GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,296
1 members and 2,295 guests
chi-o_cat

Old 06-23-2023, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Favorite D9 Fraternity Men

For PB and Zach to chime in. Of course Alpha Men are the most educated. Ya think? Lol

https://www.regalmag.com/lifestyle/m...raternity-men/
Old 06-24-2023, 09:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Haha you obviously found the stereotype that’s biased to your fraternity. The only truths to it are about the Iotas and Kappas. At my school and generally at others, when potentials get cut from their first choice, they go Iota. When I was in school, I knew a lot if new potential Kappas that were ugly and dressed like shit before they pledged. After they made it, all of a sudden they start wearing name brand clothing while calling themselves pretty boys. That’s just been my experience tho.
Old 06-24-2023, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
Haha you obviously found the stereotype that’s biased to your fraternity. The only truths to it are about the Iotas and Kappas. At my school and generally at others, when potentials get cut from their first choice, they go Iota. When I was in school, I knew a lot if new potential Kappas that were ugly and dressed like shit before they pledged. After they made it, all of a sudden they start wearing name brand clothing while calling themselves pretty boys. That’s just been my experience tho.
Lmao! Yeah, I’ve seen the same. They all of a sudden become players too.
Old 06-24-2023, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I guess this is an attempted payback for my friendly trash talking? 😂

Well, they’re bglo stereotypes so really none of it is true. It’s based on the individual person.

The only fact is in my experience, whenever I’m in a friendly conversation about black greek life with other D9 sorority members — if I’m not wearing letters, when they ask me what I pledged, before I can answer, it’s always “Let me guess… you’re definitely a Kappa.” I just smile and thank them for the compliment just as you two would do if you were told you look like a Kappa 😂
Romans 1:16
Old 06-24-2023, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

All I gotta say is you were conceived by an Alpha, PB. So, who’s ya daddy? Lol!
Old 06-24-2023, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

His pops is an Alpha? That’d be blasphemy in my family. I’m a legacy beginning with my grandad. My pops would have had a conniption if I went anything other than Sigma. My pops even married Blue. My mom is a Zeta. My whole family is greek. The Blue only. What’d he say when he found out you were rolling with the Kappas?
Old 06-25-2023, 01:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, both of his wayward sons went Krappa Lol
Old 06-25-2023, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
All I gotta say is you were conceived by an Alpha, PB. So, who’s ya daddy? Lol!
Yup. He’s a great man, great father and was a great husband to my mother. He’s God’s blueprint of of what a great father, great husband and great man is and should be. I couldn’t ask for a better father. I measure myself against him every day. However, even great men make mistakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
His pops is an Alpha? That’d be blasphemy in my family. I’m a legacy beginning with my grandad. My pops would have had a conniption if I went anything other than Sigma. My pops even married Blue. My mom is a Zeta. My whole family is greek. The Blue only. What’d he say when he found out you were rolling with the Kappas?
He didn’t have to find out on his own. During the beginning of my freshman year I told him I wasn’t going his way.
Romans 1:16
Old 06-25-2023, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
Yup. He’s a great man, great father and was a great husband to my mother. He’s God’s blueprint of of what a great father, great husband and great man is and should be. I couldn’t ask for a better father. I measure myself against him every day. However, even great men make mistakes.
With the exception of his “mistake”, everything you posted about your dad here and based on how you turned out, I can believe it. You also just described an Alpha Man to the tee, a man and fraternity you measure yourself against. You posted it yourself. Thanks, PB Lol!