GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2002, 11:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
OMG! I know a girl who did that too! She said she didn't want a letter on each boob so she dropped the two 3-letter organizations.

And before i rushed, i wrote in my rush notebook thati decided that i liked AZD's colors the most and that two of the GLO's had similar colors and i wanted to stand out....i was so rediculous!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-17-2002, 11:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to EagleChick19
Quote:
Originally posted by LeslieAGD
I have a good one...

I know a girl who cut Sigma Kappa and Delta Zeta because she thought the "two letter sororities" block letters would make everyone stare at her boobs. The "three letter sororities" block letters would look more "even."

Reading that one was making me laugh hilariously!!
Old 07-17-2002, 12:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Another good one...

When I was a Rho Chi, (sorry recruitment counselor) I heard a lot of the PNM's saying that they only wanted GLO's that had 3 letters instead of only 2 because "it sounded more greek"...

oh please!
Old 07-17-2002, 12:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I have a good one...

I know a girl who cut Sigma Kappa and Delta Zeta because she thought the "two letter sororities" block letters would make everyone stare at her boobs. The "three letter sororities" block letters would look more "even."
ROFLMAO!! This is the best thing I've heard all day!! Thank you!!
Old 07-17-2002, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Quote:
Originally posted by ChiOJenn78
ROFLMAO!! This is the best thing I've heard all day!! Thank you!!
You're welcome, hehe
Old 07-17-2002, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I remember when I went through rush one of the girls mentioned that she didn't like Phi Sigma Sigma because she thought that the double Sigma looked funny. Some people are just stupid
Old 07-17-2002, 01:01 PM
GreekChat Member

One of my sisters (I'll call her Jane) cut DG after second round (of three). In that round, they did a skit and then showed the PNM's all their cute DG paraphernalia. Her host pulled out her Hannah doll and Jane almost ran away screaming...she is TERRIFIED of clowns and anything that resembles them. That night, she cut them.

Although I was pretty sure after round one that I wasn't meant to be a DG, I knew it for certain during round two: My hostess, who was being very nice even though I was having an attack of the stupids and couldn't think of anything to say, showed me her "love book." I don't know if all DG chapters do this, but the one at my school has big sisters take blank books and fill them with fun memories, poems, pictures, etc. and present them to their littles at initiation. I AM THE WORLD'S WORST ARTIST! I was banned from sign-making during my years as an active!! I took one look at that book, told her it was beautiful, which it was, and knew right then and there I was not going to be a DG. The thought of having to make one for my future little sis was not something I could deal with.
Old 07-17-2002, 01:16 PM

Quote:
I have a good one...

We had a couple big boobed sisters in ASA, so the "Sigma" would end up in the valley, so to speak, and we'd have smartass guys saying "nice Alphas." Hey dude, it was funny the first time around but after that it gets old.
Old 07-17-2002, 01:52 PM
GreekChat Member

About the whole 2 letter vs. 3 letter thing, I also thought it was weird at first to only have 2 letters. But of course, now I am biased and like 2 better than 3! At some greek stores, they charge you by the letter, so only having 2 letters can save you $$$!
Old 07-17-2002, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ShaedyKD
About the whole 2 letter vs. 3 letter thing, I also thought it was weird at first to only have 2 letters. But of course, now I am biased and like 2 better than 3! At some greek stores, they charge you by the letter, so only having 2 letters can save you $$$!
Having only 2 letters can be an added benefit, especially with all of the shirts that I have had to purchase, and living on a poor college student's budget.
Old 07-17-2002, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KappaStargirl
Although I was pretty sure after round one that I wasn't meant to be a DG, I knew it for certain during round two: My hostess, who was being very nice even though I was having an attack of the stupids and couldn't think of anything to say, showed me her "love book." I don't know if all DG chapters do this, but the one at my school has big sisters take blank books and fill them with fun memories, poems, pictures, etc. and present them to their littles at initiation. I AM THE WORLD'S WORST ARTIST! I was banned from sign-making during my years as an active!! I took one look at that book, told her it was beautiful, which it was, and knew right then and there I was not going to be a DG. The thought of having to make one for my future little sis was not something I could deal with.
LOL!!! I'd probably have done the same thing since I can't draw worth a crap either!
Old 07-17-2002, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
Quote:
Originally posted by AOX81
I remember when I went through rush one of the girls mentioned that she didn't like Phi Sigma Sigma because she thought that the double Sigma looked funny. Some people are just stupid
Hehe, I always thought that... Im a HUGE fan of things being symetrical (I CANT SPELL) and I always looked at my letters and think of ways to make them "more even" - eh, it dosent bother me too much anymore....
Old 07-17-2002, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Even though I didn't cut anyone for bad reasons (well, I cut one sorority b/c there was one girl in it that I couldn't stand, and she ended up dropping later on, anyway...) I have a confession to make... to the girl who said that the DG anchor/sailor thing was a bit too much (we don't wear sailor hats at my chapter... they used to, but not anymore).. I'm deathly afraid of our Hannah dolls. They are EVERYWHERE in our chapter room! When we were first new members, we used to call her "psycho doll" because she was like Chuckie... just kind of appeared at the corner of pictures and stuff... YIKES!!! Well, as I pledged and learned the meaning, I fear her a little less, though I do admit, there are only two Hannah dolls in my room (mine and my roommate's), and I use mine to freak my roommate out late at night. I've done it to her so many times, but she's still scared to death when I peek it over the side of the bunk at her. Fun times, DG!
Old 07-17-2002, 05:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ivysis
On the 2 vs. 3 letter thing.... the shorts with letters on the backside are really popular at my old school. Us 2 lettereds have it better because you really cant fit 3 on your butt!
Old 07-17-2002, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

MOWEST, welcome to the Craziest site in the world! Was at NW until they kicked me out! No sense of humor, damn mornons!

Well all I know is In Oct 17 th the BearCats and the Gorillas will rumble in ArrowHead! I will be there, look for me in the LXA group on the N side of stadium for tail gate! Oh by the way I am an Alum from PSU!

We are working on trying to get KC area GCers toghether for todys and BS, You in?

PM me and will give you my e-m!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Closed Thread