GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 314,136
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, bmilesqdrky159
» Online Users: 160
1 members and 159 guests
No Members online

Old 12-18-2001, 02:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool it's shopping time! What is your favorite handbag?

It is shopping time, and I have decided that my sister (biological) needs a Kate Spade because I just adore mine. The only problem I have is that I have a Sam, and she would need something bigger. I am looking for something just a little bit bigger than a Sam but smaller than a bucket bag. (She is starting high school next year, and even though I know this is a bit extravagent, I can't help myself.)

Does anyone have any suggestions? What is your favorite handbag? It can be a different brand ~ I am always open to new suggestions! Happy holidays!
Old 12-18-2001, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I recieved my Kate Spade black SAM bag last year for Xmas. I think it's an awesome purse! It goes with everything. I also have a Kate Spade black messenger for all my books. I had to order it directly from their Connecticut store.

I absolutely adore the Kate Spade glazed leather Sydney in black...
Old 12-18-2001, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
For a day bag, I just purchased a Saks Fifth Avenue Italian leather bag at a jobber in SoCal for approximately a quarter of its retail price. The bag is in the Hermes Birkin style, which is roomy and very classy. It has handles, gold hardware, a lock.

The real Hermes Birkins cost between $5,300 and $18,000 in the United States. Just a wee bit much, don't you think?
Old 12-18-2001, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

What about the nylon shopper -- Neiman Marcus has them, and they are just a little bigger than the Sam. It has a zipper, too, which is always good. I was just having the same problem -- looking for something a little bigger than the Sam; I have a Sydney and a Sam, but they're both getting to be a little too small for me. So, being very, very naughty, I ordered myself a Louis Vuitton Cabas Mezzo. I can't wait to get it!

If you want to check out some cute, less expensive bags, LeSportsac has some nice stuff -- www.lesportsac.com.

Here's a link to the Neiman Marcus Kate Spade nylon collection:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...navAction=jump
Old 12-18-2001, 03:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
I have a canvas Kate Spade-- not quite as big as the shopper, but bigger than the same. Its creme with black on the bottom --I use it when travelling as my book, journal, cd player, wallet and phone all fit in it with no problem.

I use the KS Messenger bag to carry my laptop. Only problem is the strap keeps breaking from the weight!

Last edited by amycat412; 12-18-2001 at 07:47 PM.
Old 12-18-2001, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Santa just dropped off a new KS, she is Creme & Black Striped on top with a Black canvas bottom, red iniside. She is the perfect size(vertical bucket), big enough to fit my wallet, checkbook, and papers and such. It works out well for work and I love the canvas, it's durable and will work season after season.

That size bag will be great for school purposes! KS also makes great day timers too, that would be a great gift as well!

www.katespade.com/collection/nav.html

(monaco collection)

Last edited by LexiKD; 12-18-2001 at 04:41 PM.
Old 12-18-2001, 04:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
On ebay, I just bought my friend the cutest little bag with Chi Omega letters on it (obviously, she's a XO!). It's VERY small, but it's so cute, I couldn't resist.
Old 12-18-2001, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a kate spade that I don't use much but will probably bring out for the holidays. I want a coach that has been discontinued. If anyone sees a style 9076 let me know!

(Can you tell I'm a tad obsessed?)
Old 12-18-2001, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy Alas...

My favorite purse is the beautiful Gucci purse that got stolen from me. It had dark brown leather, and was tan with red and green stripe down the middle. It was the perfect purse, and now I am sad
Old 12-18-2001, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

lol, by the way-- how to spot a fake SAM--

Fake Sams usually have the 4 metal feet on the bottom of them. (check out ebay- not only are most of them fake, some of them have the ugliest patterns lol)

KS's other purses (Sydney) have the 4 feet on them, but not the SAM!
Old 12-18-2001, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
Quote:
Originally posted by AlphaGam1019

Fake Sams usually have the 4 metal feet on the bottom of them. (check out ebay- not only are most of them fake, some of them have the ugliest patterns lol)

Also check the offering prices. The higher priced purses, I find, are more likely to be genuine.
Old 12-18-2001, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
Quote:
Originally posted by AlphaGam1019

Good to know! thanks!

Amy
Old 12-18-2001, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Actually, some of the Sams do have metal feet -- the noel weave Sam from the fashion collection has metal feet.

As for ebay, I would only ever buy anything if it is guaranteed authentic and the seller will accept a return if it's not. If it's not guaranteed authentic, I don't even look at it.
Old 12-18-2001, 05:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I love my Limited purse. It's black with leather accents and has two short straps. (I hate long, over-the-shoulder straps.) Plenty of room to carry makeup as well as money and my ID, plus it's got 2 secret compartments inside for personal items.

I've also got the matching wallet.

Best of all, I got both the purse and wallet during a sale so I didn't have to pay the regular high prices for them!
Old 12-18-2001, 05:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sue_XO Send a message via Yahoo to Sue_XO
I just got the new Coach with the "c" logo on it. It is big and has enough pockets for the cell, blackberry, palm, pens & keys! I thought the "c" logo was too cheesy but my sister says everyone in NYC is carrying it so I thought if any place has taste- it is the Big Apple!