GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,187
1 members and 1,186 guests
g41965

Old 11-11-2016, 01:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by highafbutnah View Post
And well, about the lil sis thing, I'm not sure how it works where everyone else is from (not trying to sound offensive) but at UCI pseudo vs lil-sis is a HUGE difference. My Pseudos and I are VERY close and I would love to make them my real lil-sisses....
This is the part I'm getting stuck on. I don't know exactly what you mean by it but my interpretation is that it makes you creepyafbutnah.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig View Post
Calling NinjaPoodle and/or Senserut!
This may be the first time I was sent for on GC and actually read it. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
I believe he mentioned being in an Asian-interest organization, not NPHC

OP -- I doubt anyone will join a one-person fraternity whose sole member is over the standard college age and exists for the purposes of having little sisters. If their friendship is that important to you why not...ask them to be your friend?

This seems like a whole lot for no real reason.
Nobody sent for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
This is maybe not the best place to ask about this. I don't know of any major posters here who know anything about Asian-centric orgs. Maybe ask your two friends what their thoughts are?
To be honest, this is the best advice.

I think you have been done a disservice twice. First, you pledged a fraternity that eventually dissolved. Second, your friends allowed you to participate in Greek traditions even though you're not really part of Greek life.

If you are a ghost or renegade of the fraternity you pledged, I think it would be best to contact that fraternity (if it is national) and tell them that you'd like to continue your experience with that fraternity as an alumnus, and ask them to give you options. The options might be anything from "Sorry champ, we don't know you" to "We'd like to rectify this for you and invite you to alumni initiation." Who knows?

If I were your friends, I probably would neither support an underground fraternity idea nor inviting you to my own fraternity.

I just don't feel right with you participating in these traditions without the credentials.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen's Revenge View Post
This may be the first time I was sent for on GC and actually read it. LOL

Nobody sent for you.

To be honest, this is the best advice.

I think you have been done a disservice twice. First, you pledged a fraternity that eventually dissolved. Second, your friends allowed you to participate in Greek traditions even though you're not really part of Greek life.

If you are a ghost or renegade of the fraternity you pledged, I think it would be best to contact that fraternity (if it is national) and tell them that you'd like to continue your experience with that fraternity as an alumnus, and ask them to give you options. The options might be anything from "Sorry champ, we don't know you" to "We'd like to rectify this for you and invite you to alumni initiation." Who knows?

If I were your friends, I probably would neither support an underground fraternity idea nor inviting you to my own fraternity.

I just don't feel right with you participating in these traditions without the credentials.
No offense to any other member, you all gave great advice, but thank you Sen, you make a very great point. At UCI, it is not uncommon to have underground fraternities, however, these underground frats are "infamous" because they are underground for certain despicable reasons.

With that said, I know many people of the AGC (the term UCI students call Asian Greek Orgs) and if I were to make an underground frat, I wouldn't seem "infamous" at all.

Taking into account what everyone said, I also asked all of my friends about it, and they said to go for it! It wouldn't hurt, and I might possibly be even able to make it an open frat and pledge people I like from other schools. I'm not sure how far this would go, but I might just do it.

Thank you so much everyone, please keep replying if there is more advice to give.
Old 11-11-2016, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig View Post
Long time, no hear!

You are correct. I misread that part of his story.
It has been a while I try to pop in every now and then.

Quote:
Also, I don't plan on making it a huge fraternity or anything, but maybe just a small-time org

PS: Reminder that this is underground, I don't want to deal with official school business, I just want to be affiliated with my younger friends (whose frats I am too old to pledge for)
What does affiliation entail with regard to a fraternity that wouldn't exist if you were just to hang out with them? Because if the ladies don't want to be around you personally, they won't want to be around you in your one-person organization. And, if you are already friends with the guys in the 2 orgs, why do you need letters to continue your friendship?

The Little Sis stuff that I hear about is with LPE, so if those are the women you are trying to reach, I don't think that a new organization would be able to "infringe" (for lack of a better term) on the Lambda/Lil Sis relationship. Something to think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen's Revenge View Post
Nobody sent for you.

*aggressively wonders who gon check me*

Also, ditto on the bold.

Quote:
No offense to any other member, you all gave great advice, but thank you Sen, you make a very great point. At UCI, it is not uncommon to have underground fraternities, however, these underground frats are "infamous" because they are underground for certain despicable reasons.

With that said, I know many people of the AGC (the term UCI students call Asian Greek Orgs) and if I were to make an underground frat, I wouldn't seem "infamous" at all.

Taking into account what everyone said, I also asked all of my friends about it, and they said to go for it! It wouldn't hurt, and I might possibly be even able to make it an open frat and pledge people I like from other schools. I'm not sure how far this would go, but I might just do it.

Thank you so much everyone, please keep replying if there is more advice to give.
If you're gonna go for it, go for it. Just know that even though you aren't "infamous," you're going to be bunched in with the negative orgs. And, unless you have some sort of structure behind this group, it'll dissolve the minute you're gone, and you will have put in a ton of work for nothing.

Good luck on your endeavors.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I tried my best to not take any of this offensively, and I succeeded! I took all of this information and plan on incorporating it into my future actions. Thank you all so much. I do now plan on having other members and have hopes of having pledge classes. If you guys don't mind, one day I will be back seeking more help!

Once again,
Thank you all