GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,134
2 members and 2,132 guests
MethrenLusia, Tridentia

Old 09-23-2003, 11:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Arrow No Matter the Letter We Are All Greek Together.....

...but is it fair to make all the GLO's responsible for the actions of one? The rumor going around is that Brooklyn College is serious about kicking off all GLO's if they find out even one is hazing. With the amount of locals we have (that aren't anti-hazing) is that fair? I am so mad right now I could scream! Wouldn't the smarter idea to force out the locals, forcing them to go national or close down?

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-23-2003, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Not fair at all! And the thing is, that all of the locals have more to lose if they get kicked off campus that the nationals because if all of the organizations decided to go underground, let's face it: more people would want to be in a national then, as opposed to a local that wasn't even recognized by the school. Some people at your school (maybe those on IGC) should talk to the leaders of these locals and explain to them the situation and what they stand to lose, and ask them that if they're not willing to cut out hazing (because as we all know, being hazed is such an important part of sisterhood) they should at least be more careful about what they do and who finds out about. Oh and while I have the floor so to speak, I would just like to post a Disclaimer, that not all locals haze and just like you wouldn't want a national organization to be judged by the actions of one of its chapters or members, please don't judge all locals in the same way.
Old 09-23-2003, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Daisy,
You know you girls are diffrent, you follow NPC rules. I am talking about the locals that do haze. From what I have heard, they have been talking to *remember one of my sisters is IGC and NPC prez*

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 09-24-2003, 12:08 PM
GreekChat Member

buttonz, it isn't fair that the school is thinking about kicking off all GLO's if one is caught hazing.
They should just kick off the GLO's that do haze. Everyone shouldn't be punished for one chapters mistakes, (whether on purpose or not).

Plus, do locals even have to answer to a EO of their own? If not it seems that unless the school has an anti-hazing policy, the locals don't have to stop hazing. Not sure if that made any sense at all.

I mean National GLO's have to answer to their EO's, and the EO's set up anti-hazing rules for the specific chapter, then campuses tend to set up anti-hazing codes of conduct.

Maybe the GLO's (national and possibly locals that don't haze) should get together and petition the school to enact a anti-hazing code (if their isn't one). Then state that if a chapter is caught hazing they get fined or kicked off campus. This way chapters who don't haze won't get in trouble and then all the GLO's on campus are warned.

Brianna

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 09-24-2003, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ASUADPi
Plus, do locals even have to answer to a EO of their own? If not it seems that unless the school has an anti-hazing policy, the locals don't have to stop hazing. Not sure if that made any sense at all.

I mean National GLO's have to answer to their EO's, and the EO's set up anti-hazing rules for the specific chapter, then campuses tend to set up anti-hazing codes of conduct.

Maybe the GLO's (national and possibly locals that don't haze) should get together and petition the school to enact a anti-hazing code (if their isn't one). Then state that if a chapter is caught hazing they get fined or kicked off campus. This way chapters who don't haze won't get in trouble and then all the GLO's on campus are warned.

Brianna
That totally makes sense and is a great idea. It won't help to make the locals go national, because what if they continue hazing?? Everyone on campus should have a basic set of expectations to follow, local or national. If the nationals have stricter rules then that is their (or rather their EO's) decision.

It sounds like the school has been blowing off the issue for too long and now wants to finish it off rather than deal with it. Boooo.
Old 09-24-2003, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Man that sucks! Just because one GLO allegedly hazes, the other have to suffer the consequences. I think this is the most ridiculous notion I have ever heard. Why don't they discipline the individual organization in question? I agree with 33girl, they should deal with with it than finish it off. GRRRR!

The Trolls have taken over the Asylum!