GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24

Old 09-10-2007, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink right/wrong

Lots of people think hazing is wrong I feel as though as long as it doesn't get out of hand. At the same time everyone has their limits but if you go in with an open mind you will do fine.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

^I really hope you don't pursue an organization. I wouldn't want anyone who is willing to be hazed or willing to haze to be one of my sisters.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Well learning history about your organization is a part of hazing is that wrong that's the hazing i'm talking about.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Do you attend UAB?
Old 09-10-2007, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

No I currently attend Jefferson State I'm going to transfer to Birmingham Southern or Samford i'm not sure but I have till next summer to decide. Personally I don't have a problem with it. It also depends on how bad do you want it. If it's your dream you should want to go the extra mile and not give up.

Last edited by jessiwannabe; 09-10-2007 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I'd like to hear more of your thoughts, Jessi, on how having an open mind can make hazing better. What do you mean, exactly? Do the hazees need to have an open mind? The Hazers?
Old 09-10-2007, 06:42 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiwannabe View Post
No I currently attend Jefferson State I'm going to transfer to Birmingham Southern or Samford i'm not sure but I have till next summer to decide. Personally I don't have a problem with it. It also depends on how bad do you want it. If it's your dream you should want to go the extra mile and not give up.
Make sure you PM the AKAs when you transfer to Birmingham Southern or Samford so that they can expedite your intake process.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:43 PM
GreekChat Member

The hazees need to I believe no membership is to be given it should be earned and if you belive in your heart that these are you future sisters and brothers and you trust them they will not hurt you they ar there to welcome you into a family.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:
The hazees need to I believe no membership is to be given it should be earned and if you belive in your heart that these are you future sisters and brothers and you trust them they will not hurt you they ar there to welcome you into a family.
You have the right to remain silent.

If you give up that right, anything you say can and will be used against you...

Hazing is illegal.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltAlum View Post
You have the right to remain silent.

If you give up that right, anything you say can and will be used against you...

Hazing is illegal.
hahahhaha busted.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Lots of people think hazing is wrong I feel as though as long as it doesn't get out of hand. At the same time everyone has their limits but if you go in with an open mind you will do fine.
Quote:
Well learning history about your organization is a part of hazing is that wrong that's the hazing i'm talking about.
Quote:
Quote:
Bless your heart!!!

Jesus be a
Old 09-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide4 View Post
Bless your heart!!!

Jesus be a
That was my favorite toy!
Old 09-10-2007, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Whenever I see one of those, I think of the Dane Cook bit about the Speak and Spell. Pretty funny stuff.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Hazing is ILLEGAL!!!

I think I understand what she's saying-she's just not really saying it right....No-HAZING IS ILLEGAL & WRONG!!! The thing I think she means is that pledges (in some chapters) or Potential New Members should "want" to learn the organization's history along with do bonding activities. I know at my school something such as a treasure hunt (which many people find fun as long as they are not demeaning) is considered hazing. You can't even have a required time for PNMs to get together and study chapter history....if that's the type of "hazing" you are talking about...then, I somewhat understand what is being said, however, if we are talking about throwing trash on pledges or circling fat, etc., etc., then NO-I do not agree with that...If she is talking about treasure hunts and chapter history-does anyone else here agree that PNMs should "want" to learn that if they are passionate enough about going GREEK??? If anyone finds this to be offensive, please have some input.....
Old 09-10-2007, 09:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for elaborating. That's all I'm saying if the hazing doesn't hurt you in any shape from or fashion and demean you. It's okay, I can say go pull up all the information you can on my organization. That's not harmful to you I just want you to know your knowledge of what you are getting yourself into.