls!!
Old 02-07-2003, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

University of Georgia

Does anyone know about UGA's spring recruitment?
Old 02-07-2003, 03:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Does UGA even have much in the way of spring recruitment? It would be all COBs I would think.
Old 02-07-2003, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Shadokat, you are right. UGA is doing COB during the spring. There is not a formal recruitment. However, I did see signs posted in the student center ( I am on the staff) regarding an information session for those "interested in joining a sorority this spring." So it seems there is some organization to this "informal recruitment."
Old 02-11-2003, 01:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Clemson

DG at Clemson is holding an informal Spring Recruitment from Feb 24-28. We are so pumped!!!!
Old 02-11-2003, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Indiana University of Pennsylvania

I just found out that the Delta Nu Chapter of Alpha Xi Delta at Indiana University of Pennsylvania got 17 new members during spring informal recruitment. This is a fantastic number for spring informal there.
Old 02-11-2003, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sugar and spice

According to uwgirl, Chi Omega got nine equally wonderful new girls. Alpha Phi, Kappa Alpha Theta, Sigma Delta Tau, and Alpha Chi Omega were also participating in informal spring rush, although I'm not sure how any of them did yet.
More updates: the University of Wisconsin's Kappa Alpha Thetas got nine new girls as well . . . it sounds like everybody did really well in spring recruitment this year.