GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,217
0 members and 1,217 guests
No Members online

Old 07-03-2001, 01:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Schools that list forever.

I am on the web team for my national fraternity and often scan the web for web pages for chapters and other mentions of our fraternity on the web. One thing that I keep running into is that some colleges will list our fraternity as being on campus *long* after the chapter has gone inactive. For example, the Alpha Phi Omega chapter at Barber-Scotia College has been inactive for 15 years and we are still listed as a student organization there!

I've noticed this mostly at Historically Black Colleges & Universities, but have noticed it at other schools as well.

Any ideas or comments?

------------------
Naraht
Alpha Phi Omega Alumni Volunteer
Old 07-03-2001, 06:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverTurtle
Thumbs down

naraht:

I know that my school has some org. listed that are no longer active, and I'm sure they're missing some (even though the design of the site just got a major overhaul).

I also know that I have been trying for a year and a half to get my collegiate chapter's website listed on the server with no success. (1 student who works in the IT dept. was helpful, but he's gone for the summer )

I think it probably has a lot to do with how involved the university is with its student groups and how much time/effort (and $$) goes into keeping their web site up to date.

------------------
SilverTurtle

Phi Beta Fraternity: National Professional Association for the Creative & Performing Arts
Old 07-03-2001, 07:41 PM

Cool

It all depends how lazy or how involved they are. I've seen some really out of date websites. On the other side of the coin, I noticed a mistake on Purdue's Greek site, notified them, and it was fixed in a day or two.
Old 07-04-2001, 01:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
I know that some places just aren't as web savvy as others. But I referred a broken link on our university's websie to our national page and I think it's been fixed.
Old 07-04-2001, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
Lightbulb

Some schools may list the chapters that went inactive just to let people know they were there... for Alum and thigns... Ya never know...

------------------
"...A dynamic sisterhood of powerful and passionate women maintaining uncompromising principles, igniting positive change, and embracing individuality!"

Phi Sigma Sigma - Gamma Gamma Chapter
---
1-9-4-6 Doohretsis!

Tau Beta Sigma - Delta Omicron Chapter
---
Go Golden Chickens! I mean EAGLES!

There are only a few good things that came out of Clarion- Chris Kirkpatrick of NSync, Kurt Angle (Pre WWF!) and any PHI SIGMA SIGMA!