GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,197
3 members and 2,194 guests
chi-o_cat, Cookiez17, PGD-GRAD
Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 12:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: People who seek out hazers on the internet

Quote:
What are your views on individuals who constantly search for pictures (on webshots and other websites that host photos) on the internet that could possibly depict hazing of some sort?
I have no views on the individuals who browse the internet searching for sings of hazing. I will not pass judgement on a person whom I have never met and whom I do not know. I see people who try to eliminate hazing as doing a worthwhile cause. Just by the mere fact that I joined a fraternity I am generalized into the hazing stereotype. It is necessary to not only end this stereotype, but to punish teams and organizations who attempt to haze.
Quote:
Do you think a group should be accused of hazing based on a photograph, when the context is not known and the accuser was not present at the time?
What happened in the Iraq prison abuse scandal? Weren't those accusations based on photographs?
Quote:
Do you think people that patrol such websites looking for pictures should enjoy anonymity on discussion boards (such as GC), even though they willingly interview with newspapers and let their names show in print?
Yes. Do you think doctors that perform abortions should have enjoy anonymity as well?
Quote:
Do you think that people who frequently and publicly do this accusing are a germain topic of discussion among greeks
Hazing is a germane topic of discussion among greeks.

Last edited by sdbeta1; 02-12-2006 at 12:56 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-12-2006, 01:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltAlum
Enough, Rudey. I'm not amused. I'm considering your PM, but your not helping your cause. And there's a pretty good case for harassment which is definitely against the TOS.
Let's not use that word unless we want to start using it properly.

The people of GC are barely able to make the case for why the Earth is not flat, let alone to justify their actions and harassment of other users like Hoosier.

-Rudey
Old 02-12-2006, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltAlum
The administrator of this board has said that it is his feeling that if someone asks that his/her name not be used, it shouldn't be used.
The end. John said it's a violation of the TOS and since he's the administrator who, imho, has always remained neutral, it's his decision. PM him if you don't agree so that we don't have to have 10 more threads on this subject.

I do agree with the public figure part. If you want to quote his name in a discussion of an article that he wrote, fine. So far, I haven't seen that. His name has only been used to harrass him.

I don't like what he stands for either but I believe every single person on GC has a right to privacy.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

I dont really know why the starter of this thread even started it?

It seems that there was another post started on another thread that sounds a whole lot like this one!

Build up enough animosity toward a GC member and run them off.

So, hoosier has His Hot Button and it is Hazing as We all should when it concerns Greeks or sports and High Schools.

This will transmit to other parts of life.

Enough clawing of hoosiers back!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 02-12-2006, 12:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Earp
I dont really know why the starter of this thread even started it?

It seems that there was another post started on another thread that sounds a whole lot like this one!

Build up enough animosity toward a GC member and run them off.

So, hoosier has His Hot Button and it is Hazing as We all should when it concerns Greeks or sports and High Schools.

This will transmit to other parts of life.

Enough clawing of hoosiers back!
That thread got deleted. Having hazing as a hot button is fine. Being on a personal crusade stalking webshots is not fine.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ZTAngel
The end. John said it's a violation of the TOS and since he's the administrator who, imho, has always remained neutral, it's his decision. PM him if you don't agree so that we don't have to have 10 more threads on this subject.

I do agree with the public figure part. If you want to quote his name in a discussion of an article that he wrote, fine. So far, I haven't seen that. His name has only been used to harrass him.

I don't like what he stands for either but I believe every single person on GC has a right to privacy.
It gets deleted when that happens.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
Do we know what he does for a living? Generally, I mean.

Because I do think he admitted to spending a few hours scouring Webshots, and I'm wondering how he has the time for that. *I* have a lot of time on my hands sometimes at work, but not nearly enough to find hazing pictures. That takes dedication... and a LOT of looking at pictures.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AlphaAlphaLSU
Good to see ------, is hated here too. I think her stupidity caused the demise of fratty.net

I think most of GC is going to call the WAAAAMBULANCE now that Crappy.net is gone. I know I am crying big ole' crocodile tears. ---- is not hated here except for people who don't like to have their opinions questioned. Those are the minority.

P.S. The people who are hated here are the crappy.net people.

Last edited by DeltAlum; 02-20-2006 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:39 AM
GreekChat Member

i agree with alot of posters who said pictures can be taken out of context, but what about ones that have captions describing what si going on (yeah, it does sound kind of like a death sentence, but i have seen it happen). webshots and facebook are becomign hot topics in the student affairs field, more with alcohol issues than hazing, but i personally think people should post anything they wouldn't want their parents or the police to see, because both can get access to things posted online.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by frathole
I've never been to crappy.net, but if its anything like tubgirl, I want nothing to do with it.
What is tubgirl?
Old 02-20-2006, 01:56 PM

The person who was the hidden subject of this thread has not posted recently.

The thread is closed.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Closed Thread