GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Academics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,278
1 members and 1,277 guests
acg233

Old 12-09-2001, 03:21 PM

Thumbs up Final Exams (message to everyone)

Just wanting to send a massive good luck to everyone who is now taking or will be taking finals shortly. My law school compadres especially have my well wishes. As for me...t-minus 51 hours and counting till its showtime in contracts class

Gonna kick that tests ass!
Old 12-09-2001, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Aww, thanks PKTSU!! Our finals started yesterday (Saturday, uch!) the day after our classes ended. It really sucks - our administrators have forgotten entirely what it's like to be a college student. Exam week isn't over until *next* Saturday so a lot of my sisters will be here a while. I, however, will be outta here on Thursday morning!!

Thanks for the good luck, and same to all of y'all!!
Old 12-09-2001, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Good Luck to all GCers with finals, may you all get them fabo A's and B's and succesfuly pass all of your classes
Good Luck
DGPhoney~
Old 12-09-2001, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I have another week to prepare.

2 comprehensive finals and one just on the last 1/3rd of the semester. Dont even have one in my tech writing class!!

GOOD LUCK!!

Last edited by Beef; 12-09-2001 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-09-2001, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to crazyleggedsigma Send a message via Yahoo to crazyleggedsigma
Cool

Aaaaaahhhhhhhggggggghhhhhhhhh

Why is it that taking 18 hours seems like a good idea when you're looking at the scheduling charts, but then when finals week rolls around, you want to go back to last March (or November, depending on the semester) and KICK YOUR OWN ASS?????????

I just finished a 36 page report on a project for Design, Modeling and Process (basically woodshop for college kids), and have to go to Staples to have it bound before Wednesday at 10:30 am.

I actually got my final project for Digital Imaging and Editing (Photoshop 5.5) done a week early...a rarity for me. (I think ol' Lucifer is pulling out his longjohns... ), and I get to pick up my grade sheet tomorrow at 8 am.

I have my Tech. Comp. Programming (C and C++) final at 2 pm tomorrow...if I get a 20/20 (who gives a 20-question mult. choice comprehensive written final on C++, honestly), I get an A. If I get a 19, I get a B. Cross your fingers...

Trig is on Tuesday 10am. Cross your fingers for that one too...I've never (I mean, since 7th grade when we started getting letter grades) gotten an A in a math class....

Nutrition for Life is Tues at noon...basically all I have to do is show up and make cool pictures on the scantron sheet and I'll get an A

Science, Tech., and Society is Tues at 2pm. Open note, shouldn't be too hard. All essay though. My hand will be ready to FALL OFF by 4 on Tuesday.

I turn in my project and report in Design...Process on Wed at 10 am.

Possibly the most enjoyable part of my finals week will be on Wednesday night, when Broussard's has $.75 drafts. Going to drown my sorrows.

I'll keep y'all posted on the outcome...Good luck to everyone!
Old 12-09-2001, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by crazyleggedsigma
Aaaaaahhhhhhhggggggghhhhhhhhh

Why is it that taking 18 hours seems like a good idea when you're looking at the scheduling charts, but then when finals week rolls around, you want to go back to last March (or November, depending on the semester) and KICK YOUR OWN ASS?????????

I just finished a 36 page report on a project for Design, Modeling and Process (basically woodshop for college kids), and have to go to Staples to have it bound before Wednesday at 10:30 am.

I actually got my final project for Digital Imaging and Editing (Photoshop 5.5) done a week early...a rarity for me. (I think ol' Lucifer is pulling out his longjohns... ), and I get to pick up my grade sheet tomorrow at 8 am.

I have my Tech. Comp. Programming (C and C++) final at 2 pm tomorrow...if I get a 20/20 (who gives a 20-question mult. choice comprehensive written final on C++, honestly), I get an A. If I get a 19, I get a B. Cross your fingers...

Trig is on Tuesday 10am. Cross your fingers for that one too...I've never (I mean, since 7th grade when we started getting letter grades) gotten an A in a math class....

Nutrition for Life is Tues at noon...basically all I have to do is show up and make cool pictures on the scantron sheet and I'll get an A

Science, Tech., and Society is Tues at 2pm. Open note, shouldn't be too hard. All essay though. My hand will be ready to FALL OFF by 4 on Tuesday.

I turn in my project and report in Design...Process on Wed at 10 am.

Possibly the most enjoyable part of my finals week will be on Wednesday night, when Broussard's has $.75 drafts. Going to drown my sorrows.

I'll keep y'all posted on the outcome...Good luck to everyone!
20/20 = A 19/20 = B
Now THAT is one F*$)(D up grade system. But come on now, ya gotta know better than to go 18 when they are LEGITIMATE classes!
Old 12-09-2001, 10:43 PM

Good luck, all! (Glad I don't have to take finals any more )
Old 12-09-2001, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PKTSU01

20/20 = A 19/20 = B
Now THAT is one F*$)(D up grade system. But come on now, ya gotta know better than to go 18 when they are LEGITIMATE classes!
I think crazyleggedsigma meant over all.... not just for that one test
Old 12-10-2001, 03:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Final Exams (message to everyone)

Quote:
Originally posted by PKTSU01
Just wanting to send a massive good luck to everyone who is now taking or will be taking finals shortly. My law school compadres especially have my well wishes. As for me...t-minus 51 hours and counting till its showtime in contracts class

Gonna kick that tests ass!
Hey there - good luck on that final! Contracts was my first law school exam ever. Is it open book or open notes? If so, I made some killer flowcharts for analyzing all those problems. Not to brag too much, but I did get an A. I can email them to you if you want.

