GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,366
0 members and 1,366 guests
No Members online

Old 04-13-2019, 10:29 AM
GreekChat Member

University at Buffalo suspends Greek life after 'potential' hazing incident

https://abcnews.go.com/US/university...ll_twopack_hed

Quote:
The University at Buffalo has suspended all fraternities and sororities and is investigating a "potential" hazing incident that left a student in critical condition.

The Buffalo Police Department said that a student had been seriously injured early Friday in what it was calling an "incident of potential hazing."

"BPD are investigating an incident of potential hazing that occurred at a fraternity house in Buffalo overnight on Custer Street," the department said in a tweet. "A UB student was rushed to the hospital with a serious medical condition believed to have resulted from the Incident."
"Sigma Pi has recently learned of a reported allegation of health & safety policy violations at Epsilon-Omicron Chapter at the University at Buffalo," Jonathan Frost, executive director and CEO of Sigma Pi Fraternity & Foundation, said in a statement. "At this time, we are currently gathering information and, if necessary, will provide further comment after all facts have been gathered."

The student is currently in critical condition and on life support, according to Buffalo ABC affiliate WKBW.

@~/~~~~

Last edited by ASTalumna06; 04-13-2019 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:27 PM

This “suspend everyone for something one group did” shit is getting old.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
This “suspend everyone for something one group did” shit is getting old.
Agree 100% Typical KNEE JERK reaction!

What surprises me is Greeks that were never in the news before, one being
S Pi normally. Once again, the We Greeks shoot our selves in the foot!

Normally there are a few who are in the NEW's for just dumb crap. Death for being in a Greek Organization should not be one of them.

God bless us you STUPID JERKs for helping to ruin life for us!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 04-14-2019, 12:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Earp View Post
Agree 100% Typical KNEE JERK reaction!

What surprises me is Greeks that were never in the news before, one being
S Pi normally. Once again, the We Greeks shoot our selves in the foot!

Normally there are a few who are in the NEW's for just dumb crap. Death for being in a Greek Organization should not be one of them.

God bless us you STUPID JERKs for helping to ruin life for us!
I'm guessing you didn't reach the end of the article I posted. Sigma Pi has certainly found themselves in trouble recently due to hazing.

However, I do agree with 33girl in regard to restricting all groups when only one appears to be the problem.

@~/~~~~
Old 04-16-2019, 01:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
They did this at Bloomsburg in the fall, and the investigation wasn't over until the beginning of spring semester. Chapters lost new members who were like screw this, it's not worth waiting around for. It's so damn stupid to suspend everyone. For spring formal recruitment, they had the smallest amount of women go through in like 20 years. A group of us RTK'd to find out the results of the "investigation" which was conducted by an outside law firm, and we got nothing but the bills for the investigation, totaling more than $200,000. Not one group was suspended or in trouble at last note. SO ANNOYING!
Old 04-18-2019, 01:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
I'm guessing you didn't reach the end of the article I posted. Sigma Pi has certainly found themselves in trouble recently due to hazing.

However, I do agree with 33girl in regard to restricting all groups when only one appears to be the problem.
That is exactly what I was referring to! Yes ASTalumna06, no matter, S Pi did wrong, but to screw all other GLOs is wrong also!!

It just sickens me when this happens!

My Chapter Lambda Chi Chapter was on Probation for 0ne Year and I wanted answers. I called IHQ, got some answers not happy with. After discussing it, We came to a common understanding. L X Chapter is stronger now more so than ever!!

BTW, L X is my Chapter Designation, is that a Hoot or Not!! Yes, We do get under the microscope for sure!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 04-18-2019, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I hope the incident is resolved soon. Karma is real.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadokat View Post
They did this at Bloomsburg in the fall, and the investigation wasn't over until the beginning of spring semester. Chapters lost new members who were like screw this, it's not worth waiting around for. It's so damn stupid to suspend everyone. For spring formal recruitment, they had the smallest amount of women go through in like 20 years. A group of us RTK'd to find out the results of the "investigation" which was conducted by an outside law firm, and we got nothing but the bills for the investigation, totaling more than $200,000. Not one group was suspended or in trouble at last note. SO ANNOYING!
It's nice to know this is what I'm paying taxes for. Oh wait- I don't live in PA anymore. Well, I did at the time of the "study." BTW, wasn't it published online, or am I thinking of something else?