GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,450
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zluspitt7200
» Online Users: 2,316
1 members and 2,315 guests
Cookiez17

Old 09-23-2014, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Some Dude Tried To Rush Sororities At The University Of Michigan And The Results Are

"Wow, it looks like all the srats at U Michigan don’t know how to take a joke. Who the fuck cares if you have some boob in a ratchet clearance dress and a fake wig walking around? It’s funny. Most of the conversations you’re having with the prospective girls are probably boring as fuck and awkward anyway, at least with this dude sprinting around you have something interesting to talk about, but nooooo. It’s all “You’re trespassing” and “We’re going to call the police if you don’t leave.” At least most of the Rho Gams had some semblance of a sense of humor, because that girl in the red shirt and khakis towards the end is probably the crankiest little bitchmuffin I’ve seen in a while." http://www.brobible.com/college/arti...ties-michigan/
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-23-2014, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Other than getting to see my alma mater and PNMs lined up in front of my chapter house, I feel like I just wasted 5 1/2 minutes of my life. Not sure what his point was, but what a childish idiot. If he had a problem with recruitment, sororities, Greek Life, whatever, there were plenty of other ways to express it. Grow up.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:37 PM

1. "Srats" is such a gross word
2. BroBible, seriously?
3. Why is a girl writing for brobible?
4. Why wasn't campus security called asap? If there was a girl acting psycho and trying to get into rush parties she didn't pay for, I'm hoping she would be removed.
5. This idiot and the girl who wrote that stupid "rush is awful and must change" article on tsm need to get together and make a love connection. Chuck Woolery, where are you?
Old 09-23-2014, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Why is a girl writing for BroBible?

Ha, look at who she is:

"Rebecca Martinson is a recent graduate from the University of Maryland who is notoriously known throughout the Internet for being really, really adequate at writing emails. She joined BroBible right after graduating in the Spring of 2014 and doesn't hate it...yet."

Remember the email she sent to her DG sisters and the certain way she threatened to "punt" them? She just doesn't go away.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekdee View Post
Why is a girl writing for BroBible?

Ha, look at who she is:

"Rebecca Martinson is a recent graduate from the University of Maryland who is notoriously known throughout the Internet for being really, really adequate at writing emails. She joined BroBible right after graduating in the Spring of 2014 and doesn't hate it...yet."

Remember the email she sent to her DG sisters and the certain way she threatened to "punt" them? She just doesn't go away.
Great unbiased author Bro Bible, (not that I expect anything professional from this site) I'm sure she harbors no ill will towards sororities
Old 09-24-2014, 09:55 AM
GreekChat Member

I wrote about 2 fraternity men in drag who signed up for recruitment in the "weird rush stories" thread. It was kind of awkward for the PNMs in their group, but student life administrators came and pulled them out of rush after the first couple off parties. Unlike this idiot, they "played along" and behaved appropriately, so it was a funny prank, not a disruptive menace.

I didn't find anything funny about this attention-seeking jerk, and it didn't look like anyone else did, either.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I know the Alpha Gam he talked to.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw the video clip of this guy and if wasn't so loud and obnoxious he might have gotten away with it.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Srat is a stupid word. Some people are just stupid.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
I wrote about 2 fraternity men in drag who signed up for recruitment in the "weird rush stories" thread. It was kind of awkward for the PNMs in their group, but student life administrators came and pulled them out of rush after the first couple off parties. Unlike this idiot, they "played along" and behaved appropriately, so it was a funny prank, not a disruptive menace.

I didn't find anything funny about this attention-seeking jerk, and it didn't look like anyone else did, either.
Dressed in drag for a joke or not, wouldn't this be a violation of Title IX if they entered recruitment parties and were "recruited" by chapters?
Old 09-25-2014, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ This was in like, 1984 or 1985...after Title IX, but I don't think anyone was thinking Title IX when it happened. These were well-known fraternity members, and there was no question that this was a prank, not a legitimate attempt to join a sorority. In fact, when I saw this video, it occurred to me that this fool may have read or heard about this story. When I posted the original story, another GCer guessed the correct school...she was an alum of another sorority and she was familiar with it, too.

They had androgynous names, and legitimately signed up ahead of time for recruitment and were assigned to a rush group. No one knew they were men until they met their group at the first party. We were the second house on their schedule, and we received a call that a student life administrator was on the way to remove them, either at our house, or the next party, and to just have a couple members talk to them and avoid any scenes until they got there. A couple members chatted with them in the TV room instead of the living room with everyone else; the administrator intercepted them at the next house on their schedule.