GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Up & Coming National GLOs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Up & Coming National GLOs This area is for discussion of issues affecting GLOs which are larger than a local, yet are still growing into a national GLO.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,453
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zamesyandext578
» Online Users: 2,216
0 members and 2,216 guests
No Members online

Old 10-24-2000, 02:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Awfully dead in here - Topic: New Members before Charter status

Congratulations, Asia!
Quote:
We were formally invited to join the Multi-cultural Council (the MCC)...
Quote:
Does anyone here have experience taking in new members before you received your charter from the organization you're petitioning for membership?
Check with your organization of interest to see if they have specific guidelines on this. My sorority does - once an Interest Group has achieved Colony status, they have to have at least on Rush. When my Chapter was a Colony, we made the conscious decision to defer our Rush until the Spring semester (we became a Colony in the Fall) for exactly the same reason you mentioned - we wanted to become bonded amongst ourselves, not only as future sisters, but also by committing to the various requirements of becoming a Chapter. I know that our Delta Colony (as of this weekend! *cheer*) will be having rush right away - just like you, Asia, they're finding a lot of women interested in A.S.K.

Let us know how things work out! And yah, I'd be surprised if there was more activity on these threads...I'm glad people are using this as a resource for expansion etc., as opposed to a primary social forum!

[This message has been edited by equeen (edited October 24, 2000).]
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-24-2000, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to equeen
Red face

Oops...Asia, I think I edited your post when I meant to reply!! Perhaps you could post some of the details again?

------------------
equeen
A Lioness has her Pride!
@>--;--
Alpha Sigma Kappa - Women in Technical Studies
Old 10-31-2000, 04:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow, Asia, it seems like only a short time ago you were just part of an interest group. And now, you are part of a chapter looking back on the colony stage. I must have been away from greekchat way too long! So are you a pledge or initiated now? Are you allowed to tell us which sorority yet?
Old 10-31-2000, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey Asia!
What's going on w/ you and your interest group? So are you guys a colony, chapter or what? I'm dying to know!!
Old 11-01-2000, 02:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Whoa, I've been away!! Sorry, but it seems things got miscommunicated here!

Oh well, we are NOT a sorority yet!!

We've had to move our application to next semester due to lack of funds to visit a full fledged chapter.

But we are associate members of the Multi Cultural Council at my university. They are the greek umbrella org that covers all the non IFC, NPC and NPHC orgs. They allow up and coming interest groups to be associate members -- involvement with no vote.

That's what we are up to.

Sorry for the delay in my response!