GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,127
0 members and 1,127 guests
No Members online

Old 08-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Banned

Interacial Relationships. Why people do it.

There's always a reason behind every decision. There also a reason behind interacial relationships. See, the white woman can sometimes be utilized as a vacation from the black race. In simple terms, she is a break; a chance to forget everyday life, unwind, relax, explore, and recharge. How does a white woman provide all this? Easy, but let's furst follow a day in the lif of most black couples.

See, this relationship is pretty straightforward; it might even be yours. More than likely you both live in a predominantly black neighborhood. You wake up in the morning to the same or similar stimuli. The local news tells you about a young brotha who did some dumb shit. You check the weather and leave home only to find and empty forty-ounce bottle -on the curb in front of your house -accompanied by a half-eaten box of fried chicken wings and pork fried rice...etc. you know, the same old shit.

See, dating a white woman will provide a similar escape and ease from discomfort for some black men. It will not eliminate discomfort, just shit it in another area that is not as burdensome. Dating white women will bring him around more whites, so rather than being black, he begins to focus on being the only black. His conflict is not that he is black, but that he is with a white woman -a stigma he is in control of, and can rememdy. He cannot change his complexion but he can easily change his association. There is newfound power because the focus is on not his race but the race he is running with. This is the beginning of the escape that evolves into a more intimate journey. See, the fuel of this journey is constant criticism, a price paid when one sexually jumps race.

I asked a question why sistahs have an attitude, and nobody would answer my question. I know the aswer to my own question. See, generally with a black woman there is not much difference in upbringing. Some, but not much. Even if you're Caribbean and she is a black American, your experiences are quite similar, especially if you both grew up in the United States. You eat rice and peas, she eats peas and rice; you eat collard greens, she eats callaloo; you eat jerk chicken, she eats fried chicken. Silly little things may distinguish you, but overall there is a connective racial bond that black people have with one another that is very intuitive -our differences are glaring when we fail to use that intuition. See, image along with attitude, termperament, and status, designs desirability. If the black woman has the one without the other, her desirability is disqualified. All must be present and real in the black woman, but mere perception of these attributes is all the white woman needs. While the black woman must possess these traits, the white woman needs only the illusion of it. If the black man has any one or all of these qualities, he feels more accomplished sharing it with someone of similar worth, and some black men may perceive more value in an illusion rather than reality, opting for farce over fact.

This is the phenomenon that most concerns black women, wherein a successful black male chooses an "ordinary" white woman over a black woman of stature. This point is obvious in the movie Guess who's coming to dinner. Sidney Poitier's character was seeking approval from the parents of a twenty-three year old white girl. By all accounts, there was nothing much to this girl except that she was white. She held no job, and had just recently completed her formal education. Potier's character, however, was a medical doctor and college professor, in his mid-thirties, who had travelled the world. What could have possibly stimulated such a man to seek the permanent company of a twenty-three-year-old child? She was farce for fact, she had no money of her own, but she had the appearance of wealth; no real status, but her complexion dwarfed that. At the time this film was made, there was no healthy appetite for interacial romance. So in order to make this movie more palatable, the most clean-cut black actor -and not an American -was used, while his character was to the highest order -a doctor. His age was also important because a younger man would have represented more of a sexual threat. But a man in his thirties represented declining virility. See, white women won't fuck with a black man if he's not successful, and what I was saying earlier is why sistahs have bad attitudes and why they get mad when they see a white woman with a black man. See, there's always a reason why brothas date white women.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Banned

Old 08-11-2011, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

smh.

Can you just get banned or bored already?

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 08-11-2011, 12:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228

Since you are insisting:
Old 08-11-2011, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Like a fire there are certain ways to put them out. When this first started only thing needed was a little water of retardant and the issue would have been resolved. instead folks kept putting gas on it because they wanted to see how big it got.

After it finished burning the house, it spread to the surrounding woods, still was controllable but for some reason we chose to see how it would burn the trees, by continuing to engage even though everybody warned everybody else it would get out of hand.

Now it is out of hand, and like all fires, once to big water alone will not stop it. It's time to kill this in a multi-pronged attack.

1) Don't feed it (Quit giving serious answers and antagonizing answers)
2) Every thread it starts ignore it. (If you don't have the ability to not feed just don't click)
3) Troll it by taking over every thread they start and turn it into a subject completely different than what the OP troll wants it to be. (Because the troll will get mad and will start creating threads just to piss everybody off, you can either complain about the wasted space or use the wasted space for something else)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0Xa4bHcJu8
Old 08-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluPhire View Post
Like a fire there are certain ways to put them out. When this first started only thing needed was a little water of retardant and the issue would have been resolved. instead folks kept putting gas on it because they wanted to see how big it got.

After it finished burning the house, it spread to the surrounding woods, still was controllable but for some reason we chose to see how it would burn the trees, by continuing to engage even though everybody warned everybody else it would get out of hand.

Now it is out of hand, and like all fires, once to big water alone will not stop it. It's time to kill this in a multi-pronged attack.

1) Don't feed it (Quit giving serious answers and antagonizing answers)
2) Every thread it starts ignore it. (If you don't have the ability to not feed just don't click)
3) Troll it by taking over every thread they start and turn it into a subject completely different than what the OP troll wants it to be. (Because the troll will get mad and will start creating threads just to piss everybody off, you can either complain about the wasted space or use the wasted space for something else)
Really? Wow.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Really? Wow.
LOL

Old 08-11-2011, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

This PEPguy really is a one-trick pony...
Old 08-11-2011, 03:04 PM
GreekChat Member

This is funny. Everyone complains about trolls, but then populate the threads w/ pages and pages of antagonistic, or snarky or ____-type responses. eh.

Use the troll for momentary freedom from an otherwise boring workday or ignore them in in the interest of your personal sanity, but the number of people who say don't feed the trolls and then do just that has always intrigued me.
~ Luke 19:10
Old 08-11-2011, 04:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB06 View Post
This is funny. Everyone complains about trolls, but then populate the threads w/ pages and pages of antagonistic, or snarky or ____-type responses. eh.

Use the troll for momentary freedom from an otherwise boring workday or ignore them in in the interest of your personal sanity, but the number of people who say don't feed the trolls and then do just that has always intrigued me.
It is an intriguing thing. I guess you are saying in the human psyche, it is in our nature to feed trolls It's like a parasite/host relationship.

The parasite (troll) feeds off the host just enough to keep them alive, while the host may enjoy a certain benefit of feeding the troll that allows them to alleviate some negativity within their system.

Hmmm

Old 08-11-2011, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
I feed the trolls, but I also want them gone when they cross the line. Some trolls are legitimately funny. No need to paint them all with one brush.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.