GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 2,033
0 members and 2,033 guests
No Members online

Old 10-14-2010, 11:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations!! I LOVED your story not because you are now an AXO, but because it was honest and endearing. I loved the ending part and especially that you DIDN"T GIVE UP!
Old 10-14-2010, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations! Is it okay to publicly share the other two groups whose pref parties you attended, or do you prefer all info be in a PM??

Go Frogs!
Old 10-14-2010, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Am I reading correctly that the party order is 11-9-6-3? That is an interesting break down and quite different from when I was an active. Does TCU us RFM? It just seems that type of set-up flies in the face of RFM which is designed to get PNMs to look at chapters that they might not otherwise. Being able to attend more than half the chapters on campus the day before pref just seems... odd. I can imagine that the drop-off from 6 to 3 can really catch some PNMs off guard who have had successful recruitments up to that point.

When I was there, the order went 10/9-6-4-3. This was prior to RFM and there were 3 groups who notoriously held onto PNMs through 3rd round "just cause." In fact, if I am guessing correctly, the one that "hoped to see you tomorrow" for Bid Day was one of them.

I am so sorry that you experienced the whole "hope to see you tomorrow" business. There were 4 groups who were notorious for that when I was there, but nothing ever happened to them. Punishment was always just a fine, which for those particular groups wasn't a big deal because they budgeted for it prior to rush. It saddens me that this continues, when there are so many other groups who follow the rules.

Again, so thrilled that you have found a happy home with Alpha Chi Omega, and thanks again for sharing your story.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats to you and AXO! This was a wonderful story, and I hope that many other PNMs will read it and learn from it.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie93 View Post

I am so sorry that you experienced the whole "hope to see you tomorrow" business. There were 4 groups who were notorious for that when I was there, but nothing ever happened to them. Punishment was always just a fine, which for those particular groups wasn't a big deal because they budgeted for it prior to rush. It saddens me that this continues, when there are so many other groups who follow the rules.
Um yes....my cousins step sister who just went through had this happen to her...and I'm going to guess that with it's the same group your thinking of.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
We were always told that "I hope to see you tomorrow" was okay, because you were speaking for yourself, and not making any promises as to what the chapter would do.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

We were always told on my campus "I hope to see you tomorrow" was OK only at Pref, so long as you said "I" and not "We".

Froggie, welcome to Alpha Chi Omega and Happy Founders' Day! I hope you enjoy your time in Alpha Chi as much as I'm still enjoying mine nearly ten years down the road!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I LOVE your story! Congratulations on finding a wonderful home! The best is yet to come!
Old 10-14-2010, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

You are a special person froggiegirl and wise beyond your years. Have a wonderful college experience with your sisters at Alpha Chi Omega!
Old 10-15-2010, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Welcome to our amazing sisterhood!! And happy Founder's Day!! You have a great attitude and I am blessed to have someone so classy as a sister.

"To see beauty even in the common things of life..."
Old 07-02-2020, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Here's a wonderful TCU story!