GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,266
2 members and 1,264 guests
No Members online

Old 07-24-2012, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
Good God, learn to quote. Your posts are ridiculously obnoxious to read (in fact, worse than those without paragraph breaks).
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekeguy View Post
Good God, Learn to read! ...
You describe my posts as ridiculously obnoxious to read ...
She has a point, dekeguy. The quote function is much easier to follow than your method. Your posts are ridiculously obnoxious to read simply due to the way they're presented.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Praise Jewish Jesus, you learned how to quote.
LOL.

GC Race War 2012?
Old 07-24-2012, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Unsupported? What? You want to argue whether or not Christianity was taught to slaves through their master's lens?

I can read just fine, thanks, you're the one coming to a facts fight with idiocy.
Ah, the shrill tone of emotional overload. You know very well that my point is it is necessary to view Christianity through the lens of two thousand years and not just a very narrow aspect of opinion which may or may not have specific validity but lacks general validity.

Spare me the indignation. Your established track record of vitriol speaks volumes.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Unsupported? What? You want to argue whether or not Christianity was taught to slaves through their master's lens? "The Curse of Ham" was a common justification for slavery in its American iteration. Do you really not think that the slaves were taught this?

I can read just fine, thanks, you're the one coming to a facts fight with idiocy.
Dekeguy is being a defensive Christian. Defensive Christians are extremely annoying and unnecessary for the world's largest religion that (along with other religions) has been used by humans to justify atrocities like forms of slavery and involuntary servitude, racism, sexism, and religious intolerance.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Ah, the shrill tone of emotional overload. You know very well that my point is it is necessary to view Christianity through the lens of two thousand years and not just a very narrow aspect of opinion which may or may not have specific validity but lacks general validity.

Spare me the indignation. Your established track record of vitriol speaks volumes.
There's no shrill here, but thanks for the gendered insult. It's not necessary to view anything through 2,000 years. Sorry. 2,000 years don't cancel out the horrible shit that's been done (and is still being done) in the name of Christianity. You may wish it so, but that does not make it so.

This is not exclusive to Christianity. If one cannot view their own religion through a critical lens, they're being blinded.

Quote:
Dekeguy is being a defensive Christian. Defensive Christians are extremely annoying and unnecessary for the world's largest religion that (along with other religions) has been used by humans to justify atrocities like forms of slavery and involuntary servitude, racism, sexism, and religious intolerance.
Preach.

Last edited by agzg; 07-24-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
LOL.

GC Race War 2012?
LOL. This isn't entertaining enough to be a GC Race War.

But, here goes nothing:

Old 07-24-2012, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
LOL. This isn't entertaining enough to be a GC Race War.

But, here goes nothing:

Poor color blind cat.

It's not a race war until someone's [insert race] card has been taken away.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Guys and Gals,

I'll have to pick this up tomorrow. I have a Skeleton Argument to file tomorrow and I need to get it ready for submission.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I have a Skeleton Argument to file
I hate it when people try to earn points because of their profession. If it's important to the discussion, then fine, bring it up. But to bring it up just for the sake of being a braggart - poo on you.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Poor color blind cat.

It's not a race war until someone's [insert race] card has been taken away.
I took Iota Man's Black Card pages ago for his lack of consciousness.

WWJBD? (What Would James Brown Do?)

Quote:
Guys and Gals,

I'll have to pick this up tomorrow. I have a Skeleton Argument to file tomorrow and I need to get it ready for submission.
Spare us the flounce.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyK View Post
I hate it when people try to earn points because of their profession. If it's important to the discussion, then fine, bring it up. But to bring it up just for the sake of being a braggart - poo on you.
Not only that, announcing departure is stupid. Just go away and come back when you have time to post. That is what the rest of us do. Dekeguy probably thought that we cared and would take his silence as avoidance.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Not only that, announcing departure is stupid. Just go away and come back when you have time to post. That is what the rest of us do. Dekeguy probably thought that we cared and would take his silence as avoidance.
This isn't a chat room - people could not respond for days and I'd never think anything of it. It's not like I know whether or not someone is online.

So strange. But it's cool, I'm "shrill" I guess now. I guess that's better than a ball-busting bitch.

Quote:
I took Iota Man's Black Card pages ago for his lack of consciousness.

WWJBD? (What Would James Brown Do?)
Can he earn it back for calling out something that actually was foul as hell?

Also, and I'm just going to edit because I'm the last post in the thread currently, thank you for the paragraph breaks, Andre Turner!

Last edited by agzg; 07-24-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Yes, absolutely. Announcing departure = message board fail. And he probably would assume that we perceive his silence as avoidance.

Quote:
So strange. But it's cool, I'm "shrill" I guess now. I guess that's better than a ball-busting bitch.
How is one "shrill" in type anyway?
Still, as a spectator, I think I'd prefer to see a ball-busting bitch in action as opposed to someone simply being shrill. smh. Shrill. How boring.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyK View Post
Yes, absolutely. Announcing departure = message board fail. And he probably would assume that we perceive his silence as avoidance.

How is one "shrill" in type anyway?
Still, as a spectator, I think I'd prefer to see a ball-busting bitch in action as opposed to someone simply being shrill. smh. Shrill. How boring.
I'm not 100% sure but apparently falling on the side of "this is accepted as historical fact" and owning a uterus makes one shrill?

I'm sorry - we're going by the 2,000 year old Christian lens, here, I don't actually own my own uterus. My dad does. When live-in and I get married, he will own it. This is the Christian tradition, no? 2,000 years old? I will accept no newer truths than 2,000 years old.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
This isn't a chat room - people could not respond for days and I'd never think anything of it. It's not like I know whether or not someone is online.

I have to leave this thread, click on another thread, and eventually log off to do life things. In the meantime....

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg
Can he earn it back for calling out something that actually was foul as hell?

Also, and I'm just going to edit because I'm the last post in the thread currently, thank you for the paragraph breaks, Andre Turner!
He can earn it back if he displays a familiarity with what Andre Turner is saying.

Last edited by DrPhil; 07-24-2012 at 05:57 PM.