GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,204
2 members and 1,202 guests
navane, speedsters

Old 02-26-2003, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 33girl

I think the "butt/alphabet" quote was a HUGE JOKE taken out of context.
Me too! It appeared that the quote was still from rush, not during the pledging process -- and I doubt that they would have expected these girls to memorize the Greek alphabet before they even become pledges. I assumed it was just a joke the sorority girl was making to put the rushee more at ease before her interview.

The interviews would freak me out, though! I'm glad I went through NPC formal rush, where the pressure is on the sorority members to get to know the rushees and not vice versa.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

*excuse me, a lil hijack here*

Is there any relation between the fraternity AEPi and the sorority SAEPi? They're both traditionally Jewish and they have similar names.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 02-26-2003, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dionysus
*excuse me, a lil hijack here*

Is there any relation between the fraternity AEPi and the sorority SAEPi? They're both traditionally Jewish and they have similar names.
Yes.

http://www.sigmaaepi.com/html/history.html

(See specifically the section "The Name.")

I am all over this thread tonight . . . haha.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to snuggles12
I'm glad this season that they selected a sorority and fraternity that was not afraid of not taking everyone. These 2 organizations actually have a selection process which the 1st season did not have. Kudos to the sorority for letting everyone know that just because you are a legacy does not mean that you will automatically get a bid.

Quote:
Originally posted by NOWorNEVER
I think I like the DZO sisters because they don't take junk and it seems like they're going to make pledges work hard to earn a place in their sisterhood.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to prospectiverushee
My comments,

Nicole- I'm glad they decided to invite her back for the interview round. She should be interresting. I'm glad that during the rush events, the sisters made it a point to say that nobody is guaranteed a bid. Nicole was walking around thinking she had a bid cause she's a legacy. Do you think the sisters of DZO felt pressured to rush Nicole because she is a legacy? Cause I got the impression that they didn't seem all that thrilled that they would possibly have a pledge class that had 2 legacies.

The social chair-Get a grip hon. You tell the PNM's to be themsleves, but then you get made cause a certain PNM didn't say hello to you

This should be an intersting season
Old 02-27-2003, 12:37 AM

Wouldn't it be a strange world if everyone was perfect? I'm sure every single one of us has done stuff that we're not so proud of. Some of the stuff is probably a lot worse than what is said below. I just feel bad for people on these reality shows. Their dirty laundry gets aired to the whole world by people who have their own demons to battle with.

Quote:
Originally posted by camelsrule510
A little story regarding Fraternity and Sorority that a friend sent to me........

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
I attended the University at Buffalo from the fall of 2000
until just before the semester that they filmed the shows. One of my closest friends was Ass-Clown George's roommate during our freshman year. Because i know him personally, i can tell you, George is truly an Ass-Clown among other things. At one point, Georgey Boy thought it would be "cool" and a "smart financial move" to sell weed. Unfortunately, me and George's
roommate, hereinafter (Name Deleted), found his stash and smoked for free for about two months until his supply ran out. Way to go George, thanks for getting me high bud. On one particular night, George had returned home and fallen asleep, after (Name Deleted) and I had already smoked and I left. I was down the hall in my room when (Name Deleted) came running in laughing his ass off. Apparently there
was something hilarious I had to see in (Name Deleted) room. So I followed him to his room and sure enough, I laughed my ass off. There was ol' George laying there with his... how should i put it... package hanging out of his boxers. George was out cold, so (Name Deleted) and I thought it would be a good idea to call his friend (Female Name Deleted) and tell her that there was something we had to show her. Sure enough she came down and saw more of the Ass-Clown than she had wanted to. Ironically enough, (Female Name Deleted) was a member of the Delta Xi Omega sorority. Now, about Amy, the Vice President. (Name Deleted), you remember (Name Deleted), had had his way with her many times. Believe me, he told me every time. One day, he actually showed up with her thong. Now, if you've seen Shallow Hal, you know what i'm talking about. Talia, i know about four or five guys that have banged her. She is actually a real nut case. She needs to be locked up in a padded room. That's about it. If i think of anything else incriminating i will definitely let you know... wait, i thought of something... All of the people pledging would never pledge unless MTV was involved.
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Just thought this was pretty funny...

Camel Cigarettes Rule
Old 02-27-2003, 01:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DELTAQTE Send a message via Yahoo to DELTAQTE
Quote:
Originally posted by NOWorNEVER
Hmmm...mine too. Especially the ones I am more familiar with.
Co sign!lol!

I like this season WAY better. True some of the sisters(Janel) are being a little bit touchy. but I like that they are selective and that they are letting the legacies know that just because you are one, doesn't mean you will get a bid.

good stuff!

QTE
Old 02-27-2003, 02:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PhiMuLady150
Apparently the preview of next week seems to imply hazing?
"Stick your butt out the window and say the Greek Alphabet..."

Hi, I'm a sister of DZO, and I just wanted to clarify, that the preview was COMPLETELY taken out of context. Of course, we only can pray that editing will show everyone laughing after nikki says it.

I hope that everyone enjoys what is to come. All I can say is that we had a lot of fun taping, and worked hard to try and place an emphasis on the positive aspects of greek life.
Old 02-27-2003, 03:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DELTAQTE Send a message via Yahoo to DELTAQTE
Quote:
Originally posted by DZOsis
Hi, I'm a sister of DZO, and I just wanted to clarify, that the preview was COMPLETELY taken out of context. Of course, we only can pray that editing will show everyone laughing after nikki says it.

I hope that everyone enjoys what is to come. All I can say is that we had a lot of fun taping, and worked hard to try and place an emphasis on the positive aspects of greek life.
Well from what I've seen, you've done nothing wrong, you respect your sorority and you want others to respect the sorority and you. good stuff cause I hate fakeness.

QTE
Old 02-27-2003, 08:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DZOsis

If you're a sister of DZO, isn't it in your contract with MTV that you're not allowed to talk about the show until it's over? That's standard with any show like this, and I know that there was such a contract last season.
Old 02-27-2003, 10:14 AM
GreekChat Member

I personally adore these girls! As for being cranky, well.....maybe being chosen to be on SL seemed like a good idea at the time, but can you imagine the reality of having MTV follow you around constantly! *shivers*
Old 02-27-2003, 10:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kddani
If you're a sister of DZO, isn't it in your contract with MTV that you're not allowed to talk about the show until it's over? That's standard with any show like this, and I know that there was such a contract last season.

We are not allowed to give out any information about the show. Like I cannot come in here and tell who which rushees get a bid, and so on. Anything that would give away a plot for the show is forbidden.
Old 02-27-2003, 12:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Isn't it funny this is the second season of Sorority Life and this is also the second season somebody from the "show" supposenly comes on here to respond to out comments?
Old 02-27-2003, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Honestly? I don't think it's that strange. GC has almost 30,000 members. And it's not too much of a stretch to think that somebody who was the subject of a very popular Greek-based TV show would search for popular Greek webpages and come across this one. It's not like the "Sorority Life" stars are normal celebrities, with hugely busy schedules and workouts and appearances. Once the show stops filming, they're just normal college students just like us.

I'm not going to say whether I think it's really a member of DZO or not, because I really don't care all that much. I think it's just sad that as soon as somebody comes onto this site claiming to be a member of one of these sororities, there's a huge witch hunt to "expose" her as a fake. Either believe her or don't believe her, but it's not like she has to "prove" herself to us.
Old 02-27-2003, 01:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Kudos to kddani and zntke. What I find stranger is that this person is familiar w/ the "functions". Seldomly does a new member discover how to use Greek letters in their sig so quickly.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?