GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,111
0 members and 1,111 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 07:50 PM
GreekChat Member

How dare all of you

I was at a recruitment workshop with that SigEp guy that was talked about on here a month or so ago. If you would like to call the greek advisor here Beth Condor (number is online) and ask if Jill was there all afternoon. AZPhiPsi happens to be my boyfriend who shares my opinion of the things here. I am not so immature that I'd need to hide behind a different name. In fact, My name is Jill and apparently you all think that I am a huge bitch for saying it like it is. I did not shit talk, I merely stated and gave examples of how they treat people poorly, but then I did say that some of them were nice that I liked some and you all chose to ignore that I ever said that.
How is this any different then talking about the nightmare rushees? Some of these women were nightmares to me and my chapter sisters, it's a fact, they went above and beyond what would normally be classified as bitchy. And that makes ME a bad person. I suppose none of you have ever said god, I hate that girl she was so horrible to me or my friend. Cause you guys are all perfect.
All I wanted to say on that stupid thread was that no one is saying anything about them. I have never said to a PNM god don't go XYZ, I always, always say nice things. I apologize for Ryan's crude statements (cause yes he is an entirely different person than myself). He's an extremely blunt person but he does represent the fraternity view and let me just say he was a lot nicer than most fraternity guys. So maybe ASUADPi needs to have a problem with the fraternities and not the sororities.
I take great offense to the fact that you all would think that I wrote all of those things. If you took the time to read and actually think about what I wrote you'd see I was trying to explain why the ADPi's have run into problems, not simply berate them.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-15-2004, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

*grabbing popcorn* this is going to be fun to watch
Old 02-15-2004, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Like.....whoah!

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 02-15-2004, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm with Dani on this one
*pulls up a seat and gets comfy with the popcorn*
Old 02-15-2004, 08:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Wink Dayumn!

I am with Dani and Daisy...
I think we need more popcorn, in addition to raisinets and milk duds

Maybe some hot wings....
Anyone want soda? water? beer? something stronger?
Anyone want to place bets?

Quote:
Originally posted by DaisyKLP
I'm with Dani on this one
*pulls up a seat and gets comfy with the popcorn*
Old 02-15-2004, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Dayumn!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jill1228

Maybe some hot wings....
Milk duds do sound good, maybe whoppers too, those things are great. No beer for me, but how bout a slushee?
Old 02-15-2004, 08:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I'll bring the Ben and Jerry's! It looks like some drama...
Old 02-15-2004, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ajuhdg
Re: Dayumn!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jill1228

Maybe some hot wings....
Jill, could you fix me something with no chocolate, non-spicy, no garlic and no caffeine? I'm still breastfeeding...LOL!

I guess I'll make a statement first...to Jill (AXWhoah) I believe that the major beef that people have with you is your, well, uh, how bluntly you sated your opinion. We all try to be panhellenic on here, and that is often times done with a degree of tact. Remember, not everyone understands that one chapter does not represent all. I guess there was probably just a better way that you could have displayed your opinion.

Many of us don't claim to be perfect, and I'll be the first to admit that I can be quite a bitch. From reading ASUADPi's original post, I believe that she came to the forum honestly looking for advice. Any 'inside information' as to the fatal flaws of her chapter could have easily been PM'd and not broadcast here.

aj
Old 02-15-2004, 08:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Re: Re: Dayumn!

Slushy? Ask and you shall receive! B&J's sound good too! Bring on the whoppers candies

Quote:
Originally posted by DaisyKLP
Milk duds do sound good, maybe whoppers too, those things are great. No beer for me, but how bout a slushee?
Old 02-15-2004, 08:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Your people are making my day. *grabs kddani's popcorn*
Old 02-15-2004, 08:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, I'll bite.

I think it's funny that when you said nasty stuff about people, you're "just telling it like it is," but when people return the favor and point out THAT you're the one coming off poorly, they're being mean.

I think you've been around GC long enough to realize that it's a community that tries to be Panhellenic and that comments like yours -- even if they were the truth, which of course none of us know for sure -- would not be appreciated. And honestly, despite your strong feelings about this group, what would have been the harm in keeping your mouth shut? ASUADPi would have gotten some advice, and if the problem really WAS other sororities talking isht during rush hopefully measures would have been taken to correct that. And if that wasn't the problem, then nothing would have changed and maybe people would realize that they need to place blame on themselves instead of others. Either way there was no harm in her thread.

Anyway, somebody pass me the popcorn; I'm sure this thread will be deleted momentarily.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:40 PM

If some of the girls in the chapter have treated you poorly, please don't take it out on the whole chapter. I'm sure they're not ALL like that. By coming on here and making the comments that you did, it didn't make yourself look any better than those girls that are supposedly talking crap.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
this forum is not for excuses, namecalling, etc. There is a difference between 'telling it like it is' and being rude.

And to the rest of you - instead of feeding the flames, try walking away and letting the fire burn itself out.

Humph...I don't have time for this kind of bullshit at 830 on a Sunday night.

"nuff said.

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Closed Thread