The test ruined my birthday (May 1) because it was on May 2. I sat in my room all day and my parents and friends would call every now and then.

My best friend has the same B day except she's 2 years younger. She turned 21. She lives in Orlando and called me about 11 pm, toasted.

"Heeeeey how are yooooooooou?"

"I'm fine - studying for Contracts"

"Oh. We saw the Black Crowes. Theywereawesome!" (said in that fun little quick half-whisper that drunk people do when they're trying to be serious)

"Ok are you with Erik?" (her fiancee)

"Yes. Ewik. I wuv wuv wuv Ewik! We saw the Black Crowestheywereawesome!"

"Ok, yeah, I know. You saw the Black Crowes, awesome, got it"

"I just called to say hi. Hi. Hi. Hi there. Yep. Hi. Erik says hi too."

"How about happy birthday?"

"OH! Yeah! Happy birfday! happy happy heppy heppy heppy heepie heepie birfday! HEEPIE BIRFDAY! Ha! yeah!"

Somehow the finer details of promissory estoppel were just not as fun after that phone call!

Last edited by G8Ralphaxi; 12-10-2001 at 03:27 AM.
Old 12-10-2001, 10:01 AM

Re: Re: Final Exams (message to everyone)

Quote:
Originally posted by G8Ralphaxi

Hey there - good luck on that final! Contracts was my first law school exam ever. Is it open book or open notes? If so, I made some killer flowcharts for analyzing all those problems. Not to brag too much, but I did get an A. I can email them to you if you want.

The test ruined my birthday (May 1) because it was on May 2. I sat in my room all day and my parents and friends would call every now and then.

My best friend has the same B day except she's 2 years younger. She turned 21. She lives in Orlando and called me about 11 pm, toasted.

"Heeeeey how are yooooooooou?"

"I'm fine - studying for Contracts"

"Oh. We saw the Black Crowes. Theywereawesome!" (said in that fun little quick half-whisper that drunk people do when they're trying to be serious)

"Ok are you with Erik?" (her fiancee)

"Yes. Ewik. I wuv wuv wuv Ewik! We saw the Black Crowestheywereawesome!"

"Ok, yeah, I know. You saw the Black Crowes, awesome, got it"

"I just called to say hi. Hi. Hi. Hi there. Yep. Hi. Erik says hi too."

"How about happy birthday?"

"OH! Yeah! Happy birfday! happy happy heppy heppy heppy heepie heepie birfday! HEEPIE BIRFDAY! Ha! yeah!"

Somehow the finer details of promissory estoppel were just not as fun after that phone call!
Aren't drunk people hilarious? But ya, if i could see those flowcharts it would be sweet, thanks!
Old 12-10-2001, 12:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Fortunately, my finals will be done by tomorrow. It has been a very frustrating, depressing, and sleepless semester. Hopefully all of my efforts will pay off in the long run. Thank God I still have 2 more semesters!!!
Old 12-10-2001, 12:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to TigerGirl52
Good luck to everyone. I know I definitely won't be sad to see this semester go...it's been soooooooooo long and tiring.

Allison
Old 12-10-2001, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I agree, TigerGirl!

GOOD LUCK to everyone! Not only are you lovely people out there in GC land, you are a super intelligent species! Forget sleep, forget food....just go in there and get 'em done!! Christmas and homecooked food is right around the corner!!!
Old 12-10-2001, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TigerGirl52
Good luck to everyone. I know I definitely won't be sad to see this semester go...it's been soooooooooo long and tiring.

Allison
So its not just me? This has been the worst semester ever. Sept 11 events made things even worse. I was in a fog for about a week and could barely focus.

I've just had more crappy teachers doling out busy work. I'm tired of jumping through hoops for a grade, rather than demonstrating knowledge.

I can't wait to get out of LSU. Yeah, I've had fun, but except for maybe 2 classes, I've taught myself the whole way.
Old 12-10-2001, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to TigerGirl52
Quote:
Originally posted by juniorgrrl

So its not just me? This has been the worst semester ever. Sept 11 events made things even worse. I was in a fog for about a week and could barely focus.

I've just had more crappy teachers doling out busy work. I'm tired of jumping through hoops for a grade, rather than demonstrating knowledge.

I can't wait to get out of LSU. Yeah, I've had fun, but except for maybe 2 classes, I've taught myself the whole way.
It's definitely not you. LOL. This semester has just dragged on and on and on. 9/11 definitely put a damper on things. It seems like the only excitement has been Saturday nights and gettin to watch the fball team play.

I've actually only enjoyed one class this semester. That's b/c the prof is my sorority's faculty advisor and he's just a totally awesome guy. The rest of the profs can kiss my ass b/c they all made me fall asleep in class.

How much longer do you have until you graduate? You know I would be done in May of 2003 but I decided half way through this semester to change my major. My parents are finally happy though. LOL.

Good luck on finals!!!!!

Allison