GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,468
1 members and 2,467 guests
No Members online

Old 08-31-2014, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Your daughter's recruitment story is a great example of realizing why she may have been released from certain groups (lots of legacies) and moving on with the choices she has left.
And always interesting to see how groups that did not impress first round move up with a second look (and vice versa).
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-01-2014, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I finally got the text and it had but one word again..........SIX.

I could not be happier and breathed a little sigh of relief. I waited patiently for the text saying who had cut her or if she had her top six back. Finally it came. She was going back to her 5 of her favorite chapters and 1 that she had ranked in the bottom 3. She was fine and enjoying her day.

She was cut by Reveille. Again, she was not really phased by this. She still had a full schedule. She would not be returning to either MSC or Silver Taps which she had ranked in her bottom 3.

I do not remember the order of the parties but here is a summary of each. I got very little information from her today.

Fish Camp continues to improve in her mind. This is the group that I found out she has been hoping for all summer. But recruitment with them has not been what she expected. She just was not clicking with the girls she was matched with. She knew a girl in this house from school sports (rival town)but has not seen her. The skit was cute and she believes she would like to return here. When she ranked today it ended up coming down to this and Olsen Field for the 4th spot.

Muster - She did not have the experience here that she had the first two parties but she still loves them.

Bonfire - Absolutely in love with this chapter the skit was great, but it's still close between Muster and Bonfire. There will be a lot of thinking to do tonight.

Corps of Cadets - Really not clicking with this chapter. One of her roommates is down to 3 chapters and has said she knows she will be in this chapter. Another roommate really likes this chapter but my daughter just hasn't clicked with anyone.

Century Tree - Century Tree had been in her top 9 but fell out of the top 6 after Philanthropy day. However, she didn't mind returning here but still just did not click with these girls. Conversation was forced and a not much in common with them.

Olsen Field- She continues to like this chapter and has a lot in common with these girls. She has been surprised to be invited back to this chapter based on other cuts. This house is another one that has many legacies.

On her way back to rank she called and didn't really know which house to put 3 or 4. Her top 2 have remained the top 2 all week. Olsen Field has been in the top 3 from open house but fell off a little and Fish Camp had really continued to move up maybe from around 6 the first day to 3 or 4 now. I did not give her any opinion, I just told her to look at the girls and see which girls were more like her.

She ended up ranking

1. Bonfire
1. Muster
1. Fish Camp
4. Olsen Field
5. Corps of Cadets
6. Century Tree

I took the my daughter and her roommates Dinner and just hung out with them to keep them calm. My daughter wanted me to spend the night so I did. She talked a lot about whether she liked Muster or Bonfire more. I just listened and tried not to influence her at all. I mentioned things I knew about their Philanthropies and the type of projects each group participates in each year. She finally dozed off.

On Friday morning she got up and continued to be conflicted and I again just pointed out she had to think back upon the week and go with her heart. At that point she was sitting on the floor applying her make up.

She stood up and threw the sign of one of the chapters. In the back of my mind I was praying that she didn't just jinx herself. I dropped the girls off at the MSC in their after five attire at 11 in the morning ready for a day filled with stress.

I'm headed to load the tailgate trailer for Saturday's first home game at the new Kyle Field. I'll finish the story tonight.

Gig'em

Last edited by adiisis; 09-01-2014 at 10:43 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Mom, you gave her wise counsel.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Argh!!

Following this post like crazy!! Tell us about Bid Day! Very curious about where she went!

Love from an Aggie Delta Zee!!
Class of 2002
Whoop and Gig Em!!
Old 09-01-2014, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

This is really fun to read!! I am excited to see where your daughter went, I have friends in a few chapters there and I am dying to know if she joined one of them!
Old 09-01-2014, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Yea, I'd like to see the ending. Pref and bid day...one more post.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:57 PM
GreekChat Member

She went to the second convocation and then finally got her schedule.

She is headed to

Bonfire
Corps of Cadets
Fish Camp

Yea a sigh of relief another full set of parties. Muster was absent and I asked if she was ok. She said yes mom "I am going to be a Bonfire". I was a nervous wreck all evening. My son is in the high school band so a little Friday night football helped a little.

The Bonfire house was first on her schedule and just as she was about to go in. Luckily her last name is near the beginning of the alphabet. The poor girls at the end got drenched. She spent a lot of time crying in this house. Her friend was in the pref choir and she preffed her. She saw her friends mom in the house and left knowing this would be her home and she told her friend as much. I got another text that said "I am going to be a Bonfire."

Next on the list was Fish Camp. She had a nice time but it just did not work out. Who knows what happened here. It's where she wanted to go but they did not rush her hard. Had my nephew told them she wanted them and they assumed they had her? I don't know. It just is not to me. When I told my niece at the end of the night that she ranked her house second it hurt a little. I really wanted them to be sisters but it surely does not seem headed that way.

Corps of Cadets - She enjoyed this house and the ceremony was nice but she told them she had found her home elsewhere. This is the house that 2 of her roommates will end up joining on bid day.

Now the waiting begins. My mom and I are headed to bid day on Saturday and will take her to lunch and do a little shopping to help pass time. There is a necklace at a local store that she wants once she text where she is going. It's going to be a long day. Bid day starts at 3.

I'll be back to finish soon. I can't wait to tell you which house is her new home. She is attending her first chapter meeting as I type this.

She is so happy.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiisis View Post
Corps of Cadets - She enjoyed this house and the ceremony was nice but she told them she had found her home elsewhere.
OH. MY.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm having a heart attack. The oh so thoughtful daughter seems to have gone off the rails. I hope this all ended well!
Old 09-01-2014, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I think I know!!! I know the last 2 but not for sure on the 1st but I think I know
Old 09-01-2014, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

From what I've read about how many girls went through and how competitive it has gotten at TAMU, it seems like every house has really stepped up their game! Curious to know who all the names belong to!!
Old 09-01-2014, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow. Broadcasting to one and all that she is going to be an XYZ, before pref night is even over is .....
Old 09-01-2014, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmandu View Post
Wow. Broadcasting to one and all that she is going to be an XYZ, before pref night is even over is .....
She might have just said those exact words, that she had found her home elsewhere, without naming where that was. At least that's how I'm hoping it went. We've had PNMs come in to our parties and say it with a whole lot less tact than that before.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

When I preffed back in the day, I had DG and DZ. I loved them both, and I told both my pref night girls that I could see myself at either house. I wasn't lying either! DZ was my last party and I just knew. I was so happy to get my bid the next day, but I don't think I could have or would have jinxed myself.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsongirl View Post
She might have just said those exact words, that she had found her home elsewhere, without naming where that was. At least that's how I'm hoping it went. We've had PNMs come in to our parties and say it with a whole lot less tact than that before.
Yea, but you and I both know, you HAVEN'T found your home. Not till bid day.
Just sounds a bit cocky to me.