GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,518
1 members and 2,517 guests
ajehnztsa1361

Old 03-24-2020, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you everyone for the kind words! My mom is still doing OK. Her symptoms fluctuate; one day she'll have a fever, the next day she won't. She'll experience aches and pains in the morning, but by dinner she's fine. It's been pretty consistent since last week, so we're hoping by this time next week, she's back to normal.

@~/~~~~
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-24-2020, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator

Love that AKA video. Just sent it to a sweet AKA friend of mine.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
Thank you everyone for the kind words! My mom is still doing OK. Her symptoms fluctuate; one day she'll have a fever, the next day she won't. She'll experience aches and pains in the morning, but by dinner she's fine. It's been pretty consistent since last week, so we're hoping by this time next week, she's back to normal.
Hoping your mommy rallies soon!!
Old 03-24-2020, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

Praying that all this goes away for her soon-
Old 03-25-2020, 06:45 PM
Administrator

ASTalumna06, I hope your Mom is doing well and recovering quickly.

Stay safe, everyone, and be sure to continue taking proper precautions.
^^^ Help Support GC ^^^
Old 03-26-2020, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Hope your mom is feeling better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChioLu View Post
UCLA is having graduation online.
So is MIT. They've scheduled an online event, and will have an in-person celebration at a date TBD.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
That is such good news. An acquaintance contracted the Virus in Jacksonville when he was visiting his daughter. He was not symptomatic until after he flew back to Ohio. His daughter was interviewed by a TV station in Jax and she had 2 friends there who have it in addition to her father. She has been tested and is awaiting results.

The father is 68 and previously was in great health. He has been on a vent for about 10 days and relying on more oxygen. His BP and HR are good. The family has been told it will be a long road to recovery for those who end up on a vent.

I'm very happy and hopeful for your mother. You and your family are in my thoughts.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Right now, #WeLoveYamiche (for journalist Yamiche Alcindor) is trending on Twitter for her press conference questions. She is an AKA.

Hope everyone is doing well. Pretty sure that the “bronchitis” I had at the end of December into January was not bronchitis. Had to go to the doctor twice and none of the prescriptions I took, did anything. My neighbor, who is an ER technician, said that 90% of the people he’s seeing in the ER that are testing positive have the same symptoms. So guess I’m happy that it’s most likely that I can’t be reinfected ...

Last edited by ChioLu; 03-30-2020 at 01:30 AM.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator

that is good news ChioLu.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:22 AM
GreekChat Member

My daughter (the Gamma Phi) in San Francisco has been suffering from the virus. She's on the downhill side of it - fever broke Thursday - but in quarantine. To add insult to injury, she is being denied unemployment because of a clerical error but cannot get through to anyone to help.
Old 03-30-2020, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Mid February: I had a dry cough that last 10 days, bought 3 bottles of cough medicine to suppress. Tightness in my chest. Temperature fluctuations , never higher than 1 degree. Lost of appetite, and lost 7 pounds. Took me nearly a month to get my appetite back. Lack of energy, but not tired or sleepy. No phlem or congestion.

DX anyone???? Unfortunately many of my employees had what I had
Old 03-30-2020, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKT4LIFE View Post
Mid February: I had a dry cough that last 10 days, bought 3 bottles of cough medicine to suppress. Tightness in my chest. Temperature fluctuations , never higher than 1 degree. Lost of appetite, and lost 7 pounds. Took me nearly a month to get my appetite back. Lack of energy, but not tired or sleepy. No phlem or congestion.

DX anyone???? Unfortunately many of my employees had what I had
Very similar here and around the same timeline!
Old 03-30-2020, 09:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKT4LIFE View Post
This was me mid-January.

When I get sick, it's always just a bad cold. But this was different, and I had exactly what you described here. I ended up going to urgent-care because of the persistent cough and heavy feeling in my chest when I'd go to work or out for a walk. They prescribed me cough medicine - said for a dry cough, the over-the-counter stuff doesn't truly work. It helped. But I was still tired, achy, no appetite, and I nearly passed out twice on my way to work on the subway and turned around and went back home. I don't know if I ever had a fever, but they took my temperature at urgent-care and said it was in the "normal range".

Many people have been saying they were sick in the same way in January and February and wonder if coronavirus started here earlier than initially reported.

In other news, my mom is finally starting to feel better. She still has the same symptoms, but they're much less severe and she thinks she's finally starting to bounce back. We're all hopeful the worst is over!

@~/~~~~
Old 03-31-2020, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator

Hooray for your mom. Wishing her continued improvement!
Old 03-31-2020, 08:32 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm glad to hear your mom is finally feeling a bit better. Yes my husband mentioned a co-worker of his had a cough and overall not feeling well. Sort of similar symptoms of what others here have described. Granted at the time his co-worker was feeling crappy getting tested would have taken an act of God. He said the co-worker came back today after being home for nearly 3 weeks (mind you part of that time the hubs job was closed for a few days). So now my husband is wondering if his co-worker did in fact have COVID-19.

Also since I want to start the day off with gratitude, I am grateful for those who are still out there and working keeping people fed, getting supplies transported, and of course all of the healthcare workers caring for the sick under some very difficult circumstances that none of us have encountered to this point.