GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,336
3 members and 1,333 guests
chi-o_cat, Cookiez17, JayhawkAOII

Old 07-11-2007, 08:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Wedding shoes

Ever since I stumbled across this site, I decided I had to have some of these kind of shoes for my wedding. For one, my fiance is an inch shorter than me, and for two, I couldnt find any cute sandals with low/no heels. Besides, I'm one of those people who likes lots of tradition, but likes to do alot of stuff different too.

The thing i didn't like about the shoes posted on the link above was the fact that it didnt cover the back of my heel. So...I searched. And i found this site. Some of the shoes were WAY too...embellished for my taste, so I asked for something simple. Here is the final product:

I just wanted to post this info in case any of you were looking for something "different" for your big day.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:08 AM
GC Member

Send a message via AIM to OneTimeSBX Send a message via Yahoo to OneTimeSBX
how cute!

i am the exact same height as my fiance (we are both a whopping 5ft5) and i am stuck with the same decision: tower over him in a pair of super gorgeous 3 inch heels, or do a flat. i am still stuck on what to do, hell i already bought the heels and have NO INTENTION of returning them, so much that i tore up the receipt lol...this may be a great alternative since nobody will see them anyway.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:17 AM
GreekChat Member

WOW.

Are you doing an 80's themed wedding?
Old 07-11-2007, 09:20 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm sorry...I'm really trying to wrap my mind around this...

You paid $50 for a pair of Keds with ribbon for laces and some sequins glued on?

$11.99 and a trip to Walmart would have gotten you the same result...
Old 07-11-2007, 09:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Um, do you two not have anything better to do with your time than to be snarky little internet brats?

For the record, NO, I'm not having an 80s wedding. The color matches my bridesmaids dresses, thanks. And TWO, if I had tried to do them myself, from lame@$$ walmart, where I refuse to shop because it's TRASH, they would have looked like trash. So yes, I paid $50 for a pair of shoes because I could and I felt like it.

Seriously. Grow up. If you dont have anything nice to say, why say it? I posted links in case someone else might be interested the same way I was, and you little monsters decided to be cruel. *claps* good for you. You have mastered the art of being an internet bully. Makes me wonder what kind of freak you are IRL.

Last edited by amanda6035; 07-11-2007 at 09:43 AM. Reason: typos
Old 07-11-2007, 09:45 AM
GreekChat Member

I thought they had very valid questions. Anyway, why do you post on the internet if you expect everyone to be all *sunshine & rainbows*? If you don't want to read what other people post then its best not to post here in the first place. Otherwise, move on & get used to it. It is just the internet after all. What we say has no real bearing on your wedding or your marriage or your life, so take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited by _Lisa_; 07-11-2007 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Here's your ball, you can take it and go home if you like.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
If I ever get married, my bridesmaids are wearing flip flops. I will also be wearing flip flops.

I want to enjoy my day, not be in pain. I can't wear heels, even though I am 5'2. Plus, if you have a long dress, no one will see!

KLTC
Old 07-11-2007, 10:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM_Mama00 View Post
If I ever get married, my bridesmaids are wearing flip flops. I will also be wearing flip flops.

I want to enjoy my day, not be in pain. I can't wear heels, even though I am 5'2. Plus, if you have a long dress, no one will see!
My sister bought cheap flip-flops & decorated them (OMG with items from Wal-Mart!) so that we'd all have something cute, customized, & comfortable to wear around the reception. For the actual wedding though, we wore any kind of shoe that was appropriate for our dresses as long as they matched.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Lisa_ View Post
My sister bought cheap flip-flops & decorated them (OMG with items from Wal-Mart!) so that we'd all have something cute, customized, & comfortable to wear around the reception. For the actual wedding though, we wore any kind of shoe that was appropriate for our dresses as long as they matched.
My cousin bought the bridesmaids slippers for the reception! I thought it was a cute idea, but it would have been weird to wear them, or anything else casual, for a fancy church wedding. I think we dyed shoes for the wedding itself.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:38 AM
GreekChat Member

I had wooden sandals with lilac straps that matched my dress. I think I got them on clearance for $7, and no one saw them all day.

My bridesmaid's dresses were black and white, and they had no problem getting black shoes to match.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM_Mama00 View Post

PM - A few words of caution...

If you and the gals are all wearing flip flops, it will sound horrible as you all walk down the aisle. Maybe for later at the reception, but they can suck it up for a few minutes at the ceremony (IMO).

Also, you ALWAYS see the shoes even with a long dress. A properly hemmed dress will barely skim the floor and have enough room to let your foot escape out the front as you walk. All the pics of my walking down the aisle or dancing, you can absolutely see my shoes.

Just something to think about...
Old 07-11-2007, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
I bought beautiful strappy heels to wear for my wedding. Unfortunately, the the day before the rehearsal dinner, I dropped our signature frame on my foot and couldn't wear the heels. So I ended up wearing my reception shoes for the ceremony too! I was comfortable all day long!

Last edited by LeslieAGD; 07-11-2007 at 01:45 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Ballerina slippers work well too...I had a friend buy a pair of really cute ones online and wore those the whole night.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:34 AM
GC Member

Send a message via AIM to OneTimeSBX Send a message via Yahoo to OneTimeSBX
Quote:
Originally Posted by xo_kathy View Post
PM - A few words of caution...

If you and the gals are all wearing flip flops, it will sound horrible as you all walk down the aisle. Maybe for later at the reception, but they can suck it up for a few minutes at the ceremony (IMO).
that totally hadnt crossed my mind. makes complete sense though.