GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 1,457
1 members and 1,456 guests
Titchou

Old 04-10-2001, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Look over your shoulder, I could be right behind ya!
Quote:
Originally posted by juniorgrrl:
I also don't think Clinton was responsible for all the good times in the past. Alan Greenspan (I love that guy) is a genius and he is responsible for a lot of good times - after all, the President doesn't control interest rates!

Funny how the economy was doing just fine until Bush was elected....Hmm!! LEFT WING, I mean, RIGHT WING, I mean, ah heck!It's all just a BULLCRAP CONSPIRACY!!! DOWN WITH BUSH IN 2004!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-10-2001, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Liberal democrat here!!
Old 04-10-2001, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
I just realized that Greeks are not stereotypical. The media always potrayed us as a Young Republican Yuppie groups. If they see my chapter, we look more like the ACLU and Greenpeace then College Republicans. Again, the media potraying groups according to stereotype.

By the way, if you mistrust the media as I do, check out this site:
http://www.fair.org.

Old 04-10-2001, 09:34 PM

I believe in as little government as possible. I believe in women's right to choose, really truly life imprisonment instead of capital punishment, and I think school choice is the crappiest idea I've ever heard of.

I am registered Republican mostly because of my parents - my mother was a committewoman and where I'm from you DO NOT register differently from your parents - but I really don't like to put a label on what I am. Since being a Rep is almost a "rebellious" thing these days, I'll keep it.

And finally, I voted for W, if for no other reason than the fact that Gore looks like a baked potato. I didn't want to spend 4 years throwing sour cream and chives at the TV set.
Old 04-10-2001, 09:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Here's a shocker!!!!

I'm registered Republican...

Why some of you may ask? 'Cuz at least they tell you they don't like you from jump, so you know where the haters are... Besides, you know they will neva, eva try to be nice to you or be your friend so, you ain't gotta beat around the Bushes...

But I was one of those undercounted, pregnant chads in SoCal, fall 2000.

If anything. I'm miss the Reagancomics-Quayle years. COMEDY at it's best!!! You just can't make up some good chit like that anymore!!!

And as fo Mr. P.Funk All Stars, playaz cardz, got slammin' dice game, no-sexin-the Champagne Room Pimp Master Flex Bill Clinton. I say, play that funky musique wh--boy! And shate ya thang--sho me watcha workin' wit...

Ichy-gitchy-ya-ya-lala. Mocha-Chakalata, ha-ha... Voulez, vous-couchez avec moi, ce soir?

Oochie-wallie wallie, oochie bang-bang. He really, really...

He gets the Mackadocious of the Millennium Award at the "Pimps Up, Hoes' Down" Playaz Bawl...

Asunder from that, I'll just smoke up a phat one for the Gipper, neva tell and forgot to ask, rollin' up on my phat lo-lo, and keep it really, real till the Mothership Connection... Peace!
Old 04-11-2001, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

LOL!!! okay okay.. Did anyone see the comericals for thats my bush for tomarrow night. Guess what the fraternity's letters are??? Beta Sigma Delta. BSD. This stands for Bush Sucks Dick. hahahahahahaha
Old 04-11-2001, 12:37 AM
GreekChat Member

o'kay im totally oblivious about this whole thing.. i think ya'll are talking about bush?!! i like him! i partied with his daughter the weekend before they left for the inaguration. i didn't know she was barbara bush till someone told me b/c she doesnt flaunt her popularity! i totally respect that!
Old 04-12-2001, 10:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bebe_cHiCk17:
o'kay im totally oblivious about this whole thing.. i think ya'll are talking about bush?!! i like him! i partied with his daughter the weekend before they left for the inaguration. i didn't know she was barbara bush till someone told me b/c she doesnt flaunt her popularity! i totally respect that!
Correct me if I'm wrong, which I very well may be, but I didn't think Dubya had a daughter named Barbara, just a mom. She must be looking *dang* good for 70-some to pass for a college student LOL

And as for the topic...I'm a registered Republican as well
Old 04-12-2001, 10:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Although I voted for Bush, I do like the Democrats' views on some issues. I guess you could say I'm a liberal Republican. Sounds weird, doesn't it? Go figure!
Old 04-12-2001, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, which I very well may be, but I didn't think Dubya had a daughter named Barbara, just a mom. She must be looking *dang* good for 70-some to pass for a college student LOL
He has two daughters.. Jenna and Barbara.. twins named after their grandmothers I believe.

And I like W.!!!

Old 04-12-2001, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm registered as a democrat but I voted green . . .

just . . . can't . . .wait . . . for . . . the . . . houseplant . . . to . . . get . . . out!
Old 04-12-2001, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dewgirl:

And as for the topic...I'm a registered Republican as well

nah, he has two twin daughters, Barbara and Jenna.
Old 04-12-2001, 02:41 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Siobhan
Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by dzrose93:
Although I voted for Bush, I do like the Democrats' views on some issues. I guess you could say I'm a liberal Republican. Sounds weird, doesn't it? Go figure!
If you're a liberal republican you'd love politics in Canada - we have a Progressive Conservative party (now that's an oxymoron if I ever did see one) . I'm the same way, I'm conservative with some views and liberal with others, that's why I love PC.
Old 04-12-2001, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Y'all please! This man violated the Kyoto Treaty, pissed of the entire continent of Europe, destroyed our already fragile relations with China, AND his new budget just slashed funding for NREL where my friends used to work. NREL is a nationally funded laboratory that researches alternative energy sources. Apparently though, Bush doesn't think that's important - despite current energy prices. I supported Gore because Nader didn't have a prayer and Gore was the lesser of two evils. Also, just so you all know - the stock market started its crash in November due in part to the uncertainty surrounding the election and has gone further downhill since. Economic growth is directly related to consumer spending, which is related to consumer confidence in economic trends. At least some small part of our economic slowdown happened because consumers lost confidence in the market, partly due to a president being elected that most of us didn't vote for!

** Stepping off soapbox **
Old 04-12-2001, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

I'm sure people will get irate about this, but I'm going to say it anyway. I just can't stand Al Gore! He came off as arrogant and condescending in the debates, and trust me, I watched them all. Plus he wore more makeup than Tammy Faye Baker! There's something wrong when a man can't even carry his own home state.

Anyway, if I had found the Democratic candidate more likeable, more down to earth, the party might have had my vote. But I think people need to give Bush a chance. Clinton was the slimiest president in American history, and an utter disgrace to our nation morally, so this is a welcome change.

Bush has only been in office a few months, and people are blaming him for everything under the sun. He hasn't even been in the position long enough to do all the damage some people are accusing him of!