GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 1,488
2 members and 1,486 guests
Sciencewoman, Xidelt

Old 07-22-2010, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorority Blogs

Hi all,

I'm new to this site and was wondering if anybody could help me out. Does anybody know of any websites or blogs that are specifically for sorority girls? I know that NPC has websites for parents and for prospective members, but I've been looking for a site just for current collegians that focuses specifically on Greek life and campus life. I've found several sites (HerCampus, ChickSpeak) that have sections about Greek life, but no entire sites intended only for Greek women. Has anybody seen any out there?? Any ideas about where to find them?

Thanks!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-22-2010, 11:00 PM

Quite honestly, I would avoid these like the plague.

Too many of them are geared to only one kind of school (for example, California schools or southern schools) and deride other types of rush or Greek systems, give hints and comments that are pointless unless you're going to that exact type of school, and play on stereotypes.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamPong View Post
Hi all,

I'm new to this site and was wondering if anybody could help me out. Does anybody know of any websites or blogs that are specifically for sorority girls? I know that NPC has websites for parents and for prospective members, but I've been looking for a site just for current collegians that focuses specifically on Greek life and campus life. I've found several sites (HerCampus, ChickSpeak) that have sections about Greek life, but no entire sites intended only for Greek women. Has anybody seen any out there?? Any ideas about where to find them?

Thanks!
Now we wait for somebody to show up and spam their 100 percent factual blog just for sorority women.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
Now we wait for somebody to show up and spam their 100 percent factual blog just for sorority women.
Yeah, I know. That's why I dissed them before they showed up.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quite honestly, you can get all the insight and questions you want answered right here on Greekchat... why would you need any other website?
ΦΒ To be rather than to seem to be.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:41 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm not really sure what kind of blog your looking for - do you want advice and tips, or an over-inflated narrative of "sorority life?"

If you want help and advicae, maybe you should look for general student leadership blogs. My favorite is T.J. Sullivan's blog: http://tjsullivan.com/blog/ He talks a lot about Greek Life, but the blog is focused on student leadership.

Cue spam.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I appreciate the input so far, but I'm not looking for a site for help/advice purposes - I'm a student journalist that is interested in writing about Greek Life and college life in general, and I'm looking for an organization that could give me an opportunity to do that. So information about specific websites or blogs would be great!
Old 07-24-2010, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamPong View Post
I appreciate the input so far, but I'm not looking for a site for help/advice purposes - I'm a student journalist that is interested in writing about Greek Life and college life in general, and I'm looking for an organization that could give me an opportunity to do that. So information about specific websites or blogs would be great!

As a former journalism student, I suggest googling (if you are looking for a blog, which IMHO, is no place for real "research"), and/or talking to people in person. Though unfortunately, you proabably won't find many people who will speak to you on the record.

I can't imagine a journalism professor advocating trolling a forum for suggestions on how to find sources, but that's me.

Old 07-24-2010, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

The one I really like doesn't specifically focus on Greek life, but it has a lot of really great posts like "Is sorority life for me?" and "Should I live in the sorority house?" and ideas for crafting and food. It also has other really great articles, like the most recent one "What do I do? My friend has an eating disorder". The website is www.collegelifestyles.org
They have a lot of unpaid interns too who are members of all different sororities, so feel free to check it out.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomplemousse12 View Post
This is a really nice website/blog! Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-27-2010, 12:42 AM
GreekChat Member

My little started one kind of recently....it's still in a very rough stage, but I know she was looking for input from other chapters on our campus and others that sisters have transferred to. From what I can tell, it will be a collection of events and their merchandise/tshirts and such. Pretty sure it's not what you're looking for...but...meh! family pride grumblegrumble
http://greekandchic.wordpress.com/