GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,467
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Bioxtrim
» Online Users: 1,453
0 members and 1,453 guests
No Members online

Old 05-28-2010, 09:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM12588 View Post
I'm not taking shots at their ritual but when you see people literally die going greek, do you think that's ok? I think not.

And sides, rituals are not all identical nationwide. Chapters most likely have to localize them usually depending on their location so don't think because I don't like a certain way a ritual is done (usually because it's flat out bad and isn't smart) doesn't mean I don't like anyone elses ritual.
How did I miss this resurgence? Probably because I have no interest in a discussion of fraternity size, but this trainwreck was fascinating! How did you guys miss this little gem, though? So you just don't know what ritual they're using in BFE that tells those fraternity men to commit manslaughter!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-28-2010, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM12588 View Post
SAM dominates at colleges like Texas.
Completely untrue.

I can't believe I didn't commentate on this guy when he started posting.

Edit: I did. Haha.

here's the video i wanted to post thenn
http://vodpod.com/watch/1429634-frat-house-documentary
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 05-28-2010, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
The staff at local Half Price Books know me (and the little dog) by name! We go once a week with yet another box or five of books from my mother's house - she was quite a reader before she became legally blind, and then I read to her. I'm keeping the good ones, though! Interestingly, I took one box of very new, never read books there last week, and only got $13 for it. One of the things I didn't know that came into play was how many copies they already had of each book, and how fast it was moving.
An interesting thought on getting rid of encyclopedias for you, Honey- have you considered checking with realtors? I was at an estate sale a few weeks ago and they were putting a whole set of encyclopedias on the curb, marked as free. She said realtors used to pay good money for a set at estate sales because they are so great for staging libraries, offices, dens, etc. They were putting them on the curb because there are fewer realtors nowadays, since the housing market dropped. But if you know any realtors, you could contact them and see if they're interested. Or you could just contact a couple of real estate offices nearby and let them know they're free for pickup if they want them. Regardless, I thought it was a very interesting re-use of books- and hey, they need to get those books somewhere to make houses look good!
Old 07-29-2010, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushSigEp View Post
You are wrong.... Pike has the largest average chapter size
And you're responding to a 9-year-old post.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
My bad.... I'm new here, didn't catch that right away
Welcome!
Old 07-29-2010, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
My bad.... I'm new here, didn't catch that right away
Read more, post less. So far, you look like a jackass with a hard on for the Pikes. They must have cut you during rush.