GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,893
0 members and 1,893 guests
No Members online

Old 03-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Except that the movies we want to see are almost never available for streaming.

I think we may cancel and stream through Amazon.
I feel you. The selection isn't really a large one, but when I was getting the movies through the mail, the selection was bigger, but still not as big as I thought is was going to be. I didn't know you can stream through Amazon. How would I hook that up to my tv, though?
Old 03-05-2012, 07:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Best guess is that if you have a video card with an hdmi out or any kind of a dvi out port you can hook up your pc to hour television and it would then act as a monitor. I have one of my desktops acting in that capacity now.
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 03-05-2012, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen1aur 1963 View Post
I feel you. The selection isn't really a large one, but when I was getting the movies through the mail, the selection was bigger, but still not as big as I thought is was going to be. ?
Yep. Ditto. At first (when I first joined), I loved Netflix, but I eventually ran out of things to watch. I dunno, it just seemed like I watched most if not all of my interests, and then the choices really got slim. I still like Netflix, because of the convenience, it's just that I wish they had a much bigger selection.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 03-05-2012, 09:21 PM
GreekChat Member

We watched Letters to Zachary last night. Talk about intense. Darn you, Canada, and your lame extradition laws.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen1aur 1963 View Post
I didn't know you can stream through Amazon. How would I hook that up to my tv, though?
We do it same way as with Netflix -- wifi through the BluRay player.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

What's nice about this thread vs. GreekChat.com "current" movie reviews, is we can see posts about movies on here that might interest us, and then go directly online to watch it.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm getting ready to watch a movie called "Seven Days to Live". I hope it's good.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
We do it same way as with Netflix -- wifi through the BluRay player.
Hey MC, what brand blu ray player do you have? Does it come with built in wifi?
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 03-07-2012, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
I'm getting ready to watch a movie called "Seven Days to Live". I hope it's good.
Sucked. It was another one of those foreign movies. I hate foreign movies.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

"The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall" (2011)
- We loved it, but then we have every version we have ever seen. Lots of HD/DVD extras.

at a RedBox kiosk near you.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2077886/
Old 03-08-2012, 08:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
Hey MC, what brand blu ray player do you have? Does it come with built in wifi?
Sony. And yes.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Sony. And yes.
Hmmm...I didn't know Sony had an Amazon app, probably because we tend to go straight to Netflix and Crackle when we use it. I will have to check mine when I get home.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
Hmmm...I didn't know Sony had an Amazon app, probably because we tend to go straight to Netflix and Crackle when we use it. I will have to check mine when I get home.
It may vary by model, but ours will stream Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, YouTube . . . .
Old 03-08-2012, 12:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm almost regretting asking for a Roku player because I almost never use it. The Netflix pickin's are slim as far as choices I like on instant stream. But I've been getting into some TV series (Luther is up next) and I found some gospel plays I'd like to see. I think I'll keep it after all but I'm decreasing my plan--I don't use it enough to warrant 2 CDs at a time.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 03-08-2012, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
It may vary by model, but ours will stream Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, YouTube . . . .
We love out Sony Blu Ray Player and all the things it can do, even the ones it can do for free like YouTube. Set up a you tube account, create play lists, and then pick from your play list using the remote. The search function using the remote is difficult at best though. If you have to search or want to stream from a web site, best to have a computer connected to your amplifier and route it to your HDTV that way.